“What a lovely find.”

Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Fareham
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: There are a few West Street in our surrounding area,so,please look for Fareham West Street PO16 0EL.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“What a lovely find.”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Popped in on an off chance.

Friendly staff.

Asked for a chicken meal with some heat.....Perfect!

Good portions and prices.

Well worth a visit.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food, excellent friendly service!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

This little gem in the middle of Fareham has to be my all time favorite Chinese and possibly restaurant in general. I am effectively a regular customer there now with family and we go whenever we have an excuse to celebrate something and highly recommend it!
I must first point out we have only tried the fantastic all you can eat menu but this menu consists of four courses, each all you can eat and the food every time has been faultless. The quality is excellent and thoroughly enjoyable but we do rarely manage to make it to having a big main course because the first three - mixed starters, crispy duck and lamb pancake rolls and a selection of soups - usually fill us up!
The staff are always, despite nearly always having a full restaurant to deal with, very polite, friendly and attentive and come across excellently. Nothing seems a hassle or problem.
There are it seems many good reviews of the place and all are just in my opinion, definitely well worth a visit and I highly recommend the all you can eat menu and booking in advance!

1 Thank AndyEliza
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food with great, friendly service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a really lovely meal here this evening, everything was piping hot and very fresh tasting. We opted to choose our own dishes as we are not big eaters and wouldn't have done justice to the 'all you can eat', unfortunately! We had the House red wine which was very palatable - we have paid a lot more for much worse wine in local restaurants. John and his family were very friendly and attentive. A lovely evening out - thanks, we will definitely be back.

Fareham, United Kingdom
“Outstanding food, very good service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Went with my wife at the weekend and selected the all you can eat menu.

The manager - John - made himself known, and was very much on hand all night to help staff in general deliver good service. He was really friendly, and after learning it was my first time I think he made a special effort.

I had curried samosas and smoked chili chicken starter, crispy aromatic duck and crispy aromatic lamb (three times!) for intermediate, with lemon chicken for main.

My wife is vegetarian, and after learning this John had a large selection of veggie options brought out for her including some not on the menu. Her assessment was that the food was very good - as good as usual (she's been before).

It was quite literally the best Chinese meal I have ever had. I was hungry,g ranted, but I still felt the food was exceptionally good. I appreciate food is very much a taste thing and that not all will agree, but I was genuinely surprised in a way I rarely am so felt the need to write about it.

Considering the price we paid and the massive amount I ate, I felt I had really good value for my money. The service was also good despite most the seats being taken by one single hen party.

The house red was decent, the tiger beer was cold and he never flinched when I jokingly asked for a 4th round of duck and lamb - he was just keen to please.

Very much looking forward to going back. And although I will need to go back to one other just to compare and make sure, I now consider La Orient to be the best Chinese in Fareham.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Adam G
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth its TripAdvisor standing”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Went here last night with my wife and had a really a good evening. Food is gorgeous and plenty of it. Recommended.