“Retirement Dinner, excellent” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Emsworth
West Sussex UK
“Retirement Dinner, excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I chose the Brookfield Hotel on past dining experiences and personal recommendations. I wasn't disappointed and neither were my guests. The bar and restaurant staff were friendly and efficient and the evening was well organised throughout. I booked the Lumley Room in advance as Friday nights (and weekends) are very popular. The room was perfectly heated and appointed. Too often some places turn the radiators on as you arrive, or not at all!

All food courses were presented efficiently by the restaurant staff and the food and plates were hot! Again, another criticism of other establishments who serve hot food on cold plates! Portions were generous throughout and quality wasn't sacrificed for quantity.

Everyone (independently and without prompting) commented a few days after the event on how good it all went. I have known some of my colleagues 30 years and they would have told me if they hadn't!!

All in all a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Gruntfuttock99
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 22 November 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with the travelling/dining community. I appreciate your kind review and will certainly pass this on to the team as I am sure they will find it a great source of motivation. We are delighted to hear that both yourself and your guests enjoyed the evening.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reception manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I attended a formal dinner with a group of friends. The hotel has ample parking and the decor and furnishings of the public rooms are modern and clean. (Unfortunately, the cloakroom had a rather unpleasant smell.)
The bar staff were welcoming and helpful and the bar prices reasonable. However, the pre-booked meal was disappointing, although the staff and the service were good.
My wife and I had prawn and avocado cocktail. I think I had one small piece of avocado and my wife could not find any. My wife had salmon for her main course, which was fine, but I am fairly certain my beef was a "catering Portion," not freshly carved from a joint. My wife's dessert was acceptable, but I chose cheese. There was one thin slice of Stilton, one thin slice of cheddar and two very small cubes of Camanbert. There was a generous number of biscuits, but they are cheap. To round it off, coffee was served with milk only; no choice of cream.
A somewhat disappointing experience, especially as a room charge was added to the meal price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and comments. The management take these reviews very seriously and act upon the comments received. We appreciate people taking the time as it helps us to improve our service which we pride ourselves on and the food we serve.

KInd regards
Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Hotel is very well kept comfortable clean and tidy.
Pleasure to stay here again just one thing the bath was not designed for standing up showering in. Very curved at bottom and slippery.
Emsworth is a delightful small Keyside village .

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rturner2102
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words on your review. We have noted your comments regarding the bath.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and yes Emsworth is a lovely little harbourside town.

We hope you will return again to stay with us at The Brookfield Hotel.

Reception Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

I stay in this hotel on a weekly basis for work, and have done for the last two years. The rooms are very comfortable, the food is excellent, but above all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Staying away for work is not always ideal, but the staff at the Brookfield really look after me, and all my needs are catered for. It's particularly lovely in the summer as there s a beautiful garden to relax in. Function and conference rooms also make it ideal for work meetings. You will not regret staying at this hotel, where the personal touches make it a home from home.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Dipali,

Thank you for your great review. It is lovely to hear that you class The Brookfield as a home from home. We have a few guests that stay each week with us and its nice to know that you feel so comfortable here.

I would like to say from all the staff that it is a pleasure to welcome you each week and we look forward to this continuing.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

One night's stay on 1st September 2012. Lovely hotel with good parking spaces. The Reception Staff were very helpful. I had arrived early but was allowed to check in. I had a single room ensuite with a good shower. For me the decor was a little dull though It was all very clean and well maintained. Coffee and tea making facilities. Sufficient sachets for coffee in the evening and two cups of tea in the morning. (It's the little things.) There had been a wedding party on the Saturday evening so I was a little worried about the noise but the event ended at a reasonable hour and I slept well. I had lunch in the hotel on the Sunday. The restaurant was very good and I enjoyed the meal.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank 12Max
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 October 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased to hear as well as all the staff here at The Brookfield Hotel that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We pride ourselves on our service and as you said its the little things that count.

We hope to welcome you back to The Brookfield in the future.

Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

We spent two nights while visiting family in Portsmouth. Excellent food. Nice atmosphere. Charming garden with patio bar. Rooms comfortable and the staff were very friendly and attentive. A very relaxing and comfortable hotel which we highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Dear Fandagoes,

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay at The Brookfield Hotel and got to enjoy and experience our restaurant and garden.
We hope you will return again in the future when visiting your friends in the area.

lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Just returned from a 3 night stay here and would like to thank all the staff for making us feel so welcome. They were all, without exception very friendly,courteous and helpful.
We dined in the restaurant on our last evening and our food was very well cooked and presented.The service was excellent.
The bar,lounge and reception areas appear newly refurbished and are attractive and comfortable.
The room decor wasn't what I would have chosen but was clean and comfortable and very quiet despite hotel being rather busy.No ear plugs needed for a good nights sleep.
I would return if visiting the area again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Julie J, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Dear Jane,

Thank you for a your lovely review, Your kind words will be passed on to the staff.
We are all pleased to hear you had a lovely stay, slept well and enjoyed your meal in the restaurant, which is just what we want our guests to experience.

Thank you again and we hope to be able to welcome you again to The Brookfield.

Reception manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,550 reviews
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!