“Masonic Ladies Festival” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ashford, United Kingdom
“Masonic Ladies Festival”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Weekend 30/5/14-1/6/14
Really cannot praise this Hotel enough everything was absolutely first class. I was given the task of organising the weekend for 53 people but with Jamie the events manager life was so easy from the moment we sent the first email to each other I felt like I had found a friend he was so professional but so friendly as were all the staff they could not do enough to please. The food and service was second to none. We had an unfortunate incident where one of our guests was taken ill and needed an Ambulance, Mandy on the front desk was so helpful. I would like to say a big thank you from all our guests and myself who had an amazing time and will be visiting the Hotel again.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Brenda M,
An amazing review Brenda, thank you so much and I am delighted that the whole weekend from initial enquiry to completion of your event was such a success. I know Jamie will be in touch with you personally in due course, but in the meantime I will ensure your kind words are circulated to the team here. We are very fortunate to have such a dedicated team who are passionate about their jobs and this is clearly reflected in your review. We were also relieved that your poorly guest was able to re-join the festivities after his short sejourn to A&E. Our sincere thanks once again and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Tracy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Fareham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I came with a large group of people for lunch and was surprised how nice the hotel was inside. There was a good choice of starters, mains and desserts on the luncheon menu. The chicken in red wine sauce was particularly good. Very good value and nicely presented with excellent service. Will come again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear PamC149,
Thank you for your wonderful comments and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your luncheon with us and that you will be joining our long list of regular lunch guests. Remember to pick up one of our loyalty cards from reception on your next visit.
We look forward to seeing you again soon,
Thatcham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have just returned from a weekend away at the Brookfield Hotel. From the moment you arrive until you leave the staff make sure that you have enjoyable stay, all staff are helpful and polite.
The rooms are lovely and clean.Both nights we started the evening with a drink in the bar, followed by a wonderful dinner the menu offered has a good selection, well presented together with a good wine list.
If you are thinking of getting away do not hesitate at staying at this hotel it is in a wonderful location with easy excess to the South Coast and area.
We will be visiting again and would like to finish by adding congratulations to Tracy on her recent marriage and wishing her and her husband every happiness.
Alma and Ian

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Alma & Ian,
Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post your review - I am delighted that you have had another wonderful stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. I am sure your feedback will help future guests decide to choose the Brookfield Hotel when planning their visit to the South Coast - as you say our location is ideal for any visitors who wish to explore everything to offer in the area.
Thank you also for your personal wishes - we too chose The Brookfield for our wedding night and was great to be able to experience the hotel from a guests perspective. it is fair to say that as 'paying guests' we were not disappointed and can appreciate why so many of our guests have such lovely feedback to share.
Thank you once again and we will see you soon,
Southbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

From the time we enquired in regard to having our Reception at the Brookfield, everything was made easy. Jamie the events manager could not do enough for us. The staff were unfailingly polite. The reception was everything we wanted not over the top, but classy. The food was absolutely fantastic and piping hot when delivered to the tables. They cater for children and vegans. Would recommend the Brookfield to anyone who is planning an event.
The hotel rooms are very comfortable with en-suites bathrooms. Coffee and tea making facilities. TV, Radio and Wifi.
Would my wife and I recommend this hotel - You bet your life we would.
Jamie and Crew my wife and I will be back regularly for meals.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BlondAdonis
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear BlondAdonis,
It was our genuine pleasure to be able to share your special day and we are delighted that you and your guests had such a memorable occassion.
I am sure Jamie will contact you directly but I know he and the team will be absolutely delighted with your kind comments. We are indeed very fortunate to have dedicated and passionate staff who genuinely care about all of our guests whether they are here for a quick coffee or a major event such as yours and it is great to see their efforts reflected in your feedback. I will ensure your comments are cascaded accordingly. Thank you.
We wish you all the very best and will expect you for lunch or dinner soon!!
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed for 2 nights with 2 other couples, having booked the hotels senior's package which included dinner, bed and breakfast each day plus a cream tea on 1 day. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, a minor plumbing problem in the bathroom was promptly fixed. The bar and lounge area was comfortable and the bar served 1 real ale which was well kept, as well as the typical hotel bar array of lagers and cider etc and a few good single malts. The food in the restaurant was very good, attractively presented and very well prepared, our only reservation was that the dinner menu on our package had a limited number of choices but if you choose to order from the a la carte menu a £25 allowance is made and I was able to have 2 courses without going over this. The staff were very friendly and helpful and this enhanced our stay.

For anyone wanting to visit the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, which includes the new Mary Rose Museum, or any of the other local attractions, the Brookfield is an ideal base. If going into Portsmouth the new park'n'ride service from the M275 is very good costing only £2 for all day parking which also includes bus fare for all the car occupants.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Brookfield Hotel.

Room Tip: Our parties 3 rooms were on the ground floor between nos 22 & 26 and were all fine and very qui...
1 Thank Brian P
Dear Brian P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Brookfield Experience - your recommendation is greatly appreciated and I am confident TripAdvisor readers will find your comments very useful when planning their visit.
Your patience was genuinely appreciated also whilst we attended to the maintenance which was required during your stay and I am pleased that this did not detract from your overall enjoyment of your time with us.
it was our pleasure to be of service to you all and I hope we will see you again soon - you still have more to see at the historic Dockyard!!
Woking, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

10 golfers recently enjoyed a memorable stay at the hotel.
We all found that the staff were outstanding in every respect. Nothing was too much for them and every one of them cheerful, polite and friendly at all times.
One of our number left some clothes in his room on departure. Tracey, the receptionist , was exteremely helpful and went out of her way to locate and post the items on without fuss.
We also found the food to be of a very high standard and reasonably priced.
We would not hesitate to use the hotel again and would recommend it to others unreservedly.
Ian White

1 Thank Ian W
Dear Ian and fellow golfers,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. It was our pleasure to be your host hotel and although I know you like to travel to different locations I hope that you will all decide to return once again in the future - or indeed treat your 'golf widows' to a well deserved break away!! Always a warm welcome awaits and I will ensure your feedback is circulated to the team here.
Tracy.
P.S The forgotten items are on the way so will soon be reunited!!
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here a couple of nights and thought it was a lovely little hotel well worth the £60 odd I paid per night. I think it's rated 3 star but I would give it 4 stars! Old school, and I mean that as a compliment.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank hawksey
Tracy C, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Hawksey,
Thank you for your feedback - I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and please be assured we take 'old school' as a wonderful compliment, thank you. I have to say I agree with you and you'll be pleased to know we are in the process of attaining 4 stars which will be a fairer reflection of the service and facilities we provide.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Brookfield Hotel.
Tracy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,556 reviews
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
The Crown
The Crown
#3 of 3 in Emsworth
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!