I have mixed opinion of my stay. I stayed2 nights for a leisure break. The first impression was great. Great looking modern hotel. Fab room ( dim lighting) massive bed and really comfortable. Reception staff great. Friendly. Knowledgable and welcoming.
The room was more form over function. Could only plug the kettle in under the wall lights steam went into the electrics. The shower screen didn't reach the bath causing water all over the bathroom floor. And the room was massively noisy! I jumped every time someone along the corridor shut their door. They really need to invest In soft closing doors. I also enjoyed listening to the guy next door showering for8 minutes both mornings.the bedroom turned into a water feature with the noise of the running water.
Breakfast was a bunfight.completely chaotic.no room numbers were recorded and because it's relatively cheap lots of locals eat breakfast here. ( or free for locals as they aren't asked for room numbers) had to queue both mornings. Unable to use the toaster that only toasted one side and caused huge queues. Table not set and was handed a mug with knife, fork and spoon in it! Proper self service I guess.
Spa spotlessly clean. Pool fabulous. Unfortunately very un relaxing as the spa police make you get out of the jacquzi every 6 minutes when the bubbles stop. A maximum time is allowed (15 minutes)
The room wasn't cleaned until 3 o'clock which was the only time that we occupied the room. This seemed to upset the domestic when I asked her to give us five minutes to get our stuff together.
Would I stay again? Only if it was really cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Farnborough is located just off the M3 motorway, only 1 mile from Farnborough Airport and Rail Station and just 38 minutes to London Waterloo by train. It is also close to the M25 and M4. Nearby attractions include Windsor Castle, Legoland and Thorpe Park. Village Hotel Farnborough has 123 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Village Hotel Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Village Hotel Farnborough Hampshire