“Our Girlie Lunch”

Aviator Hotel Hampshire
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just feel i need to write this review !

Last Wednesday 7th August 2014 Three of us decided to do a Girlie lunch out ! As it was
a first for myself and one other we were excited to be going to The Aviator !

We booked a table for 1pm arrived a bit early so went to the ladies only to be followed by one
of your staff who raised her voice from a distance ! Where are you ladies going !
We then proceeded into the resturant and were shown to our table .
We were handed the menu and told that someone would be over to take our order ! We waited to be asked for our drink order to be taken ! when we ordered our drinks they never seemed to appear ! We had to remind somebody in the end ! Not a very good start to a lunch we were all excited about !
Anyway it all got sorted and we all had a very lovely lunch !
As it was a lovely day we took our coffee outside , when served they arrived with the bill ? which we had not asked for ? we may have wanted something extra !

We paid the bill and asked if we could go upstairs to see the cocktail bar , We were greeted
by a charming young man called Curtis serving at the bar ! we joked and told him we would have loved him to be downstairs serving us our lunch ! His manner and people skills are a credit to your hotel .

Thanking you ,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
AviatorbyTAG, Public Relations Manager at Aviator Hotel Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear 59Susan

Thank you for your review. Apologies for the delay in replying to you. Please be assured we take all our reviews seriously. We recognise that service has been challenging over the past few months however I can assure you that we have an on going training program in place and are addressing all issues. Please accept my apologies for the female employee addressing you in that manner on arrival. I believe there was a private function on and there was some confusion. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Sky Bar and I will personally pass on your comments to Curtis.

I hope we can welcome you back to Aviator in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We have stayed at the Aviator a few times now and have just got home from spending two nights there. I love the design of the hotel, all the rooms are big and very comfortable and the staff can't do enough to accommodate you. A friend was having her birthday party there and we had a fantastic time, taking over the whole of the 4th floor. The food was excellent and bar staff friendly. Thank you everyone there, we will be back

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Amanda M
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Amanda M

Thank you for you comments and I'm looking forward having you back where perhaps we can meet in person.

Have a great weekend,

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel is stunning when you first arrive and definitely has the wow factor. However we assumed the sky lounge, where afternoon tea is served, would have a good view of the airport landing strip as on the website they advertise a stunning panoramic view if the neighbouring airstrip; this is not the case and you can see very little.
Service was very disappointing and was not at all attentive, we had to ask for more tea, the amount and quality of the food was not reflected in the price we paid and the table was not big enough to accommodate our party.
We shall not be returning for afternoon tea.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Cartwrightcorner

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review and apologies for my delayed response. Over the past few months we've spend a lot of time training our employees to ensure that the service they provide to our guests is always of the highest standards.

I apologise for the poor experience you've faced during your visit to our Sky Bar and hope we get another chance to show you that our service is of top quality.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Have been wanting to stay at this hotel for absolutely ages! It has intrigued me for time! I finally got the chance and I wasnt disappointed. the Main Entrance area was a little confusing as reception is on the first floor - once we had figured this out we were up and running. The rooms were absolutely gorgeous - I was very excited by the light in the wardrobe and the sheer size of the room. The ONLY criticism I have is that there should be a double socket at the side of the mirror to accomodate a hairdryer AND straighteners!!!! I was absolutely amazed at how the shower screen was STREAK FREE! Not a streak in sight!!! The breakfast was top notch with all different kinds of authentic foods - this was not your average breakfast buffet! The cutlery was wrapped in intricately shaped napkins and the teapot actually didnt leak all over the table! I loved the iron and ironing board in the wardrobe and the tea service had tasty hot cholcolate. Things such as a hair bobble in the shower cap make it just that little bit extra special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank biddy24Preston

Dear biddy24Preston

I would like to thank you for your positive comments. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Aviator. We recognise that we still have some work to do but have made some significant improvements already and will look into your constructive comment with regards the double socket for both hairdryer and straightener.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Really nice room. Clean and very modern looking. You could even say that it has a luxurious feel.
At breakfast time the breakfast room was full and we were asked to wait at the lobby and we would be called in. That did the same to other guests. After we waited for 45 minutes we realised that in the mean time, some guests had been going in to have their breakfast (after us) and they were being seated whilst we were still waiting. We complained, we were offered teas and coffees until they would find tables for us. No other compensation, discount or freebie because we were staing only for one night.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yiannis C

Dear Yiannis C

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and in response to this we've invested training and development with our employees which is on-going.

We appreciate that service might not be of the standards of your expectations however this is something that I am working on to improve and we hope to have done so with the new breakfast buffet going live today (20.08.14).

Unfortunately at Aviator we don't promote a culture of offering "freebies" instead we rather turn any challenge around on the day.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you feel you need to discuss the above.

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here (near my in-laws).

While the beds are comfortable and the restaurant generally friendly, at every turn the hotel falls short of "5-star". I realize that technically the star rating system is a list of amenities (ie 24 hour room service) but generally you expect an approach to go that extra mile to make the experience pleasant.

The restaurant staff are generally not knowledgable and have so far often been "new". The wine list is not great. The menu not diverse.

More troubling is that the staff tend to be doing the bare minimum. Breakfast closes 15 mins before the appointed time. Dinner - same. We were jet lagged and slept late. Called to have the room made up, and they had gone home.

I think individually they mean well, but the GM or shot managers must not understand what "service" means.

Did me one staff member who really tried hard, but that is just one guy.

Price for the rooms is good value, just don't come in with high expectations on service.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank ChuckParker
AviatorbyTAG, Manager at Aviator Hotel Hampshire, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear ChuckParker

Thank you for your review. We recognise that service has been challenging over the past few months however I can assure you that we've spend a lot of time training our employees and this will be on going. We understand that we won't be able to change service overnight but we are definitely working hard to improve our Food and Beverage outlets. This also includes refreshing our menus as of the 1st August 2014.

I appreciate on the day you had breakfast we had to close 15 minutes earlier than scheduled however on this day we had to prepare for a large group arrival and we felt 15 minutes was acceptable on our guest’s part whilst also giving us enough time to complete the set up. Apologies if this was not communicated to you clearly on the day.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

What a truly enjoyable stay. A group from my company stayed for the Farnborough air show, so we had lots of time to evaluate and encounter the things that go wrong at hotels. The rooms were fabulous, especially the Sky Suites overlooking the runway. The entire hotel is very stylish and tastfully decorated with clear attention to even the smallest detail, breakfast is very good, and the location adjacent to the exhibition grounds and runway can't be beat for exhibitions, but it would would be a superb location for virtually any kind of gathering or celebration. Beds, pillows, bed and bath linens were all very nice and comfortable.

Most critique would be of very minor things, with one glaring exception: the Brasserie's patio bar. Our group tried it twice on different evenings before dinner, and the service there was so extremely incompetent that we were afraid to even try eating dinner at the Brasserie, though the food looked quite good. It seemed they hired students off the street with no experience in any kind of restaurant or pub service, and three times over the two visits, waiters dropped and broke one or several glasses of drinks on or right at the feet of customers. They couldn't figure out the simplest orders or remember what the drinks were they were bringing us. It got to such an absurd point that we started looking for the hidden cameras for a TV comedy show. Aside from the horrible patio bar experience, everything else at this hotel was absolutely top notch, and we definitely plan to return, but certainly to avoid the patio bar.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the runway are really nice, especially the suites.