Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
US$81
US$177
US$168
US$91
TravelRest Solent Gateway(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$98
US$88
Premier Inn Fareham Hotel(Fareham)(Great Value!)
US$83
B+B Wickham(Wickham)
US$77
US$75
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Gosport Hotel(Gosport)(Great Value!)
US$80
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Portsmouth Port Solent Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
New Place Hotel(Shirrell Heath)
US$100
US$94
Agoda.com
All reviewspeppa pig worldmars baron arrivalhealth clubexecutive roomleisure facilitiestravel cotswimming poolbuffet breakfastreception staffkids eat freepaultons parkbar areabiscuitssofa bedthe ground floorwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I should put my review in context - I booked over a month in advance on Travel Republic and got a one night B&B stay in a standard room for £69.70. I got there a bit early so used the reasonable gym and excellent pool/spa area plus I enjoyed a free pre-dinner drink before heading out using my IHG Card. The standard room was basic and in need of a makeover but was comfortable and clean - only thing missing is a safe (you need an exec room to get a safe!). Breakfast in the morning was for a buffet nicely presented and fresh and all the staff were friendly and helpful so full marks plus excellent VFM. Had I paid the corporate rate of £96 or telephone rate of well over £100 I may have only given it an average.

Room Tip: Try and get an executive room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our pool facilities excellent. I am also delighted to hear that you found our team to be friendly and helpful and had a comfortable stay. We do hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Sonya Young

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Very welcoming reception with friendly, efficient staff - I particularly like that on checking out I was asked to score my visit whether there was anything that could be improved (I had checked out before I ate breakfast so did not comment on my minor criticism below). My room was clean and comfortable with modern furniture - very comfortable bed! The restaurant staff at breakfast were very good and whilst efficient were also unobtrusive - a good balance. The cooked breakfast was a little disappointing as the bacon and black pudding was quite dry - seems as though it had been sitting under the heaters for too long.

Overall, a pleasant modern hotel and I will no doubt visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff welcoming and efficient. I will pass on your comments regarding breakfast to our head chef; we strive to ensure our food quality is of a high standard. We are pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Exceeded expectations. Comfortable bed and a good buffet breakfast which had a wide selection and was also nice and warm. Ate in the restaurant in the evening which again was decent - seemed home cooked (ish) with a reasonable selection. Only quibble would be the lack of staff in both the bar and restaurant - the poor staff who were there were rushed off their feet!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very pleased to hear that the hotel exceeded your expectations. I shall be looking into your comments regarding the lack of staff present on the evening of your stay. We do hope to see you here in the hotel again soon. Kind regards, Sonya Young

Reviewed 23 November 2012

The downfall of this hotel when I stayed there was the evening meal on a Thursday when a large group of us organised 2 courses each from a set menu plus a couple of glasses of wine for a certain price. The first course was fine but for myself and some others the main course was left hardly touched because it was unappetising, unpleasant or inedible.

On the plus side the breakfasts were fine so why they couldn't sort out the evening meals properly I don't know.

Hotel itself is attractive to be in and the room was nice. Staff were generally pleasant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the hotel. I am very disappointed to hear that you and your party did not enjoy the main course of your set menu. Please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to our head chef and we shall be investigating into your comments. It is very important to us that all our guests recieve high quality food and service when dining in our restaurant. We do hope that you will stay with us again in the near future. Many Thanks, Sonya Young

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I was pleasantly surprised when arriving at this hotel. When I booked the hotel I thought it would be a very basic one with no frills. I was wrong! On entering the hotel you feel welcomed immediately. The reception area is light, airy and modern. The lounge and bar are incorporated and are found opposite the reception area.
The hotel rooms are well decorated, spacious and comfortable. There is a pillow menu, plenty of wardrobe space, and a generously sized bathroom with a great shower! Rooms are equipped with complimentary toiletries and tea, coffee and milk. There are no minibar fridges unfortunately.
The televisions in the room are large and have a good selection of channels (on Freeview), but the pay movies are extortionately priced (£8.50 per movie - even for older movies such as Back to the Future!!)
We took dinner in the hotel restaurant on the first evening of our stay and despite the restaurant being very quiet and there being three members of waiting staff on duty, it still took at least 10 minutes for anybody to take our drinks order and about 15-20 minutes for our food to arrive. The food itself was very good quality and moderately priced.
We also had breakfast in the hotel restaurant which was enjoyable. It was a buffet style breakfast and tea/coffee was served at your table. There was a good selection of meats, cheeses, fruits and cereals. Plus fruit juices, toast and pastries. There was also a good supply of fried breakfast fayre and the scrambled egg was particularly good!
I must mention that all staff at the hotel, from portering staff to management are very friendly, courteous and helpful at all times.
On the second night of our stay we decided to have our evening meal in our room. The food arrived within half an hour and was hot on arrival. It was of very good quality and portions were generous. £3 tray charge to have room service delivered.
Spa was less of a spa and more two rooms connected to the health club. I had a back massage and it was very good. The therapist I had was a very good massage therapist. I think her name was Rachel. Treatment prices fair and plenty of choice but book well in advance.

Not sure what else to say about this hotel. It is situated on two busy main roads with not much around the local area unless you want to go to Argos or the local pub down the road!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The team here strive to deliver great service and I am very sorry to hear that your restaurant experience could have been better, your comments have been passed on to the team. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your massage and we shall be passing your great feedback on to Rachel. Warm regards, Sonya Young