“World class.”

The Indian cottage
Ranked #53 of 162 Restaurants in Fareham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“World class.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to at least 40 different Indian restaurant, even those in India itself. And this is by far the best food and the best service I have ever had. Absolute top quality! Would recommend to anyone. 5 stars!

1 Thank Joshie22

“Don't judge a book by its cover....”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

First impressions were that it was a little bit dated and in need of a good makeover. However we decided to persevere and try the food. That was the right thing to do as the food turned out to be excellent! The staff were excellent and helped us select a really great dinner.

Would definitely recommend eating here, but not if you are looking for swanky surrounds.

1 Thank Josef T
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consisently very good”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have been using this restaurant for many years and have found it to be consistently very good. There is a great variety of choices on the menu including many different dishes that I have not seen elsewhere. Unlike another Indian restaurant in town that just tastes bland, The Indian Cottage has such tasty food. Not always fiery hot but tasty with spices and delicious sauces.

The staff, and Faz in particular, are all very friendly and eager to please. This makes dining at The Indian Cottage a real pleasure. Over the years they have come to know me and my tastes and always look after me very well. I know that other regulars also feel the same way.

In my opinion this is the best Indian restaurant in Fareham and better than most that I have tried in other places too.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Barry K
Gosport, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food and very friendly”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Love this restaurant there is a lovely selection on the menu but if you fancy something thats not they will help out if they can. The staff are great so friendly and will go that extra mile for you. I would have given an excellent but the dessert menu isn't great but I think you find that in most indians.
Looking forward to my next visit already.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Chris616264
Oxford
“Don't believe the hype!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

If this truly is 'the best Indian in fareham' then you need to travel further. I went to this restaurant based on the reviews here. The place is a long way from being worthy of 5 stars. The service was ok, the food lacklustre and the beer was poorly kept. Not particularly good value. Must try harder.

• Visited June 2014