“A must visit!”

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Visited Kraftea with my girlfriend for morning coffee. Found this to be a lovely establishment with a warm atmosphere. The surroundings are beautiful and if you are looking for a vintage tearoom in town then this is the one to visit! We were greeted with a smile by Kathie, the owner who took our order. We ordered a Hazelnut Latte & Iced Coffee which tasted amazing. Kathie even had chance to find time to sit with us and have a little chat about her new shop! Great customer service, lovely little shop in Fareham, we will be back for afternoon cake!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank antonio190

“A warm welcome with great service!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

I was visitin fareham and was recommended by a friend,
I found the cafe warm an inspiring. kids loved playing with
Lego ..my wife was impressed with wide selection of teas
Available, and was very happy with teapots jugs and teacups
mismatching all
To her likin ..the milkshakes were made fresh all with icecream
Which the kids loved ...cakes although small were great for kids
And tasted great. They were reasonably priced.
Nice surprise a local gallery, with local crafters able to sell their crafts.ALthoughit is small, there is room without being on top of other visitors.
I would definately visit again, and hear there maybe music night coming.

1 Thank Michael P
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“a lovely little place in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I have lived in Fareham for over 30 years, so have visited many eating establishments in my time ... I am quite a fussy person and know what I like, but I am always fair! Back in the summer, my husband and I visited this little (well, not so little) tearoom for the first time - it was our 25th anniversary, but we didn't want to travel too far ... I had walked passed Kraftea Coffee a few times, so on this occasion we decided to venture in! We were greeted with a warm smile from the owner, Kathie. Kathie took our order, then we had a little chat, and she found out it was our anniversary. She mad us feel special and individual, not just another customer! I had a chai latte, which was made beautiful (not many places serve chai lattes, or chai tea of any type, for that matter), so that was a big plus for me, because it is my favourite. My husband had an Americano - he is fussy about coffee, but said it was delicious - so another big plus! Our drinks were served ahead of our foods, giving us time to chat and enjoy our surroundings. I went and had a look in the gallery at the back and general had a nose around - it is very hard not to, with so many beautiful things to look at. The sofa in the corner, is big and comfortable, but there are also plenty of tables and chairs, but they are nicely placed, and spaced out, so you aren't on top of each other and you can have a nice little chat, or sit quietly, and watch the world go by. When our sandwiches came, Kathie had remembered that I don't eat butter, and believe me, not many people do - so again, that was a big plus ... these little things are important. After our lovely sandwiches, which were served with a nice fresh salad garnish and crisps, we still had room for some cake! I had a chocolate éclair and I can't honestly remember what my husband had, but his plate was empty! During our lunch, Kathie had a little chat with us, as we invited her to do so, but she also gave us space to chat amongst ourselves, again, just the right balance. Again, so important for giving the right impression. After our lunch, which was very reasonably priced, we said to Kathie that it was so lovely to find such a calm oasis in the town ... the café is situated next to a cute florist shop, nr the train station and nr various other little independent shops, so this has become one of my favourite areas of the town - and I live right the other side, but it is so worth my while, making that little trek! Since that first trip back in July, Kraftea Coffee has become a firm favourite - it is that winning combination of welcoming staff, good food, fair prices and a beautiful décor (which Kathie has done all herself). The atmosphere is relaxed, the décor charming - my Auntie described it as 'relaxed country' which I think is a perfect description - it has become my/our second home....I would not hesitate to recommend this little tranquil haven to anyone - in fact, lots of my friends have now made it a firm favourite too and for good reason ... it is also very child friendly, just in case you were wondering! =) It is a great place for a child's party, but equally it is a fab place to hang out with your friends or your mum! I have bought lots of lovely cards there, some earrings, bits and pieces for the house too. Kathie, and her staff, make everybody feel welcome... whether you are a forty something like me, or a 12 year old, like our son - you won't be disappointed! =)

• Visited July 2013
Fareham, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing when trying to support local community”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

Today I visited with a friend for afternoon tea. First if all we were unsure if we went up to order or someone took our order. After placing our order of afternoon tea for 2, we sat patiently waiting for our drinks. The drinks came out 20 minutes later with our afternoon tea.
The sandwiches were ok, the bread was dry but they weren't anything special taste wise. We both chose lemon drizzle cake, which was dry & stale. The scones had been buttered, which we both scrapped of as you don't normally expect anything on your scones. We asked for more tea, which when it was returned to us it was clear hot water had just been put in & no fresh tea bags! We needed extra cream & jam for our scones but had to return the pots. We waited 5mins & went back to ask for it & they remembered they hadn't done it.
It wasn't busy there was one other table in use & that group were having drinks. The service was poor & slow which was mainly down to the young male & female staff flirting with each other.
Shame as we both like to support small business but would not be coming back based on today, shame.

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Gemma M
fareham, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Kraftea coffee is a great place to have a get together with friends, The owner is really friendly and will always be ready for a chat with her customers. The food is value for money and very well presented. The cream teas are amazing. i visit there at leat 2 times a week.

• Visited September 2013