“Exceptionally friendly staff”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emsworth
Hants
“Exceptionally friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We booked to stay at this hotel via laterooms and got a very good deal for a two night stay including breakfast.
Our first impressions of the hotel were very good as the lady on reception was very friendly and helpful giving us a map of the area and showing us the best route to the beach etc.
The room was perfectly fine, lovely comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with full bath etc. It was also very quiet overnight.
Breakfast was also a treat, cereals, lovely full english and again very friendly staff serving tea, coffee etc.
The hotel was in a good location a little way out of the main village but easily walkable if you don't mind a bit of a walk. We will definately use this hotel again and look forward to it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tazHants
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Brookfield Hotel after your 2 night stay with us earlier this month.

I am very pleased that you were able to take advantage of the excellent offers we were running during the month of January. We always make sure we have different offers to encourage people to stay and its lovely to know when people enjoy their time here.

We look forward to welconing you back to the hotel in the future.

Reception Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Bletchley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a three night stay at the Brookfield last weekend and what a friendly place it is. Rarely do you find such helpful and pleasant staff in this day and age and it made all the difference. Our room was fine and the food in the hotel excellent. Lots of places to visit within easy reach. Emsworth is a fifteen minute walk or five minutes more if you go down Beach Road and walk by the sea - some good pubs in the town with lots of real ale on offer for enthusiasts. Its easy to get to Chichester and Arundel or to Portsmouth and Southsea in the opposite direction - all served by bus routes with a stop right outside the hotel. Plenty of walks available too. All-in-all agreat place to stay.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank john7851
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of the Brookfield Hotel following your 3 night break with your wife.

I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay with us, your kind comments regarding the staff have been passed on.

It's lovely to know that you were able to explore the local area and also made use of the handy bus stop outside the hotel.

I hope that we are able to welcome you both back to the Brookfield in the near future.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

comfortable room, nice bar, pleasant friendly staff.
everything required for a relaxing night after a hard days work.
myself and 3 colleagues stayed 3 nights in the Brookfield just before Christmas and would recommend this hotel without hesitation.
Far enough from the town centre to ensure a good nights sleep, yet close enough to enjoy all of Emsworth's facilities.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bob l
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Brookfield Hotel following your 3 night stay.

I am extremely pleased that you and your 3 colleagues enjoyed your stay with us, and found that our facilites and friendly staff met your requirements for a relaxing evening after work.

I hope that you will return to the Brookfield soon for another visit.

sussex England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

My wife and I stayed in the hotel after a work do. Amazing value as they had an offer for room only for 45 pounds so we decided to stay as it was cheaper than a taxi! Rooms are pretty nice and the bar area is modern and well presented.

Parts of the hotel looks a bit tired and it is a bit of a walk to emsworth town and waterfront.

Its nothing too special but you could do an awful lot worse.

• Stayed December 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of the Brookfield Hotel following your works Christmas Party.

I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our Christmas Party night special offer on accommodation, which offered amazing value for money, and that you were happy with the overall experience of the hotel.

We hope to welcome you back for a Christmas Party later this year if not before.

Whitchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

My husband and I recently had a 3 night stay and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff are all very welcoming and actually seemed pleased to see us, unlike many other establishments we have stayed at. We dined in on the first evening and saw no reason to go out to eat for the following 2 nights. A pleasant bar area to sit and have a drink and order dinner. If you wish to go into Chichester and not have the hassle of parking, there is a bus stop right outside the hotel. Emsworth harbour is a 15 minute walk away. An all-round good experience.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 28 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Brookfield Hotel following your visit last month.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your 3 night break away with us, and that you were pleased with the various aspects of your stay, including the restaurant.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future for another visit.

Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

85 pounds for the night with breakfast

The room was a single room and was definitely dated, the bed could have been more comfortable, it seems the spring on the bed were calling out for replacements

Small room for the price

The light in the bathroom was not working but. The staff is extremely attentive to get it replaced immediately. The Internet does not work in the rooms, you have to go the bar to use Internet which is not always very comfortable ,but it was for free.

I found the restaurant expensive, so decided to walk to to the emmsworth city centre for my meal and. Am glad I did that, went to the coal exchange to have an eglish ale which was very good and them to the little India restaraunt - which was good too..

It's a nice walk to the village centre,you can take the sea walk which would take you 20 mins or the main road walk which takes you ten mins

The breakfast at the hotel was splendid, freshly made to order even the croissants, the breakfast was very English and very good

Overall the room disappointed me but the breakfast made it up for me.

Would like to try some other place next time.....

Room Tip: Are you sure you want to spend so much for this?
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ashboy
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review of the Brookfield Hotel following your stay with us earlier this month.

I am sorry that you were not totally satisfied with all the aspects of your stay, but that you were pleased with efficiency of the staff, the complimentary Wi-Fi and our excellent breakfast.

Our room rates vary on how busy we are and we endeavour, wherever possible, to upgrade our single occupancy guests to double bedded rooms.

I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area so that we are able to ensure your stay is 5 star not 3.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel last year on business, and had a pleasant stay, so I thought I'd book it again this year.

BIG MISTAKE.

For some reason, and I don't know whether it has changed owners during the last year, but the hotel seems to have absolutely gone down the pan.

It's cheap, but that's about it. I remembered the rooms on the bottom floor as being modern and cosy, so expected the same of the first floor - again, too much to expect. My window was broken off the hinges, so a freezing draft and horrible traffic noise prevented me from having any sort or sleep.

Dinner? Beware of the menu. There's absolutely nothing on it you'd recognise. It's one page long, doesn't have any chips / fries, just the sort of pretentious stuff with ridiculous, non-descript names that nobody can understand. I ended up having a jacket potato for dinner, because it was the only thing on the menu guaranteed to be recognisable as food.

Staff are friendly, but the chap who served me in the restaurant really needed to work on his serving manner.

It's a shame because it;s such a far cry from the experience I had the last time I stayed here.

Verdict: stay here only if you really have to, and go into Portsmouth for dinner (a good 30 mins drive away).

Room Tip: Don't get one on the first floor, or overlooking the car park!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank matteh-2006
2jkiukjuoioljkodndci, Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review following your repeat visit to the hotel back in September.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay this time around. It is unfortunate that we were unable to resolve your issues during your stay.

I'm sorry that you feel that 'Chicken wrapped in Pancetta with roasted Chorizo, Herb Mash and Vine Cherry Tomatoes' or 'Grilled Sirloin Steak Diane with Saute Potatoes and Pea Puree' have non - descript names and that nobody is able to understand them.
I noticed that you opted for something from our second menu, our bar menu, which includes such dishes as a Burger, Pasta and Jacket Potatoes.

I have ensured all comments have been passed on and I am pleased that you have noted that this is not our usual standard.

Reception Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,593 reviews
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!