Aviator
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$158
US$153
Hotels.com
Falcon Hotel(Farnborough)
US$138
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$88
HolidayInn.com
Travelodge Farnborough Central(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$137
Travelodge Frimley(Frimley Green)
PremierInn.com
2,154 results
All reviewssky barafternoon teafree moviescocktail barsconeswalk in wardrobewelcome cocktailtasting menubrasserie restaurantsky suitessecret escapesturn down servicehappy anniversaryaviation themeupgraded to a suitestunning hotelren toiletries
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Aviator for 2 nights and I was impressed from start to finish. The staff are extremely attentive and we were treated like individuals, they were on hand to assist every time we turned around. At one point we had to wait in the Brasserie for approx 1 minute to be seated (not an issue for us) but the staff were so apologetic insisting on getting us a table outside (it was warm)! for while they got our table sorted out, bringing us drinks and showing that genuine good customer service does still exist. We had an airside Sky Suite which was wonderful, lots of little touches that just made the weekend very memorable indeed. The BEST place I have ever stayed and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Tracey B,

I would like to thank you in person for your review and hope we get to welcome you back in the near future.

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

A review from somebody who works in the travel industry.

Just returned from a two night stay at the Aviator. We chose the two for one package which included two nights bed and breakfast and a meal in the brassiere on the first nigtht.

On arrival at the hotel we were immediately met by concierge who advised us that reception was located on the first floor. Check in was smooth and extremely easy. Our room unfortunately was not ready when we arrived but we checked in as usual and was asked to enjoy the hotel facilites whilst the room was being prepared. We went into the skybar for a few cocktails with some friends that we met and enjoyed the afternoon. The skybar is brilliant. Cocktails expertly made and not to badly priced in my opinion. Whilst enjoying our cocktails in the bar we were presented with our room key and advised that our luggage had been taken to the room.

After a few cocktails we decided to go and check the room out. We had gone for an airside sky suite which are located on the 4th floor of the hotel. Our immediate reaction to the room was fantastic and we were not disappointed during our stay either. The room is huge with a lounge area with a corner sofa, TV with Bose surround sound with a huge amount of films to watch. The walk in wardrobe is a great added bonus especially as we were attending a wedding, it was great to have the extra space to store suits and dresses. The bed in the room is huge and extremely comfortable. The bathroom within the room is probably one of the biggest I have experienced whilst staying within the UK. A huge bath, walk in shower with a rain dance shower head.

Dinner on the first night was brilliant. A set menu included with the package. A choice of 4 starters, mains and desserts. All very well made and we were impressed with the service received in the restaurant. Food delivered in a quick time and all at a good temperature. We have been fortunate enough to dine at some top restaurants in London and would say that the meal at the brassier is on par with these. Breakfast also a very good experience. Plenty of choice wether it be continental or cooked and all very good quality.

To sum up our experience. Our weekend was extremely good and would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear William M

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally or I can treat you to cocktail from our new list.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

After a what can only be described as dreadful Afternoon Tea visit before Christmas last year, we we're encourage to return and give them another try, so we did. We booked in to sample new look afternoon tea in the sky bar.

We were greeted and sat down, we started with some bubbly, which was really nice, we then picked our teas and so it begin.

The food was presented really well, and served with a good description of each item. Throughout the experience service was polite and friendly. The food quality was really good far better then our previous visit and the service has come on leaps and bounds.

Our overall experience was so much better then previous, working in the industry for a number of years myself I looked at it from a different side to my friend who I was with, but on this visit, nothing to forgive, truly we can't fault them on this visit. Everyone around us seemed to be enjoying it just as much as we were.

Truly well done too the team, you really have good a great job and we had already decided to return for dinner in a few weeks for a milestone birthday celebration. Well done, would now happily recommend to anyone.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear James W

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had the privilege of staying at this beautiful hotel to attend a wedding. We stayed two nights, including breakfast. Our room, which faced away from the airport, was immaculate, large and spacious with everything you needed (though there was no bath, if you prefer a bath). As we arrived a little later, we ordered room service. The food was beautifully presented, and of high quality. There is complimentary wifi in the hotel (which is just as well, as we had poor mobile signal).

The finishes in the hotel are perfect, without a blemish in sight. The little touches are notable, and generate a sense of elegance. The staff are attentive, and aided us with what we needed for the wedding. The Sky Lounge venue is beautiful, on the fourth floor overlooking the airport.

Our breakfast each morning was lovely with a wide selection of choice (including different styles of egg available). The cooker breakfast was clean and free of too much grease, with hot plates available. There is a more continental side as well, including pastries, fruits, hams, cereals and many other bits.

Though the room price is expensive, for the treat you don't often give yourself, or that special occasion, it is definitely worth considering. We will stay again!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MBS1973,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us at Aviator.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have visited the Aviator several times where we dined in the Brasserie. After trying the Brasserie a few times and loving it, we decided to try the new One Eleven restaurant. We were welcomed with smiles all round even though the small restaurant was very busy. As it was busy, we decided to go to sky bar for a while where we had some excellent cocktails (even though we had to wait a while for them) we later went back to one eleven which had quietened dawn a bit. We were greeted by a male and female waiters who appeared to be very happy being at work. (One eleven staff have different uniform to brasserie which I think gives a great casual look for this hotel) They welcomed us and allowed us to chooses where we wanted to sit which was nice as you have the option of normal tables, sitting at the bar or there are some high tables. After a few moments the girl waitress was over taking our drink order while we looked at the menu and quickly returned with our drinks. The menu is excellent! A large range of food with further options! However there was no vegan options. Once we were able to place our order ( the lady was busy answering room service, I think I heard her say her name was Tamera?) once she had finished, she came to take our order where she apologised for the wait and I informed her that I am vegan with several allergies to which she was more than happy to go see what the chefs could do for me. She returned with several dish options for me which weren't on the menu! The chefs made me a special vegan noodle stir fry which has to be one of the best I've had. Had a good laugh and chat with the waitress while waiting for deserts which were lovely!

We haven't actually stayed over night at the Hotel but we love going for dinner there! Both the Brasserie and One Eleven are lovely places to eat however I heard that One Eleven does get crazy on football nights. And the Skybar has a very nice, relaxing atmosphere to enjoy cocktails in.

The only downfall is that it would appear the room service phone is in one eleven which we noticed sometimes puts a strain on the staff. It's also not very nice hearing the phone every couple of minuets. But other than that, We thoroughly enjoyed our night at the Aviator and would like to thank Sky bar, Tamera and the Chefs for catering for my needs in a very happy and friendly manner. We would recommend this hotel to any of our friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Annie M,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your One Eleven experience with us at Aviator. We recognise that we still have some work to do but have made some significant improvements where One Eleven is concerned and all I can say is .. watch out for the new and improve One Eleven in the near future.