“Pleasant experience”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Emsworth
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having just read CB2761 review, I am sure this person must be speaking of another hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed 2 nights in this clean, friendly, well decorated hotel and would recommend it to friends. The food was good and well presented with more than generous portions. The garden was delightful and well cared for. High praise for all the staff who did everything they could to please and I am sure if there had been a problem it would have been resolved immediately. We will be returning as it is well placed for visiting Chichester or Portsmouth.

2 Thank valerie2727
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Valerie2727,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and also for sharing your thoughts regarding the previous posting. I am hopeful that our other TA readers will also recognise this as being 'bogus' when they read our overall excellent feedback from genuine guests.
Recommendation is so valuable for us and I am thrilled that you will be returning but also that you would confidently recommend us to your friends & family.
Your comments will be shared with the team including our gardeners who are here almost on a daily basis to maintain and keep the Garden looking fabulous - certainly with the lovely weather of late our guests have been enjoying the outside space we are so fortunate to have.
Thank you once again and let us know when you are back in the area.
Tracy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I can't praise the staff at this hotel highly enough; they are all professional friendly and helpful. Special mention to Keith who was particularly gracious. The public areas were spacious and nicely decorated and the garden is delightful. Just a couple of gripes regarding our room; there is no air conditioning and it was a particularly hot weekend, however as the hotel is very close to a main road, it was quite noisy and therefore it was not possible to leave the window open. The other issue was there was only one power socket, and the wall mounted trouser press was not within reach of it so not entirely sure how we could have made use of it?! Those two issues aside though it was a very successful visit and for the discounted price we paid it was exceptionally good value.

1 Thank AngieJV
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear AngieJV,
Such a lovely and constructive review - thank you. It is always so nice to see in black and white praise for the team and hear that they have impacted our guests in such positive ways. Your kind words will be passed on to the entire team - this is such a motivator for them and as I have said to previous reviewers, we are indeed very fortunate to have such passionate and dedicated colleagues.
I am sorry that you felt unable to open the window, and although as you say we are on the main road into Emsworth, generally it is only peak drive time traffic which can cause more road noise than normal. When you are booking your next visit please request a garden or rear view room and we will do everything we can to allocate for you accordingly.
Although the lovely sunshine we've been enjoying is wonderful, it is very hot even overnight - certainly at home I am struggling too - we have purchased additional fans this Summer for guests to use which can simply be requested via reception.
Thank you for the feedback regarding the trouser presses - our maintenance team will look into the set up in each room to ensure ease of use.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback - it is sincerely invaluable to us.
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

stayed here with my partner for one night. Excellent service, staff very friendly. Had executive room which was at the back and very quiet and recently decorated.Bed was comfy and large. Had evening meal which was nice and the breakfast was lovely and lots of choice. Would definately recommend.

Room Tip: room 40 executive room as kingsize bed. Overlooks garden. Bit of a walk to get to it tho.
1 Thank alison s
Dear Alison S,
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I must agree our new Executive rooms are superb - If I could re-create at home I most definately would!
Thank you for your comments and recommendation and as with all feedback, these will be circulated to the team and I know they will all be delighted.
We hope you will have reason to visit with us again soon,
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I stop here quite frequently now for work purposes. The staff are always friendly professional and welcoming and work great to offer a personal service that doesn't feel like you are just another customer. Picking one person out, Chantelle is always extra chirpy which is great after a long day at work. The rooms are good and the wifi is great and good enough to handle Remote Desktop which is a big plus for me. The food is top class, again picking one item out the ribeye steak was superb and may be having that again on my next stay!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Pete I
Dear Pete I,
Thank you for taking time out to post your review - was a pleasure to read and I know the team including Chantelle will be so pleased that they are making your time away from home whilst on business as comfortable as possible. As you so wonderfully say - Why stay anywhere else?
Thank you once again and we will see you again soon,
Leicester, England
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed at this small hotel with my family in May 2014 to attend my nephew's wedding at Warblington Castle. On arrival, we were warmly greeted by Kelly, the receptionist on duty and showed us our room. We booked 3 rooms and they tried and put us all near each other, which was great. My 20 year old son loved his room so much that he did not want to leave. He had the room overlooking the entrance of the hotel.

The bedroom and the bathroom were spotless apart from a few stains on the carpet. I am particularly fussy about towels but they were clean and soft. Couldn't fault them on anything The whole atmosphere was fantastic. On Saturday 24th May, the day of the wedding, we were fiddling with the flower buttons for my husband and 2 sons and Kelly and the manager on duty all joined in to fasten them. How sweet!

Being our first time in the area, we decided to eat in most of the time and the food was to a high standard. The food tasted like "home made" especially the desserts. The restaurant staff were equally superb, nothing was too much for them and were always happy to help which is something you won't normally get even in the bigger hotels.

The gardens round the hotel were well kept and very inviting especially in the hot summer afternoons.

There is also an ample parking in front of the hotel and Havant Train Station is only a short walk away or 5 minutes drive by car.

It is a hotel I will definitely stay at if in the area again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank LizLeicester
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear LizLeicester,
A wonderful review - thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience - I am confident Trip Advisor readers will find your feedback very useful indeed and I will ensure the team see your kind words.
You are correct that our food is freshly prepared and cooked to order on-site - including breakfast which can be a rarity these days and it is great that the difference can clearly be 'tasted' and appreciated.
Thank you once again and I do hope now that you have discovered us that you will return again in the future - even if simply for a quick break away - we would love to see you again.
Wales
Reviewed 10 July 2014

They say that staff are a company's best assets, and for this hotel that is absolutely the case - nothing seemed too much trouble for them and we certainly got a warm friendly reception. I have to say that the food in the restaurant was outstanding - what an amazing chef! I was worried about needing a gluten free meal, but I needn't have worried - chef went to the trouble of preparing gluten-free versions of the meals for me from scratch, and they were first class. Service across this hotel is excellent - we had a small problem with the shower which we alerted to reception, and it was sorted within the hour.
The rooms are large and spacious, with good facilities and nice and peaceful at night. The cost of breakfast is a bit steep, but that could be forgiven with such good service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Doggylicious
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Doggylicious,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review - We are very proud of the team we have built here at the Hotel but is always so nice to read comments such as yours from our guests and please be assured all feedback is cascaded internally.
We are equally fortunate to be able to say that all our food is freshly prepared and cooked to order on site which enables Chef and his team to be flexible and accommodating to our guests needs - if we have the ingredients the kitchen can do it!
I am pleased that the 'blip' with your shower was quickly and efficiently resolved.
I do hope we will get the opportunity to be your hosts on another visit in the near future,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

A veritable gem of a hotel - stayed here for a Masonic Ladies Weekend and could not have been more impressed. Friendly staff who go the extra mile because they seem to enjoy it, Management who calmly direct operations in an effective and efficient manner, A restaurant to die for, English Breakfast that your Cardiac Surgeon would not approve yet the best ever. Cannot say enough except we are going back - twice - in the next twelve months and we will tell everybody else to do so too

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Toastmaster Tony,
Thank you so very much for your great comments and recommendation. I must say we are very fortunate to have a dedicated team here at the Hotel, many of whom have been here for many, many years and still strive every day to provide all our guests with the highest levels of quality and service. I know they will be thrilled to read your comments - thank you!
We look forward to seeing you again soon - best get our thinking caps on to see how we can impress you further next time!!
Tracy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Langstone Hotel
#3 of 4 in Hayling Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,629 reviews
The Crown
The Crown
#4 of 4 in Emsworth
Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Premier Inn Portsmouth Havant South (Langstone/A27)
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Premier Inn Portsmouth (Havant) Hotel

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!