“The dreadful stare !”

Ranked #14 of 36 Restaurants in Emsworth
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“The dreadful stare !”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My friend and I had gone for a drive and fancied a drink.We came across the pub a decided to stop there possible for food too. The bar maid came over gave us long stare with no greeting ! My friend then said can we have a drink please ! Still just stared I then said 2 cokes please £5 for two cokes ! The only thing she said was do you want ice and lemon and the price of the drink.we then over herd her talking she said 'I don't know who they are! '. This made us feel very unwelcome so we decided to drink outside and leave and not even attempt to order food or use the toilet . Travellers joy more like travellers not welcome !

2 Thank Baileyjrobson
colin10710, Manager at The Traveller's Joy, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on this site, we have taken on board you comments and we would very much like to address the problems you had. If you could spare the time to let us know what day of the week and what time of the day this occurred. this will help us address the problem more effectively.
This is not our normal code of practice and with you information this hopefully will not occur again.
Please accept our apologies.
The manager.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved it. Very large portions taste is great check it out. Nice X friendly place -----------------

1 Thank Karen G
Tadley
“Dinner”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I went for evening meal with my parents, the food was as lovely as ever, very generous portions, quick and friendly service, very impressed thanks :)

Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Lovely food”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Went here with friends as we had heard good reports about it and it didn't disappoint. The service was very good and portions ample, I could have eaten my salmon and prawn starter as a main meal. The specials board has excellent choice and the lamb I chose was delicious. Would definitely visit again.

gosport,hampshire
“Great homemade food.”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I have often passed this great little pub whilst travelling, and have often thought we should try the place, so we stopped for lunch on a recent Friday lunchtime, and were most pleasantly surprised what a great place it is to eat. The menu is mostly normal pub food, but a lot is homemade, not the sort of fayre usually found so often these days.
My wife had the steak pie, which she said was one of the nicest she had eaten,and I had a blackboard special of ribs and chicken. The portions are very generous, and very good it was too.
The service was very good,the landlord and young lady serving were delightful, and I must say we just wish we had tried the pub earlier. We will certainly return in the near future.

• Visited June 2014