“classy hotel”

Aviator Hotel Hampshire
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 14 July 2014

was awhile ago i stayed here food was slightly slow and our waiter was quite confused about what his job role was but the food was nice.The rooms were very stylish and the wifi is great, the breakfast offering was plentiful but the cooked food of a morning is not great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear NicolaKEDWARDS,

Thank you for your review. We recognise that service has been challenging over the past few months however I can assure you that we've spend a lot of time training our employees and this will be on going. We understand that we won't be able to change service overnight but we are definitely working hard to improve our Food and Beverage outlets.

Have a good weekend.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

It was a while ago we came here now, but as soon as we had entered the hotel it felt special. Really sleek and modern, helpful receptionist, and fabulous room! We chilled out with a bottle of champagne which I think was already there when we got there, watched a film, and ate in the yummy restaurant. Loved the location, thought it was really unique.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sophie-Norris

Dear Sophie-Norris

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate our stylish interiors.
Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been the bar at the Aviator a number of time and whilst there is no doubt it is a classy looking hotel the bar prices are very steep.

I stayed the night the other week for a wedding and found the room to be very comfortable but only one towel for two people was poor, no kettle in room, no mini bar... so bit lacking for a four start hotel in that respect. Room service had run out of pretty much everything when ordering on Saturday night!

The hotel staff are however very good and all very helpful. The provided good service during the wedding reception and even catered for a last minute dietary requirement. However, the food was not as good as it should have been with several guests reporting finding bits of plastic in a potato gratin - very poor.

Breakfast service was a little slow and the cooked breakfast was all cold and should have been much much better.

Room Tip: if its during the airshow you want to be on the west side to be able to see all the action. otherwis...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear g4224wil,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and also apologies for my delayed response.
I'm the new Hotel Manager here at Aviator and take the quality of our guest experiences very seriously. I've looked into your comments and addressed the issues that you've noted and hope a return visit to Aviator sometime in the near future will restore your faith in us.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Have stayed in the Aviator several times for business. Very good sized rooms and an excellent free WI Fi service. Good restaurant. Breakfast is very average - slow to replenish, no black or white pudding, waited 10 minutes for a fried egg after ordering and gave up. Nice bar but prices are outrageous - £9 for a Jameson!! Very pleasant and polite reception and front line staff. Rate reasonable.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the airfield.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Andrew M

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your feedback with regards our breakfast offering. This is one of the areas we've been focussing on since my arrival at Aviator and are glad to say we are going live with a brand new breakfast presentation and service by the middle of August. It would be great to welcome you back in the near future to come and experience the new breakfast.

As for the pricing of our food I would say that we are in line with other similar establishments.

I do hope you have an enjoyable weekend and we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here with family and friends night before my wedding at another venue nearby. 50 guests and the booking was managed to efficiently. We also had a meal in their beautiful restaurant. Great food and drinks. Great service.

Rooms were brilliant. Small, but brilliant.

The sky bar was excellent as well with a great ambience.

I can not fault this hotel with a terrific stay and making our entire booking so pain free.

All the family/guests said that they loved the venue and could not fault it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Sandeep B,

Thank you for taking the time and effort advising me of your positive experience at Aviator.
Here at Aviator we strive to deliver 100% guest satisfaction and should you choose to revisit our hotel feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at The Aviator on a number of occasions. My most recent experience was fantastic. The Aviator is a luxurious venue with superior service, very high quality rooms and suites overlooking TAG’s private runway. The entire experience from check-in to check-out is first class.

The Sky Bar mixes some of the best cocktails you’ll ever drink, served in relaxed, plush lounge deluxe bar areas with a really great atmosphere. Their restaurant offers a wide selection of delicious food, there is also an extensive wine list. The hotel is in easy reach of London (less than an hour) by train and is also very easy to drive to. It is also adjacent to the airport so there is the option to fly by private Jet or helicopter if you are travelling in from international locations.

The hotel has a number of function rooms/areas so it’s a perfect option for business or personal events including weddings/birthdays, or as a romantic weekend break option (They have as number of special packages available, which include various extras – the Greed package is my favourite and includes a tasting menu with pairing wines, champagne in your room on arrival, champagne breakfast in bed, and free movies in your suite or luxury room etc.)

All in all, a hotel I will definitely be returning to on a more regular basis.

Room Tip: The Sky Suite (Airside) is the best option but their standard rooms and studio's are also very l...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear David N,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

While visiting family in the local area, my wife and I decided to go to the Aviator for dinner. when we arrived we were told the Brassiere was fully booked and was recommended the One Eleven which appeared to be busier than the Brasserie. The young lady noticed us as soon as we walked in and acknowledged us although she was serving another table. They quickly cleared and set a table for us and asked for our drinks order which they offered to go to sky bar to collect cocktails. we were told there may be a wait on the cocktails so we ordered with a new member of staff while the other waitress dealt with the many other tables and soon returned with our drinks. after our amazing meal where you basically choose everything you want (make your own pizza) the restaurant had quietened down so we had a chat with the two girls only to find out that it was one of their first days so she was being trained by the other waitress...on one of their busiest days! even so, the staff were excellent and dealt with everything in a perfect way. Tamara - Keep doing what your doing... its great! Grace - good luck with your future at the Aviator! I'm sure you'll be fine with Tamara to guide you.
Dined Tuesday 24th June

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear David M,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall experience with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Have a great weekend.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Village Hotel Farnborough
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Oakley Hall Hotel
Oakley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Oakley

Been to Aviator Hotel Hampshire? Share your experiences!