“Not bad at all...A pleasant stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Brookfield Hotel

Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emsworth
Leeds
“Not bad at all...A pleasant stay...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

I stayed here last week and my overall impression was not too bad.

The welcome was fine, although evening meals had been left off my booking form, so I had a brief discussion with the receptionist about it....absolutely no problem at all....but then some bloke behind the counter chipped in as I was walking off and explained the same thing to me twice more, but also saying if I was lying/wrong about my form the hotel would have to foot the bill for my meals. All a bit unnecessary really as there wasn't an issue in the first place. It was only a small thing really though, and I spoke to the same bloke a few times later and he was totally fine.

My room was large and comfy, with plenty of tv channels. The internet didn't really work in my room as the signal came and went. If I was relying on it I would have reported it, but I wasn't too bothered to be "off line" for a couple of days. I didn't like the weedy purple colour on the walls at all...it didn't go with the nice funiture of the room, and looked a bit cheap. That was the only real problem though....which isn't too bad really.

I did have a light bulb blow whilst I was there and it was fixed in literally minutes, so I have no doubt the internet would have been sorted if I had reported it.

Meals.....the food was quality and very well cooked. I did overhear some bloke complaining about his steak not being a quality piece of meat, but in fairness I had just had the same steak and found it to be lovely. Mind you...he did call the waiter "old boy" with a fake wing commander accent as well.....

The menu choices were a bit pretentious....lots of duck dishes and things with lambs livers on and stuff like that. I just don't want to eat that sort of stuff at all and wonder why hotels don't have some "normal" dishes on their menus too.

That said though, I asked for a cheese omelette instead (not on the menu), with some veg and potatoes. They replaced my veg with salad (which I didn't want), but the omelette was the best one I have ever tasted anywhere. It was stupendous, and I honestly take my hat off to the chef who made it. Absolutely perfect.

Breakfasts were ok. Not brilliant but not bad either. I also found all the waiting staff to be very friendly. They would have a very brief friendly word then move off...which was totally fine by me.

If I work down here again I would stop here again. I thought the rate was a bit expensive but then remembered that I am on the south coast during peak season....

All-in-all a very pleasant stay.....many thanks...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Brookfield Hotel following your stay last week.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your 2 nights stay with us.

The rate was higher than you would normally pay on your average visit due to the very high volume of bookings we had for that week which were driven by the annual horse racing at Goodwood.

We hope to welcome you back to the Brookfield again when you are next visiting the area.

Reception Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

The rooms have been recently updated and it shows. I enjoyed a nice quite night's sleep as well as a drink in the garden.

Avoid the breakfast bit is not included in the price, is average at best and not a good value.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank SeaChange17
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your visit to the Brookfield Hotel.

I am very glad you enjoyed a pleasant night's stay at the hotel.

We have noted your comments with reference to breakfast which is normally included in the price when you book directly or via our own website.

Bognor Regis, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed here for one night following my sister's wedding reception. The reception itself was well organised, Jamie was brilliant and treated the family as friends. The food was excellent. The room was clean and the bed very comfortable which was a surprise as Im never comfortable normally!
Thanks to everyone for making my sister and brother in law very happy

• Stayed May 2011
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about the Brookfield Hotel on trip advisor.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your sister and brother in law's wedding reception and a comfortable nights stay.
Your kind words have been passed onto Jamie and the team.

We hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.

Somerset England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Our stay at the Brookfield was to attend our neices wedding on the 21st May and the reception was being held at the hotel. It was a great venue. The function room was laid out beautifully, the food was excellent and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Jamie, the events co -ordinator, assured the reception ran very smoothly and nothing was too much trouble. We really did enjoy our stay and would highly recomend it.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review on the hotel following your visit for your niece's wedding on the 21st of May.

It is great that you experienced a different side to the hotel by way of the wedding and that you found all aspects extremely positive.

Your comments have been passed on to Jamie and the rest of the team.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

The hotel is easy to find. The room was a good size and had a window that opened all the way. Unusual these days. The food was great and the staff very polite and friendly.

• Stayed May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel following your recent stay.

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and will ensure your comments are passed onto the rest of the team at the hotel.

Hertfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2011

Had a weekend stay over easter, the room was vey comfortable and clean, all the staff were friendly and helpful, it was my partners birthday while we were there, i had arranged for some flowers to be delivered, which the staff hid away until the day, then while we were at breakfast, they delivered the flowers to our room.
The first night we had our evening meal there, the food was great, apart from the desert selection, which had nothing we fancied, we had an evening meal on the sunday, which was not up to the the standard of the other meal, but good all the same, but the desert selection was again disappointing.
Apart from the little gripe, would happily recomend this place

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the hotel following your break with us.

Myself and the team are very pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us over Easter.
I am sorry that you could not find anything to your liking by way of our desserts, this has been passed on to the the head chef and he is reviewing the desserts we offer.

We hope to welocme you back to the Brookfield in the future.

Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2011

We had a lovely two-night stay at The Brookfield in Emsworth, Hants. The room was a nice size, perfectly clean and all amenities were of good quality. The bathroom was one of the best we've ever seen when staying away. Staff are friendly and there is a nice foyer area just after reception with modern chairs and an appealing fire set behind glass! The bar was nice and breakfast was superb. There was a little touch of the 70's / 80's about the corridors away from reception but money has obviously been spent on the place. We used this hotel as a base to visit our daughter, who is in the army on nearby Thorney Island and we shall do so again. Great stuff.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay at the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the different aspects of the hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit your daughter.

Lucie Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,589 reviews
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!