This hotel has a great position close to Portsmouth and the Hamble Estuary. The room was basic but very clean and had a good sized TV. We had a nice quiet room at the back of the hotel, one side is on the road so you may want to request a quiet room when booking. The breakfast time was very busy with alot of familities and we had to wait on both mornings for a few moments before being allocated a table. I did not feel that we were made that welcome by the person who greeted us and although it was busy, I think they should have been better organised. It was more like a Holiday Inn Express as we had to make our own tea and coffee and they didn't even have teapots, just tea bags in a mug. The second morning it was a little better organised but I do think the breakfast was as good as other Holiday Inns I have stayed in. We had dinner at the hotel on the first night and this was a good standard, on the second night we found a couple of great pubs in Titchfield and this was about a 45 min walk away. It's well worth a visit to Gunwharf Quays over on the water bus and doing the boat trip around Portsmouth Harbour. Hearing about all the Naval ships was fascinating. We did a lovely walk along the Hamble River. There were alot of children in the hotel but our room was very quiet. The Swimming pool was a good size and they separated it for the serious swimmers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Fareham-Solent in Titchfield is ideally situated for business and leisure guests on the edge of the Meon Valley in Hampshire between Portsmouth and Southampton, within easy access of the M27 J9 and the key business parks at Segensworth, Whiteley, Solent Business Park, Kites Croft, Cams Hall and Broadcut. Close proximity to Southampton International Airport and the Continental Ferry Port at PortsmouthFacilities include 124 air-conditioned bedrooms, high speed internet access and has recently completed a 1.5m refurbishment of the public areasThe hotel is close to Whiteley Outlet Shopping Village, Marwell Zoo, Paultons Park and the famous waters of the SolentOur facilities include a Restaurant offering tempting dishes from around the world, 24 hour Room Service, relaxing Lounge and Bar Area and complimentary use for residents of the Spirit Health Club with fully equipped gym, indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and beauty treatmentsThe hotel has 7 conference and training suites which can accommodate from 2-140 delegates, an ideal venue for meetings, training, presentations, Weddings and other special occasions & events. All suites have natural daylight, air conditioning, wireless internet access and all day tea and Starbucks coffee. Our external grounds are ideal for team building and outdoor activitiesAccessible & Family Rooms available. Kids Stay & Eat Free (terms and conditions apply) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Fareham Solent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hotel Fareham
- Fareham Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fareham Solent Hampshire