“A little tired”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Emsworth
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
“A little tired”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Pleasant enough hotel but quite expensive, room only, room adequate but no extractor in bathroom and shower head quite awkward for anyone over 5'10. Friendly staff but didn't put themselves out. Bar prices okay, and stayed open as long as guests wanted serving.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Suebeau32,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and I am pleased that overall your stay was pleasant. As I have said on many previous occasions, we welcome all feedback as this is a key tool in enabling us to ensure our high standards of service and facilities are maintained and any suggestions for improvement can be taken forward internally.
If you mentioned the concerns with your bathroom facilities to reception during your visit, I am confident this will have already been investigated, however, if not please may I ask that you message or email me with the room number you stayed in so that our Maintenance team can check the bathroom facilities and make any necessary and viable adjustments.
I was disappointed to hear that you did not feel our staff put themselves out during your stay, albeit you mention they were friendly. We encourage our team to be attentive and professional without being intrusive and previous reviews would indicate that our staff are one of our best assets. I can only apologise if you felt that we could have done more for you during your stay. It is very hard for me to comment in full without knowing in what way specifically you felt our team did not 'put themselves out', so I would welcome the opportunity to discuss with you further and maybe you can include some additional information when you email/message me regarding the room number or of course you can call me on 01243 373363.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Tracy.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
kenilworth
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Have just returned from a two night break booked at short notice and with some desperation as my partner wanted to go to Shoreham air show( 49 minutes away by train). We had a double room with a camp bed for my son. I had feared it would be cramped but there was plenty of room. Very comfortable room - very good quality sheets, towels loo paper and toiletries. The beds were comfortable and the TV was a good size. The breakfast was very good - fresh fruit salad, a range of cereals, three kinds of juice and then several hot options. Good quality bacon. Piping hot. I would have preferred button mushrooms to field but that is a personal preference. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The carpark is large and roomy. Broadband speed was good. Would definitely stay again. The only surprise were a couple of cobwebs the first night but they had vanished by the second.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Dear 19mary64,
I am so pleased your last minute breakaway was such a success and thank you for taking the time to post your review. All feedback is genuinely welcomed and I will ensure your kind comments are circulated to the team here.
Thank you once again and I hope we can be your hosts again in the future when you next need to visit the South Coast.
Welwyn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We booked the Golden 2 day B&B package. All of the staff without exception were friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable with all the facilities we needed. There was a little noise during the night from an ajoining room after a wedding reception. The restaurant meal on the first, Saturday, night was superb. We ordered from the package menu but could have used the main menu paying the difference if we wanted. The food was very tasty and well presented for all three courses and was excellent value. On the Sunday evening the menu was more restricted and not so good presumably as the normal chef was off-duty. Breakfast was excellent. Overall our stay was excellent and we will return if in the area but we did detect that the hotel systems weren't always joined up and I think the reception desk didn't always convey things properly. Our welcome cream tea caused a surprise to the bar staff despite being booked for 4.00pm. The wrong newspaper was delivered one morning and we were told the Sunday dinner menu was the same as other days which it isn't. The staff managed fixing all of these small things well and when we left a coat in the restaurant the waitress immediately brought it to our room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear DaiBell,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback which is greatly appreciated. I am delighted that overall your stay exceeded your expectations and that you would return and stay with us again in the future.
I can only apologise that there were a few 'blips' during your stay but happy to note that you felt these were dealt with effectively and these issues did not detract from your overall enjoyment of your stay.
Please be assured that we will look at our internal communication process and ensure our message is consistent and address any training that is required particularly with our new staff who have recently joined our team.
My sincere thanks once again and I do hope to see you again soon,
gosport,hampshire
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We took friends to ' The Brookfield' recently for an Afternoon tea as a Ruby wedding anniversary treat, and I must say it was absolutely marvellous. We were served a wonderful selection of fresh sandwiches of every type imaginable, fresh homemade scones, and cakes, also fresh fruit, and even truffles, in a most lovely setting. The service was absolutely delightful, and nothing was too much trouble.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the ' The Brookfield, and if they happen to read this review, a BIG thank you for a lovely afternoon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank pompeyboy1951
Dear Pompeyboy1951,
Thank you so very much for taking the time to post your review. A lot of local Trip Advisor readers may not realise that we offer Afternoon Tea here at the Hotel so I am sure that anyone looking for a little treat or a way of celebrating a special occasion will find your feedback very useful.
Your kind comments will be cascaded to the team accordingly and I know Chef and his team will be delighted that their homemade cakes and scones were so well received by you and your guests. All our food is freshly prepared and made on the premises which sadly does seem to be a rarity these days.
We look forward to being your hosts again in the future and my thanks once again,
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just enjoyed a great stay at The Brookfield Hotel with my son. We had a comfortable room and found their staff to be very friendly
and efficient. The hotel was conveniently placed for our visit to
Glorious Goodwood.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jlsouthway
Dear JIsouthway,
I was so pleased to read your review and delighted that your recent visit to glorious Goodwood was enhanced by your stay with us. I will ensure your kind comments are circulated to the team here and we hope you will have reason to visit with us again in the future - Goodwood is just one of the many events held locally throughout the year so always something interesting going on! With that said - our location is ideal for exploring the South Coast even if simply a breakaway needed and no specific reason, so do think of us when you next need a little treat!
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Having just read CB2761 review, I am sure this person must be speaking of another hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed 2 nights in this clean, friendly, well decorated hotel and would recommend it to friends. The food was good and well presented with more than generous portions. The garden was delightful and well cared for. High praise for all the staff who did everything they could to please and I am sure if there had been a problem it would have been resolved immediately. We will be returning as it is well placed for visiting Chichester or Portsmouth.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank valerie2727
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Valerie2727,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review and also for sharing your thoughts regarding the previous posting. I am hopeful that our other TA readers will also recognise this as being 'bogus' when they read our overall excellent feedback from genuine guests.
Recommendation is so valuable for us and I am thrilled that you will be returning but also that you would confidently recommend us to your friends & family.
Your comments will be shared with the team including our gardeners who are here almost on a daily basis to maintain and keep the Garden looking fabulous - certainly with the lovely weather of late our guests have been enjoying the outside space we are so fortunate to have.
Thank you once again and let us know when you are back in the area.
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I can't praise the staff at this hotel highly enough; they are all professional friendly and helpful. Special mention to Keith who was particularly gracious. The public areas were spacious and nicely decorated and the garden is delightful. Just a couple of gripes regarding our room; there is no air conditioning and it was a particularly hot weekend, however as the hotel is very close to a main road, it was quite noisy and therefore it was not possible to leave the window open. The other issue was there was only one power socket, and the wall mounted trouser press was not within reach of it so not entirely sure how we could have made use of it?! Those two issues aside though it was a very successful visit and for the discounted price we paid it was exceptionally good value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AngieJV
Tracy I, Front Office Manager at Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear AngieJV,
Such a lovely and constructive review - thank you. It is always so nice to see in black and white praise for the team and hear that they have impacted our guests in such positive ways. Your kind words will be passed on to the entire team - this is such a motivator for them and as I have said to previous reviewers, we are indeed very fortunate to have such passionate and dedicated colleagues.
I am sorry that you felt unable to open the window, and although as you say we are on the main road into Emsworth, generally it is only peak drive time traffic which can cause more road noise than normal. When you are booking your next visit please request a garden or rear view room and we will do everything we can to allocate for you accordingly.
Although the lovely sunshine we've been enjoying is wonderful, it is very hot even overnight - certainly at home I am struggling too - we have purchased additional fans this Summer for guests to use which can simply be requested via reception.
Thank you for the feedback regarding the trouser presses - our maintenance team will look into the set up in each room to ensure ease of use.
I do hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback - it is sincerely invaluable to us.
Tracy.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Emsworth
Langstone Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North
Crouchers Hotel
Crouchers Hotel
#2 of 8 in Chichester

Been to Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!