“great food great service reasonably priced”
Review of Antonio's

Antonio's
Ranked #7 of 174 Restaurants in Fareham
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Antonio and his staff give you a warm welcome from the moment you walk through the door. There is a lovely intimate feel to the restaurant and the food is reasonably priced with set menus and tapas selection. If you like fish you will love the daily specials with the a variety of freshly caught fish and shellfish on the menu everyday that are cooked simply, very tasty. The wine is not over priced and portions are generous. This is a gem of a restaurant and I can thoroughly recommend it which is why we regularly go there not just for special occasions.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Makes the eating experience that bit more authentic in this tapas bar/restaurant.
Food was very good,cooked well and presented. Worth the money and would definitely return for seconds

Reviewed 11 May 2014

After reading the good reviews about this restaurant I was looking forward to eating there. However, I was left feeling a bit disappointed.

We had booked for a Saturday night and arrived at the restaurant on time and were seated. We were offered water which was promptly brought together with menus
However, it was another half an hour before anyone returned to take our order, at which point we also asked if we could order some drinks. I can only guess that we had been forgotten. By this time it was gone 9pm.
The starters arrived and my order was wrong. I brought this to the attention of the waiter and he offered to bring the dish I had originally asked for. Unfortunately this would have meant me not eating at the same time as my friends, so I said I'd eat the dish they had brought me.
My girlfriend and I ordered tapas for main, and my two friends ordered off the A La Carte Menu.
My girlfriend and I found the Tapas quite bland and were disappointed. Fortunately, during the main course, the waiter brought me the starter that I had originally asked for, which made up for the bland tapas. They did not charge me for the dish they had mistakenly brought me. Despite our bland tapas, my friends enjoyed their meals from the A La Carte menu.
During the meal, we shared a bottle of the house white which we found to be rather nice.
We declined dessert and asked for the bill, but it was about another half an hour before the bill was brought. Not sure why it took so long as by this time the restaurant was practically empty.

I wouldn't say I'd never eat in this restaurant again, but I'm in no real rush to return.

1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I know I write about Antonio's a lot, but we go there a lot, and we go there a lot because we love the place. The other night we really hit the jackpot. We had starter and a main course both of fresh fish, perfectly seasoned and cooked in a little sauce made with the juices and some vegetables. It was one of the best meals we have ever had, and we've been trying for a very long time. Such a contrast with the cooking they are doing on "masterchef" and, dare I say it, very much cheaper. The service matched the food. We will remember this one for a long time.
PS They have now finished the outside building repairs and you don't have to walk under the scaffolding any more.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our first visit, but why did we not know about it before? We will certainly go again!.. Excellent meal, atmosphere and service. Fish very good and worth it on its own, but all the dishes look good and plenty of choice.