“Brasserie at Aviator Hotel Farnborough”
Review of Aviator Hotel

Aviator Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Brasserie at Aviator Hotel Farnborough”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

After a long time, decided to have a drink and a meal at The Brasserie in the Hotel. What a great evening it turned out to be. All the staff were attentive, and so pleasant. We were welcomed with a great selection of cocktails in the bar, all of which came with a smile and a "chat".
The restaurant wasn't too busy, so service was excellent, as was the choice of food and wine. Overall the meal was as good as we expected, and we thoroughly enjoyed the quality items on the menu, and all cooked to perfection. The meal was accompanied by the excellent wines. Finally, we had coffee and drinks in the Bar after the meal which, was a superb end to a great evening. This is one place that we will visit again, so thanks to all the staff for making this such an enjoyable evening.

Room Tip: Only visited the Brasserie, so cannot comment on the rooms. The bar is a fantastic place to start yo...
1 Thank metmancern
Dear Metmancem,

Thank you for your positive feedback and I'm glad to read that you've enjoyed your Aviator experience with us.
We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future and please feel free to contact myself directly.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Polish first
Surrey England
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Went for cocktails in Skybar. It was appalling. Hard to spend any money because the service was such rubbish. It wasn't busy even though it was a Friday night.

Such a shame as the place is lovely but will go and spend our money more successfully elsewhere in future

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CassieSurreyEngland
Dear Surrey,
I would like to thank you for your feedback and also apologies for my delayed response.
I'm the new Hotel Manager here at Aviator and take the quality of our guest experiences very seriously. We are currently putting a lot of focus into our Food and Beverage outlets and have noted your comments but I do hope you will give us another chance in the near future. I can guarantee improvements are in process and I'm looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The highlight of this hotel is the view if you are facing the runway. The room is also lovely and spacious. However, the staff and service are such a disappointment. Rude, unfriendly and expectant of a tip. Attended a function at the hotel during the evening at which the wine was vinegar and food was late, cold and over cooked. I overlooked this as took into account that the kitchen would have been very busy that night and Ordered breakfast in bed - total let down - no toast, bakery basket was not fresh, no milk with coffee and breakfast was swimming in water etc etc. and to top it off despite adding service I was called during breakfast and asked to come down to reception to pay for the breakfast as no credit had been added to the room. She graciously agreed that she would allow me to finish my breakfast first!

This hotel may have the best view of the runway, however, I doubt any of the jet owners would put up with the service standards.

Room Tip: Ask for a runway view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Hmjgordon,

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and in response to this we've invested training and development with our employees which is ongoing.

We appreciate that service might not be of the standards of my expectations however this is something that I am working on to improve and we hope to have turned over a new leave in the coming months.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you like to visit Aviator again.

London UK
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Had a recent stay at The Aviator booked through an online travel site. Upon arrival our reservation was not on their system but the receptionist resolved the situation swiftly.
Having stayed before we knew what to expect at the hotel; the rooms are large and spacious and comfortably furnished. Free wifi was appreciated and offered a good service.

Hot drink making facilities, biscuits and top notch bathroom toiletries were all welcome and showed the hotel doesn’t skimp on quality. Even better are the free movies on the flat screen TV- we stayed in bed for hours watching different movies. It’s a great idea and perfect for a lazy weekend break.

Breakfast the next morning was excellent. Great cheese (creamy brie) and fresh baked rolls, mini smoked salmon bagels with cream cheese and fabulous fruit and yoghurts. Superb pain au chocolat and croissants as well. They also offered a hot buffet which my partner enjoyed with the usual full English items and plentiful hot drinks and juices. It really was a first class breakfast.

On the Saturday afternoon we enjoyed afternoon tea in the Sky Lounge which was phenomenal. The quality of the sweets surpassed many served in 5 star hotels in London and we have already booked to go back and have tea again. Its highly recommended if you stay. Plus we had a really lovely server who was over from the Netherlands and working in the hotel for 6 months and he made our tea- chatty friendly and very efficient- he was a real treasure.

1 Thank Gslade
Dear Gslade,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Afternoon Tea experience with us at Aviator. We recognise that we still have some work to do but have made some significant improvements where Afternoon Tea is concerned.
Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay here. Nice room designs. Good service. SkyBar is awesome. The hotel location and architecture live up to the name. The premium for airside rooms isn't worth it since there isn't normally not much activity to look at. Good Nepali food in walking distance.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Sunil-DC

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.

Kindest Regards

Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were tempted by the two night with dinner package, which represents excellent value in a stunning hotel. We arrive in the early evening and the atrium entrance has real wow factor. Check in was painless and our bags were in our room waiting for us. I customarily ask for a bucket of ice to be sent to the room, and the Aviator response to this was the quickest ever, with the ice arriving in under a minute! (The worst FYI was The Laneborough - £600 a night and the ice asked for at check in took nearly an hour...)

We love the style of the decor, lizard/croc skin, chrome and oak, with great contemporary furnishings throughout, the Aviator has a real boutique feel. In the room, all the usual boxes were ticked, with a few exceptions. There was no fridge, not enough flannels, no HD on the TV (you really notice it if it's what you are used to) and the mattress was surprisingly cheap, given the excellent quality of the linen. Nice bathroom with a truly epic shower, as I good as I've had anywhere. Now this may have been because being on the top floor, our ceilings are higher - brilliant for a rain shower. Free wireless broadband was really quick. All hotels should be doing this now.

We liked the layout of the hotel. The comp dinner had an understanbly limited menu, but two beef mains and no chicken? Odd. That said, our dinner was really very good. Comp breakfasts were even better. In fact I'm struggling to remember a better quality breakfast given the price/package on offer. Outstanding.

Downside: We ordered a bucket of ice and glasses which never appeared, and that afternoon - a saturday - room service was for a while permanently engaged. Manager at least rang to apologise. We understood there had been a few problems with young staff - common in all hotels at this level, in our experience. Other than that, service was friendly, attentive and unobtrusive.

The only real problem with the Aviator, and all it has to offer, is the lack of a pool or even a decent spa, sauna, steam etc. There is a gym and treatment facility of sorts, but this sort of hotel, especially one by TAG, really should offer this as does, say, that other airport/aviation themed 4-star hotel, the Verta. If they had such a facility, we would visit a lot more.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have the view, but if it's raining, the water noise from the guttering can keep...
1 Thank JonBG48
Dear Meursault48

We glad that you enjoyed your overall stayed with Aviator. As to your comment with regards to a Spa and pool we've often wondered ourselves why it wasn't designed into the hotel back in 2008 when it opened. We are constantly receiving feedback from our guests who say they would also like a Spa and other leisure facilities.

We are aware of this and please continue to watch the space.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I recently stayed
At this hotel for 1 night
Due to it being nearby to a conference I had to attend. The view over the airfield was fantastic and caught my eye the minute I turned up. As I arrived late It was too late
To make any reservations in the what seemed fine dinning restaurant. I decided to order room service the food was average and there was a problem with my order meaning I was given extremely fat chips even though the menu stated "skinny fries"
, Although the girl that bought it up was very sweet! and went out of her way to quickly sort this for me Hayley I think her name was. As I imagine it was probably irritating having to run up and down each floor but she was more than happy to do so. My room was very clean and had a fantastic View of the airfield which I was very pleased about. the appearance of the overall hotel is modern and very unique and all within an excellent location!! Food the following morning for Breakfast was much better and had a great variety, it was open early making it convenient as other places iv stayed this has not been the case.Although my stay was short and sweet I would recommend it! The staff were all pleasant and the hotel was spotless!
Hopefully will stay again soon

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Yhhhjjj
Dear Yhhhjjj,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great weekend.

Kindest Regards

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley
Pennyhill Park, an Exclusive Hotel & Spa

Been to Aviator Hotel? Share your experiences!