“Excellent Food”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very attentive and friendly staff. Had the three course set menu and was not disappointed. The entree of black pudding with chorizo was very tasty with the right blend of spices, as was the Spanish style mackerel. We would attend again should we ever return to the area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Lived in fareham for 15 years but never been here until yesterday, don't know why! (Well that's a lie, I haven't been because from the front it doesn't exactly look inviting, especially when people stand outside smoking)
Anyways my boyfriend and I visited on Saturday night as we really fancied tapas that wasn't from a chain restaurant. We were not disappointed by choosing Antonios. Everything was great. We chose patatas bravas, calamares fritos, pork in sauce, meatballs, spinach croquettes and white bait. I'd say 6 dishes was adequate for 2 people to share, and fit in desert if you fancy it! We did and went for the chocolate tart and lemon tart. Couldn't fault anything. Friendly staff, buzzing atmosphere and tasty food, the most authentic tasting tapas we've had outside of Spain. We will be visiting again :)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Antonio and his staff give you a warm welcome from the moment you walk through the door. There is a lovely intimate feel to the restaurant and the food is reasonably priced with set menus and tapas selection. If you like fish you will love the daily specials with the a variety of freshly caught fish and shellfish on the menu everyday that are cooked simply, very tasty. The wine is not over priced and portions are generous. This is a gem of a restaurant and I can thoroughly recommend it which is why we regularly go there not just for special occasions.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Makes the eating experience that bit more authentic in this tapas bar/restaurant.
Food was very good,cooked well and presented. Worth the money and would definitely return for seconds

Reviewed 11 May 2014

After reading the good reviews about this restaurant I was looking forward to eating there. However, I was left feeling a bit disappointed.

We had booked for a Saturday night and arrived at the restaurant on time and were seated. We were offered water which was promptly brought together with menus
However, it was another half an hour before anyone returned to take our order, at which point we also asked if we could order some drinks. I can only guess that we had been forgotten. By this time it was gone 9pm.
The starters arrived and my order was wrong. I brought this to the attention of the waiter and he offered to bring the dish I had originally asked for. Unfortunately this would have meant me not eating at the same time as my friends, so I said I'd eat the dish they had brought me.
My girlfriend and I ordered tapas for main, and my two friends ordered off the A La Carte Menu.
My girlfriend and I found the Tapas quite bland and were disappointed. Fortunately, during the main course, the waiter brought me the starter that I had originally asked for, which made up for the bland tapas. They did not charge me for the dish they had mistakenly brought me. Despite our bland tapas, my friends enjoyed their meals from the A La Carte menu.
During the meal, we shared a bottle of the house white which we found to be rather nice.
We declined dessert and asked for the bill, but it was about another half an hour before the bill was brought. Not sure why it took so long as by this time the restaurant was practically empty.

I wouldn't say I'd never eat in this restaurant again, but I'm in no real rush to return.

1  Thank Russell S