Aviator
Falcon Hotel(Farnborough)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
2,152 results
All reviewssky barafternoon teafree moviescocktail barsconeswalk in wardrobewelcome cocktailtasting menubrasserie restaurantsky suitessecret escapesturn down servicehappy anniversaryaviation themeupgraded to a suitestunning hotelren toiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed one night at this beautiful hotel. There is attention to detail in every area from the building, the rooms and the staff. Check in was smooth and able to have a room that looked over to the airfield. We were given a welcome cocktail and checked our booking for the brasserie. All very curteous and professional.

We were very pleased with our room that was very clean. We had no bath but had a large wet room shower, lovely quality toiletries. A good bonus were the range of free movies etc available on the TV.

The Skybar was very swish and service prompt to have a pre-dinner cocktail. The atmosphere was very relaxed.

We were pleased with the quality of the food and service in the Brasserie. Admittedly we had to wait a while to be given our menus once we were seated. However staff were apologetic and was the result of two largish parties arriving around the same time. The food was cooked suberbly and presented very well, particularly the puddings as they were little pieces of art! Liked the fact that staff were professional but not stuffy. Breakfast was also to a very high standard and lots of options available.

Farnborough itself does not have much to offer so would suggest making full use of the hotel.
Really enjoyed our break at this hotel and will return. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Definately ask for an air side room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Greymalkin_10

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future and I will be happy to welcome you in person.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had lunch in the brasserie following our wedding. A good choice on the set brasserie menu at a reasonable price. The food and service were excellent.

We had booked a studio room for the night, which was spacious and well designed with a large bathroom. The continental breakfast was good, however the cooked food, although in warmers, was cold, as were the plates. This is not an inexpensive hotel and we would therefore expect breakfast to be cooked to order and be hot.

Dear CascadeG

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

A very comfortable, modern hotel, well-placed for business in Farnborough. The room I stayed in was spacious, bright and very well appointed. Perfect for a business trip. What slightly let the place down during my stay was patchy service. The font-desk staff were excellent and check-in/check out speedy and friendly. Staff in the informal, bistro restaurant were friendly, but pretty inefficient on the night I stayed (I had to ask for service at each step, and staff were happily chatting to each other behind the bar rather than seeing if customers wanted anything.) And room service breakfast the next day came late, and again needed a phone call to chase it up. But, overall, still a good choice for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eborlondon
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Eborlondon,

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and in response to this we've invested training and development with our employees which is ongoing.

We appreciate that service might not be of the standards of my expectations however this is something that I am working on to improve and we hope to have turned over a new chapter in the coming months.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you like to visit Aviator again.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The staff were very good and helpful. We informed Ben in the restaurant it was our Wedding anniversary and when we had finished out dinner we were presented with a plate with sweets, and written on the plate, was happy anniversary in icing, this made our evening. I forget my phone when leaving for home, but the Hotel got it back to me. So thank you all at the Aviator. Hope to go again.

Room Tip: All rooms are insulated so you can not hear planes or traffic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julianewson
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Julianewson,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great Easter weekend.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We have just returned from a weekend at the Aviator. Superb service from the minute we stepped through the door with complimentary cocktails (yum) to the chocolates in the room to the amazing staff in the Skylounge . Dinner was fantastic (highly recommend the lamb and the scallops). Will definitley visit again.

Room Tip: Airside for the views

Dear Tracyi2297,