“Terrific Receptionists!”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Terrific Receptionists!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Easy hotel to locate and plenty of available parking.
The first impression most people get in a hotel is from the reception staff and in my experience it was first rate and she was very cheerful and helpful.
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
I only stayed for the one night and again upon checking out the following morning a different receptionist was again very courteous.
I stay in this area several times each year visiting family and have used another hotel in the IHG chain previously but had a bad expereince last time so tried out this hotel and will definately use it again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for leaving such kind feedback on your recent stay with us. It is a delight to read that you found our reception team terrific, they will be very proud of such great comments and I shall ensure they receive the great feedback. It is also great to read that you found your room comfortable and clean. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Many Thanks, Sonya

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I could not fault the staff and service I received whilst staying here recently on a business trip. The hotel had all the facilities you need, pool, gym, nice bar/restaurant. It's the best holiday inn I have stayed in. The rooms were very clean and food (room service included) was of a really good standard. The staff were all extremely helpful and very pleasant.

There is also plenty of car parking space. I will definately return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NN_2013
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review on your recent stay with us. Our team work very hard to ensure we deliver great service to all of our guests so it is a delight to to you speak so highly of your service experience whilst at the hotel. We very much hope that you will visit us again. Kind Regards, Sonya
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed at this place for just one night as we were visiting Paulton's park and peppa pig world. the staff were very friendly. The eveninf meal was excellent and mothwatering. it was one of the best places that i had stayed. I highly recommend this place to anyone. well worth every penny.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 28Jay12
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback. It is always a delight for me to read such nice comments from our guests. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable evening meal and hope that you and your family had a great time at Peppa Pig World. I am pleased to read that you would recommend us to others, we hope that you would also stay with us again. Kind Regards, Sonya
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have stayed here a number of times and always find it a relaxing place. The staff are friendly, helpful and efficient. The food is consistently good especially the breakfast. Room service is great and adds a certain sense of luxury particularly at breakfast time

Room Tip: We have stayed in many on the ground floor all great esp. the executive ones
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JaneG1956
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It's great to read that you had a relaxing stay and enjoy the breakfast in particular. The team here always try their absolute best to provide great service so it is a pleasure to read that you have experienced this throughout your stays. We hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Sonya
Chudleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This was our third fly by visit on the annual family birthday tour and we were once again pleased with our stay. The hotel is in an ideal location near the motorway and nearly always has a room when we want one. The breakfast staff in particular are friendly and helpful and the whole hotel is now pleasantly familiar!
There was a wedding reception taking place when we visited and I did wish we had been informed as had requested a quiet room. (Due to partner having a neurological disability which needs quiet and restful sleep) When we checked in I asked if our room could be away from the kitchen and function room as our last visit was spoiled by a late disco and service doors banging, staff laughing etc. The room was then changed to one further away from the noise so if I hadn't asked.... well... an extra brownie point would have been acknowledged if someone had had the foresight to arrange a quieter room before I asked. It's not like they didn't know our needs as been before AND had requested it! Nevermind!
Our executive room was clean and well looked after however the laminate flooring and furniture are now looking very worn so I hope these will be given an update soon. However hard the housekeepers clean ( & they do brilliantly) it's hard to make tatty flooring look good.
We missed the 2 (slightly) older woman on the reception this year...hope it was just their days off! The newer younger staff were smiley and pleasant but not so good at having a genuine and friendly conversation. Hopefully this will come with experience.
As hotels go, these folk all work long hours and do a great job so my feedback is aimed at the managers who make decisions about spending and developing systems to ensure customer requests are read and acted on.

Room Tip: Away from the lobby/hall when functions are on! Don't breathe on the way in as well because of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Thank you for sharing your review on your recent stay with us. It is always nice to hear of guests returning to the hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you found the breakfast team helpful and friendly. Our front office team do try their absolute best to pre allocate bedrooms away from any internal functions, however if the hotel is fully booked we can leave allocating bedrooms to upon check in, I am glad to hear that you did have a quiet room. We hope that you visit us again soon. Kind Regards, Sonya
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Recently stayed in the Hotel. Regretably I left some belongings in the room. I called the Hotel on the premium rate number. The fact is I advised reception within 30 minuites of leaving and i was on the Motorway on my way to an Airport with no potential of turning back. It was my mistake. I received no call back on that day despite requesting a call. I called two more times (premium rate) on the weekend only to receive a call on Monday mid day to say "sorry my belongings were not identified when the room was cleaned" and "we will check the trolley". The room I stayed in was 101 which 30 paces from reception and I checked out at very early 06.45 and the clearing of rooms had not started. I accept it was my mistake but this is not what I consider Customer Service.

Room Tip: Check you have cleared the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am personally extremely sorry that you did receive a prompt response in regards to you missing items. I shall be looking into our lost property process with the housekeeping team to seek ways to improve the process so that this situation shall not occur again. My sincere apologies, Sonya
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My previous writeup on this hotel was poor and you are not allowed to write up a further review for some time but that time has now elapsed so that I can.

I must recount this experience as it's never happened before in my many years of saying in hotels. After my previous write up I was contacted the next morning by the management of the hotel. They wanted to meet with me, they wanted to rectify the issues. So first point, they read the review and took it seriously. Second point, they wanted a f2f meeting to hear my opinions first hand.

I think it only fair to say that at my convenience I met with the area manager who I know has taken time to review each issue and attempt to put improvements/rectifications in place. This is really encouraging and as a result I can say that a number of matters have been much improved.

This hotel values it's reputation and has changed some things to make sure that the overall food quality is better. If only other hotels would try this hard..... I'm not writing this because the hotel has asked me to or offered any incentives to do so but I do feel I should update because they have worked so hard to get things right.

Room Tip: Exec and family rooms particularly good
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a follow up to your previous review. The team here at the hotel take all guests comments very seriously and I am very pleased to see that our process has clearly worked in your situation and any problems have been rectified. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Kind Regards, Sonya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
Solent Hotel & Spa
New Place Hotel
New Place Hotel
#1 of 1 in Shirrell Heath
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,342 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Fareham Solent? Share your experiences!