“Lovely hotel”
Review of Brookfield Hotel

Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Emsworth
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed one night in this comfortable very clean Hotel as part of a boat cruise package with Cafe Cruises of Emsworth and enjoyed it very much the staff were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone .
Our breakfast was made even nicer by the attentive waiter with the never ending tea pot and lovely cheery nature .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Christopher S,
I am so pleased you had a great weekend here in Emsworth and thank you for sharing your review and recommendation on Trip Advisor.
I will ensure your comments are cascaded accordingly and I know the team will be delighted that their efforts have been recognised and did make your stay even more enjoyable.
The Cafe Cruises are such a wonderful experience and combined with a stay here at The Brookfield makes for a unique and memorable break away for any ocassion.
I do hope you will come back and see us another time even if for a simple night away to relax and unwind.
Thank you once again and kindest regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Returned from a super trip to Normandy and returned to an old favorite!
As always, this hotel is a solid five in my book. The rooms are mostly renovated now although AC would be a great addition! Pillows are the only downside but ask for extra and you're good! Tracy was new and a great addition to Amanda's team. The touch of a good hotel is recognizing return customers which they do! Food was again excellent as was the Fuller's Ale. I was curious about the bad review that was posted before we arrived and asked them if they had seen it. They mentioned it was a disgruntled employee who left. That explained such a review.
Great parking and easy walk to a lovely little fishing village.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Croakies,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor - as a new member of the team I have been blown away by the care and attention to detail each and every member of staff strive to give to all our guests - certainly recognition for return guests included which as you say is so very important whether staying overnight or simply joining us for lunch etc. I am pleased you like our refurbishments thus far and the decoration and bathroom replacement programme will continue - sadly, air conditioning is problematic due to the age and style of the building so I can't promise anything on that front I'm afraid but fans always available from reception if required for the odd English Summer Time days we get to enjoy!
Thank you also for highlighting the bad review - I am currently working with Trip Advisor Fraud department to have removed - I just hope that any one reading it also reads the many, many positive reviews posted before and after so that it doesn't affect their decision as to whether to try The Brookfield or not.
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit - I am confident we will have achieved 4* Hotel rating later this year so all very exciting!

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Friendly, helpful staff that go over and above the call of duty. Comfortable rooms, excellent food and service and a nice garden and local beach walks to enjoy. There is a bus service running from outside of the hotel to the local town of Emsworth and down to Portsmouth.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Jacqueline M,
Thank you for your wonderful review - I am so pleased you not only enjoyed your stay with us but also that you enjoyed the fabulous facilities here at the Hotel and the surrounding area. Emsworth is part of the Walkers Welcome programme and there are so many walks to explore.
We do hope to see you again soon for your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Terrible hotel, with a very over priced run of the mill restaurant... Notice a few people comment this place is like faulty towers... It defiantly is!

Stayed here for two nights and was shocked to find my room had broken glass all over the floor on check in from the previous guests, I was told i would need to wait until the next day for this to be cleaned up.. really - staff very rude.

Food = average at best

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank robert h

Review is under investigation by TripAdvisor as suspicious.

If you have any concerns as a reader of this review please contact me directly on 01243 373363 - Thank you,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our first week-end spent at this Hotel and it won't be the last!! To say we had a great week-end is a complete understatement!! The room was lovely, the food excellent and the staff helpful, friendly and very professional. Nothing was too much trouble. We'll definitely go back again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Sue T,
Thank you for posting your review and that is great news that you are now part of the 'Brookfield Converted' and will be joining our established group of regular visitors. The hotel is infectious and I have certainly found that since joining the team - of course maybe I am biased Sue T, so is always such a pleasure to read feedback such as your's which affirm that thought.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Brookfield soon,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The Upper Thames Lodge had their ladies festival at this hotel this weekend and I can honestly say that I would not hesitate to use them again for any event. Jamie and his staff couldn't do enough for us and everything ran like clockwork. All of the waiting staff were polite and efficient and the table service was unobtrusive - and they all served us breakfast the following morning with genuine smiles on all of their faces. The food was exceptional and all dietary requests were quickly dealt with. Nothing was too much trouble. I could go on and on. If you are looking for somewhere to have an event where organisation and customer service is key then give these a try - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Susiebeat,
It was our absolute pleasure to be your festival hosts and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. Jamie and the team pride themselves on their quality and service right from initial enquiry through to completion on all events and occassions, and I know they will all be so very pleased that their efforts and attention to detail are visible to our guests. We do appreciate your recommendation and hope that you will visit with us again in the future even if simply a cheeky weekend away to relax and re-charge.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had an overnight stay at the Brookfield Hotel after attending a funeral in Southampton. Having stayed there several times before we felt they would lift our spirits before returning home to Kent the following day.

As usual they did not disappoint. The staff were so welcoming and we stayed in one of the recently refurbished rooms, very well appointed, the new bathroom was especially impressive.

Breakfast, as always, set us up for the day and our journey home.

Thanks to all the staff for maintaining such high standards, we look forward to returning soon!

Room Tip: The staff in reception will advise you - trust them!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear John W,
Lovely to see you again and thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased we were able to lift your spirits at such a difficult time.
I am equally happy that you like our new bathrooms - we love them too! Certainly Eric and Chris our wonderful maintenance team are being kept ultra busy with our ongoing redecoration programme - more new bathrooms next week!
Thanks again John W and we look forward to your next visit and hope it will be under happier circumstances.
Tracy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Premier Inn (Langstone/A27)
The Crown
The Crown
#4 of 4 in Emsworth

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!