“It's not really in Fareham”

Holiday Inn Fareham Solent
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Fareham
Diss
“It's not really in Fareham”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Located near Titchfield almost three miles from Fareham town centre on the A27 is the Holiday Inn. It has a nice staff, clean rooms and a filling breakfast buffet. There is also a swimming pool. The hotel is a decent enough place to stay but you'd need a car or taxis to get to and from it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Swedishtomcat
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am sorry to read that you did not find the location of our hotel unsuitable for your requirements. It is very nice to read that despite being further away from the town centre than expected, you still had a nice stay including good service, a clean room and a great breakfast selection. We hope that you will visit again if needing to stay near the Titchfield area. Kind Regards, Sonya Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have used this hotel on two occasions now and both times were extremely pleasuable to say the least.
It is in a quiet location with plenty of parking available.
The reception staff on both occasions were very good indeed and the offer of a glass of wine at check-in was a lovely, thoughtful touch which was well appreciated, especially after a long drive.
The rooms we had on each occasion were spotless, spacious and well equipped.
We regularly visit this area and will use this hotel again without hesitation.
Once again, a special mention to the reception staff who were very good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback. I am delighted to read that on both occasions that you have stayed with us you enjoyed such a pleasant and comfortable stay in spotless and peaceful bedrooms. We know that the little touches such as a complimentary glass of wine can make our guests stay even more enjoyable, so I'm very pleased to read that you liked this touch. I shall share your great comments to our reception team who always try to offer great service to all our guests. We look forward to seeing you next time that you are in the area. Kind Regards, Sonya Young
Cheshire
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great welcome by very friendly staff. Evening meal one of the best we have had at this type of establishment and good value. We didn't bother with the £16 ph breakfast opting for an alternative in Gosport.
Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share such great comments. I am delighted that you received such a friendly welcome from our front desk team. I shall be sure to share your feedback regarding the great food to our kitchen team, such a lovely comment to read stating that it's the best food you have received in our type of establishment. We look forward to seeing you again. Kind Regards, Sonya Young
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had five nights stay this time around, I stayed in room 125 which was a big room with a large seating area with coffee table and all the normal bits.
I had a warming welcome by the reception staff with all the booking in process done quickly so I could get to my room and rest after my 3.5 hour drive. The room was clean (and cleaned well every day) however these was no biscuits (is that a saving for the business? ) with the tea and coffee boo! The gym and pool was open from 0630 to 2100ish if thats your thing.
The first night I had a meal in the bar which was great and the service very good, the rest of the week I was in the restaurant; booking a table at the reception each night on my return to the hotel, the food was very nice ever night, just one small issue in the restaurant was at some tables it can get very cold from the draft from the air conditioning- sit around the edges to avoid the draft.
Breakfast was great with a wide choice at a self service counter. All the public area were clean and well presented. Igave a 10 out of 10 for this stay when asked on checking out.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments. I am very pleased that you rated your stay with us a great 10 out of 10 on checkout, a score that the team here always strive for. Although we do not offer biscuits in guests bedrooms we always have some available on request, please do not hesitate to ask on future stays with us. I am very pleased that your stay was seamless from a smooth check in followed by enjoyable evenings meals and great breakfast. I shall ask our maintenance team to look further into the draft within the restaurant, I can understand that this may cause our guests to feel cold and uncomfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Thank you again, Sonya Young.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here on a business trip on Monday 4th March.

Firstly, I would like to say how lovely all the staff that I met were. In particular Caroline on the front desk who was smiley, helpful and efficient. All of the other ladies who were part of the team were also polite and welcoming.

I would also like to point out that the breakfast was pretty tasty - a wide selection - toast/pastries/continental/fruit/cereal/full english/pancakes - all of the things I had were good. My evening meal here was also basic pub grub, but tasty. Plus with the voucher 3 courses and 2 glass of wine for £25 it felt good.

My room however, was not good. (Room 218). Whilst a bit tired (scuffed/chipped woodwork on the furniture, and scuffed paintwork) it would have sufficed bar the other problems....

There was small dark brown/black hair over most of the bathroom floor, and in the bath tub. The plug from the bath was not attached, instead that was on the bathroom floor (disguarded underneath the sink). I was grossed out - but in my PJS by the time I noticed this.

The bed, was even worse. I ordered down for some feather pillows (which is a nice option as I don't like synthetic very nice. The feather ones arrived quickly - a very smiley lady brought them up) - I was SO glad I had ordered new ones. I was getting into bed (with new pillows) and noticed the pillows that I was not using had hair on the pillow case and small black marks - possibly mascara?!

The duvet also had black marks on it. The duvet cover was also inside out so the seam was on the outside. When I lifted back the duvet there was an unattractive stain visible through the sheet on the mattress.

Needless to say I was super unimpressed by all of this. It was, however, 11pm at night, and I was in my PJS. I did not fancy traipsing through the entire hotel to find a new room as I had to be up at 6 the next morning for work. I was so grossed out by the whole bed fiasco that had I not been up since 4am due to work commitments I might not have slept - it was hard to relax!

The next morning I was desperate for a shower to wash off the grossness of the bed from the night before. I didn't feel much cleaner as the first towel off the rack had a huge foundation mark on it. The shower curtain had large yellow stains. Then I noticed that the towel rail in the bathroom had an electric wire sticking out of it. Not great generally, really not good in a bathroom...

I have never had a more disappointing stay in a hotel.

The colleague I was travelling with said her room was perfectly fine - so I guess I had rotten luck, however, having a clean room in a hotel should not be down to luck...

On leaving the hotel we were given Curly Wurly bars - which is a really cutesy touch. It would have been well received, but I was already quite disappointed by the whole fiasco so it was lost on me.

I've heard so many good things about Holiday Inn, so I don't know how I feel about going back to one.

I would really appreciate it if the management could provide me with an email address to contact them. Thanks.

I have uploaded some photos that I took on my phone but they really don't do it justice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LILLY B
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that many aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations and would like to offer my sincere apologies for the standard of your bedroom. Please be assured that we take cleanliness and maintenance issues very seriously. Your feedback and pictures have been shared with our management team who shall be investigating further, we aim to offer clean and well maintained bedrooms to all of our guests, all of the time. I completely understand that stains, hair and visible wires are unacceptable.

I am very pleased that you found our team here "lovely" and will pass on your comments to Caroline in particular. It is also very nice to read that you enjoyed breakfast.

Our team do try their best to deal with any issues raised at the time of the guest stay so I am sorry to read that we could not resolve your issues throughout your stay, should you wish to contact us to discuss further please email fareham@ihg.com. Please accept my apologies for your disappointing stay. Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind Regards, Sonya
WEST YORKS
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed here recently for one night and were very pleasantly surprised.
If all Holiday Inns were like this one then we would use the chain more often.
From start to finish we had a lovely stay.
The receptionist was a lovely lady and was on from when we checked in at 5 p.m to when we left the next day at 10 and she never stopped smiling. I would recommend other hotels sending their staff here to see how to look after your customers.
She found us a lovely quiet room overlooking the gardens as we were travelling alone.
We were given a glass of wine on arrival and a choice of cake/biscuits.
The room was comfortable and clean.
We later enjoyed the Macaroni Cheese and Sweet Potato chips and both were very good and excellent value.
There is good parking facilities and we used the sauna/steam room for relaxation which were both a pleasant break.
The only downside was that our room was very hot and the air-conditioning did not seem to work too well but it still did not spoil our stay.
We look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: one overlooking the gardens on the first floor
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share such kind comments. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay right from the smiley check in with a complimentary drink, through to the good value and enjoyable food and the relaxation in our health club. I am very sorry to read that you found the bedroom warm, I shall report this to our maintenance team who shall investigate the hotels bedroom temperature settings, we hope that this did not spoil your stay in anyway. We very much look forward to seeing you again next time. Many Thanks, Sonya Young
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel 25th Feb and every aspect of my stay was amazing. Extremely nice staff, lovely room, even the pillows were marked 'firm' and 'soft' another good thing was that I was able to control the heating in my room as I enjoy a cool room at night.
Breakfast was very good as well. Can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sonya Y, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fareham Solent, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such a great review. I shall share your review with the whole team here who shall all be delighted to read that you had such a brilliant and amazing stay with us. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay from the comfortable pillows, heat controls and breakfast. Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel. We very much hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Sonya Young
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fareham
Solent Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Botley Park Hotel & Spa, Southampton
Lysses House Hotel
Lysses House Hotel
#5 of 7 in Fareham

Been to Holiday Inn Fareham Solent? Share your experiences!