“Fantastic Breakfast”

Ranked #1 of 9 Fareham B&B and Inns
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed for one night Saturday 30th August, the room was very comfortable and clean. The Trafalgar was well presented and in a good location. The owners were very helpful in offering advice and information about the local area. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice and the breakfast service was very good. The only thing we could criticise was that the kettle lead in the room was too short to reach the socket from the shelf so we had to put the kettle on the floor to boil it, which could have been a hazard. All in all a very nice place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank peterhopkins44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Wodonga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014 via mobile

This was a lovely well laid out room, with a great bathroom. We got in
Ate, but the hosts were friendly and accommodating. They showed us to the car park, and helped us get settled. Breakfast was awesome, in fact I wasn't sure I could eat it all, but I did. Would have liked to stay longer, but it was a stop over for Portsmouth.

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight on 07/07/14 and thought that for £60 I wouldn't expect too much. What I got though was a very welcome reception, an immaculately clean and spacious room, and free wifi. The local area is decent too with some nice pubs, etc.

In the morning I got a full English included, and it was top notch. None of these cheap sausages and other bits which form the basis of many breakfasts in these type of places, but real good quality food cooked to perfection. Coffee isn't instant but instead filtered, and when I asked if they did decaf (the last 3 hotels I've stayed in I've had to get hot water and use my own tea bags) they said of course, tea or coffee?

I've stayed in a lot of places before which I've paid similar and given top ratings to thinking that you can't get better for the money, but this place makes then look positively lacklustre.

Place is a real find, I will undoubtedly stay here again and cannot recommend this place highly enough.

The only thing I'd change, and this is being really picky as there's nothing else I can think if, is that I like a really powerful shower and whilst the shower was decent, I'd prefer one that was a bit more like a pressure washer. Still, nothing wrong with it.

Last thing to add is there's ample free parking out back which is great. Beats the larger hotel chains any day of the week. Unbeatable for the money, has to be the best value for money hotel in the UK I'd think.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank DamienellIs
Cornwall, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with my 10 year old son before heading to the Goodwood Festival of Speed the next day. At first glance the interior looks a little dated but it's actually a welcome change from cookie-cutter chain hotels. Everything was very clean and the welcome was friendly. The room was huge - three beds and a good bathroom. Although we were leaving at 6am (before breakfast was served, obviously) we could help ourselves to cereal, juice etc. in the dining room. Nice touch. Location within Fareham wasn't a major issue since we were using it as a brief stopover but it's on an attractive street in the middle of the town. All in all, highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Riffa, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

On a flying visit to UK this month we needed somewhere near My family due to a bereavement, we stayed for 2 nights in the front facing room and booked the room next door for other family members. If I had been able to book earlier I would have been true to form and booked a chain hotel in Portsmouth, however my wife made the booking and what a fantastic choice it was. Originally from Fareham I didn't realise we had such hidden gems, if I had been told there was such a clean well presented establishment with ample parking in the High Street before,the many nights over the years either on my mums floor or out of town in a premier inn wouldn't have happened. Price wise they are spot on, the rooms are huge and airy, fresh bottled water alongside tea making materials is a rare find anywhere. We were able to check in early, and made to feel at home. I was worried about night traffic but there was either no need or I was just too comfortable in bed. Breakfast was another bonus, the choice (including omelletes) was far more than I expected, no instant coffee here, freshly cooked and all four meals arrived together. What a wonderful place, run by wonderful people and in a perfect location. This guest house sells itself. Don't take my word for it, book and visit you won't be disappointed. Bonus for all who stay here, just down the road is Soothills Bakery, visit early for the Lardie cake, you won't regret it. Many thanks to the owners who were polite, approachable and willing to be of assistance.

Room Tip: Front rooms look onto the High Street steeped in History.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Liverpool, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was travelling on business and just wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful. I was not expecting somewhere so nice. The room was enormous, as was the bathroom. The place was spotless and staff were lovely. The place is so close to the lovely town centre with its abundance of restaurants. The breakfast smelled delicious, however I am not really a breakfast person.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I agree with everything said before, so I'll not go into any great detail. All I would like to add it that the wifi is great and not limited to half an hour, like the chain hotels. I was able to stream my programs without any buffering. Would love to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple