“New hotel servicing the Farnborough Business Park Area”
Review of Aviator Hotel

Aviator Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
London, United Kingdom
“New hotel servicing the Farnborough Business Park Area”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this new facility adjacent to Farnborough airport. It's a great location if you are in the area on business or attending the air show. The rooms are large and well appointed. Slight disappointment that my room did not have a bath tub - but the wet room was ample. Decor is smart and fresh and bed was huge - probably had the best night's sleep for a while. Sound proofing against aircraft traffic is adequate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank spmmik53
Dear Spmmik53,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator.
Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Polish first
Ceredigion, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I live just four miles form this lovely modern hotel and use it often just to come for a beer and soak up the ambiance of the Sky bar! ( Its not always open so ring first just to avoid disappointment!) There is another bar in the restaurant area but the sky bar is much better because of is sumptuous comfortable seating!

I love this hotel it so much that once in a while my wife and I will stay the night just to over indulge in all its luxury! This we did last weekend and enjoyed the the 'Greed Package' that included staying in one of the sky suites that are all absolutely stunning. We had the most wonderful six course meal and fine wine to go with each course!
Our weekend was such a fabulous experience as we were treated like VIPs by the staff from check in to check out! There wasn't a thing that I could possibly fault with any of the staff or the hotel.
We must say a huge thank you to Joss who was our waiter for dinner on Saturday evening. He made the whole dining experience a night to remember. I cant see him staying in the roll of a waiter for too long. I'm sure he will go go far in the hotel industry!

Our stay at the Aviator was amazing! Thank you so much for looking after us so well. Of course we shall do it all again soon!

Room Tip: 415 Air side sky suite.........Stunning!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phil1957
Dear Phil1957,

I would like to thank you for your comments and forwarded your feedback to Joss. I'm always very please to read any positive feedback with regards any Team members.
I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet in person.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My boyfriend took me here for a belated valentines weekend. We booked on a package weekend as it worked our much cheaper and got us 2 nights for the price of one.
Everything was fine on our first night, we had a couple of drinks in the bar & the staff were very good. There was a wedding on the next day so the bar was very busy.
Our second night we were booked to eat in the Brasserie. As we were on a package weekend we had a set menu but asked the waitress who greeted us if we could pay the difference for the full menu, she assured us there was only one dish missing on our menu so we took the menu and sat down. After ordering our meals we became aware that everyone around us was given a much larger menu but we let this go as we had ordered. We then waited 15 minutes for our drinks to arrive and when my starter arrived it was cold and I had to send it back. We then ordered a second drink and after 15 minutes it still had not arrived, when we queried with the waitress where our drinks were she informed us she had forgotten. Although she apologised this meal ruined the weekend.
We felt as if the staff were too young and could not handle a wedding and a busy Saturday night. We also felt we were treated differently because we were on a package deal, even though we wanted to pay more for the whole menu.
When we complained the next day as we checked out the manger was not available. When she did eventually arrive she dealt with other guests that we're checking out rather then dealing with our complaint. We were instead given a card to email our complaint.
We were considering this hotel as a wedding venue, not only would I never get married here. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank laurajade112
Dear Laurajade112,

Thank you for your review. We recognise that service has been challenging over the past few months however I can assure you that we've spend a lot of time training our employees and this will be on going. We understand that we won't be able to change service overnight but we are definitely working hard to improve our Food and Beverage outlets.

Please contact me directly if you do consider to visit us again.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First time actually staying in the hotel, from the moment you walk in the door you are treated like a person entering a luxury experience, and it makes you feel really good. The staff are friendly and see to you right away. the room was AMAZING, big well laid out and clean.
We went for a meal in the brasserie, Sadly the experience here did not quite reflect the high price, Whilst I cannot fault the food, being served by a total of about 5 different members of staff throughout the evening, each one seemingly forgetting what they were meant to be doing as soon as they asked us they would disappear and take a stupidly long amount of time to return.
After this we went to the Sky Bar where the staff really did seem more interested in chatting than serving, my partner came back to the table after 15 minutes after telling me no one was paying attention, this resulted in me complaining to reception, we did finally get a drink but then retired to the room.
I would recommend the hotel if you want a bit of luxury for the night but if its a romantic personal experience then save your money, there are plenty of other places just as nice and for half the price!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Shorty

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. We are currently focusing on all our Food and Beverage outlets to ensure all our guests experience true hospitality moving forward. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.

Kindest Regards

Ash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We booked a meal for my husbands birthday, which happens to coincide with valentines day! Fabulous meal with some nice extras - glass of champagne and truffles. Great service and we had a table in a romantic corner

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zephron
Dear Zephron,

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your Valentines experience at Aviator and do hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Southend on Sea,Essex,UK
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Attended the restaurant for friends birthday..ordered lamb roast,was given beef & when queried,the server advised it was lamb..15 mins later correct dinner was served...ordered another bottle of wine which took 2 more attempts of ordering with different members of staff..outcome..bottle arrived as we'd finished the meal!! Food was tasteful but service appalling!! Nobody around to take control once shift change @ 3..can't comment on rooms as would not stay there..very business like ambience & little atmosphere

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Nelly1966
Dear Nelly1966,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and apologies for my delayed response. Over the past few months we've spend a lot of time training our employees to ensure that the service they provide to our guests is always of the highest standards.

I apologise for the poor experience you've faced during your visit to our Brasserie and we would like to welcome you back so that we can demonstrate our improvements.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you would like to visit us in the near future.

Saumur, France
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Attended a conference here. I was impressed by the slick booking in process, outstanding coffee and cookies and free newspapers when we arrived. The conference room was well equipped, the gummi aeroplanes were a nice touch at each place, and the whole atmosphere was one of understated opulence. We lunched in the brasserie restaurant on delicious chicken or prawn kebabs with various salads. All beautifully presented and with very good service. Sadly my company can't afford the room rate so I am unable to comment on the rooms, but if they are anything like the rest of the place I am sure they will not disappoint!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Walnutcrumble,

I would like to thank you for your comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator.

Albert van der Westthuizen
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Aviator Hotel? Share your experiences!