“Great evening”
Review of Lauros Brasserie

Lauros Brasserie
Ranked #3 of 162 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portsmouth, UK
“Great evening”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We visited Lauros on 12.04.14. We were the first people in there so were seated quickly.
We ordered a bottle of house white which was quite nice, but have had nicer.
I ordered the Goats cheese for starters and slow cooked beef for mains. My partner ordered the Chicken breast with the intention of sharing my starters with me.
The starters came out pretty quickly and we were both happy with the presentation and quality of the food.
The mains arrived in a good amount of time after we finished our starters and was again presented beautifully.
The beef was nice although the sauce was a bit too strong tasting for my liking, absolutley nothing wrong with it though. My partner enjoyed his main. I especially liked the potato, very nice tasting!
We decided to share the assorted mini assorted dessert. We were both very impressed with this as once again the presentation was great and had a nice selection of desserts including mini creme brulee, chocolate torte, fruit and a kind of fruit pie. It had lovely tasting sauces with it which were presented in different shapes (the pattern in the centre was shaped as a pair of lips!)
I really liked this restaurant, it looks small but I didn't think it felt as small as others have made out in previous reviews? I especially liked the fact that you could see into the kitchen, demonstrates to me that the Chef's do really care about what they are doing and have nothing to hide.
Would definitely re-visit!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Christine H

Cheltenham
“OK”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Tried this based on reviews but was a bit disappointed. Found the ambience lacking and the tables way too close together. This meant you felt a bit like you were sharing tables with the couples on either side of you, but it's a small place so they have used every inch of space. We found the food was ok, but nothing outstanding.

1 Thank Pewter
Southsea
“Perfect”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Been using this restaurant for over 10 years. Not cheap but definitely a question of you get what you pay for.
Be careful - once you've eaten the scallops you'll never choose a different starter - perfection!
Top quality and have never been disappointed.

1 Thank NKRSouthsea
Fareham, United Kingdom
“try the fish”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Certainly one of the best Bass Fillets I have had and the sauce was exceptional..... and very nice to see serious effort made with deserts.

Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Top class food in a lovely little restaurant ”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed in warsash and they recommended this place.

From the outside it doesn't look anything special but please don't let it put you off, inside it is lovely the staff are fantastic and the food is presented and tasted as good as any top class restaurant we have eaten at great wine can't fault it In any way a massive thank you for lovely evening

1 Thank bunny0505