Aviator
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$120
HolidayInn.com
Falcon Hotel(Farnborough)
US$92
  • Breakfast included
US$85
Travelodge Farnborough Central(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelodge
Travelodge Frimley(Frimley Green)
Travelocity
2,182 results
All reviewssky barafternoon teafree moviescocktail barsconeswalk in wardrobewelcome cocktailtasting menubrasserie restaurantsky suitessecret escapesturn down servicehappy anniversaryaviation themeupgraded to a suitestunning hotelren toiletries
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at The Aviator on a number of occasions. My most recent experience was fantastic. The Aviator is a luxurious venue with superior service, very high quality rooms and suites overlooking TAG’s private runway. The entire experience from check-in to check-out is first class.

The Sky Bar mixes some of the best cocktails you’ll ever drink, served in relaxed, plush lounge deluxe bar areas with a really great atmosphere. Their restaurant offers a wide selection of delicious food, there is also an extensive wine list. The hotel is in easy reach of London (less than an hour) by train and is also very easy to drive to. It is also adjacent to the airport so there is the option to fly by private Jet or helicopter if you are travelling in from international locations.

The hotel has a number of function rooms/areas so it’s a perfect option for business or personal events including weddings/birthdays, or as a romantic weekend break option (They have as number of special packages available, which include various extras – the Greed package is my favourite and includes a tasting menu with pairing wines, champagne in your room on arrival, champagne breakfast in bed, and free movies in your suite or luxury room etc.)

All in all, a hotel I will definitely be returning to on a more regular basis.

Room Tip: The Sky Suite (Airside) is the best option but their standard rooms and studio's are also very luxurious
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David N,

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate our stylish interiors.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

While visiting family in the local area, my wife and I decided to go to the Aviator for dinner. when we arrived we were told the Brassiere was fully booked and was recommended the One Eleven which appeared to be busier than the Brasserie. The young lady noticed us as soon as we walked in and acknowledged us although she was serving another table. They quickly cleared and set a table for us and asked for our drinks order which they offered to go to sky bar to collect cocktails. we were told there may be a wait on the cocktails so we ordered with a new member of staff while the other waitress dealt with the many other tables and soon returned with our drinks. after our amazing meal where you basically choose everything you want (make your own pizza) the restaurant had quietened down so we had a chat with the two girls only to find out that it was one of their first days so she was being trained by the other waitress...on one of their busiest days! even so, the staff were excellent and dealt with everything in a perfect way. Tamara - Keep doing what your doing... its great! Grace - good luck with your future at the Aviator! I'm sure you'll be fine with Tamara to guide you.
Dined Tuesday 24th June

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear David M,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have stayed at The Aviator twice now and eaten there 3 times and up until last night have never been disappointed. Because of this, I decided to book my special birthday dinner there and to treat 5 of my friends.

Service on arrival and in the Sky Bar was good. However, I was SO disappointed with the food in The Brasserie. Service was ok, if a little slow. The first bottle of wine had to be sent back as it had not been sufficiently chilled. If that has been the only complaint then I would not be writing this.

The starters arrived on warm plates with barely warm food. The mains arrived on luke warm plates and the food was quite frankly cold. The vegetables arrived in small metal dishes and the food was stone cold. It is not pleasant attempting to eat cold mash potatoes/broccoli/beans with cold butter. Most of this was returned untouched. I had guests with me and was so embarrassed about this that I went and spoke quietly to the head waiter. He apologised and said he would mention it to chef. That was that! No feedback before I left, no reduced bill, nobody coming to speak to me, nothing, absolutely nothing. This was a very special occasion for me and was quite frankly, ruined.

I had always rated The Aviator as a good place to go but after last night's experience I shall think twice, if at all about going back. Please get your act together soon.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lesley B

Dear Lesley B,

Thanks for your feedback. I will be sure to look into this with my Food and Beverage Manager who is working closely with his Team to get them through the new transitional period that we are going through at this time.

I very much hope you will give us this opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel and looking forward welcoming you in the near future.

I wish you a sunny weekend.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Myself and a friend went to this hotel for a birthday treat after being highly recommended for the sky cocktail bar. The service when we arrived was great and we were seated and drinks bought over straight away, the cocktails were lovely and staff really polite and attentive. Unfortunately when we went down to the restaurant I was disappointed. It took 20 mins for our wine to arrive and we had to ask twice. Our food was not what it was cold so not enjoyable, the dish I had chosen was chicken with a garlic butter but no garlic butter came til 10 mins later. We ordered a side of onion rings and the batter was raw and my friends steak was also cold. We asked about what kind of cheeses were on the cheese board and were just told umm cheddar I think. The setting and hotel was beautiful but I can't help but be left disappointed, this was a real treat and overpriced for the experience we received and not up to my expectations!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Charlie 170689,

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and apologies for my delayed response. Over the past few months we've spend a lot of time training our employees to ensure that the service they provide to our guests is always of the highest standards.

I apologise for the poor experience you've faced during your previous visits however I'm very excited to the new and improve journey ahead.

Looking forward seeing you back soon.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Aviator was a lovely facility. The room was comfortable, the architecture was interesting, and the service was top-notch. The breakfast buffet was extensive and tasty. However, the hallways are very dark and the motion sensing lights sometimes don't switch on promptly. And the rooms have very low wattage bulbs so the room never feels very bright. I'm sure it's both a design choice and an environmental consideration to keep the light so low, but come on--I'd like to be able to read the room numbers on the doors.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ThomasAquinas
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear ThomasAquinas,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance to Aviator. I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.