“Ok”

Village Hotel Farnborough
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel has very comfortable rooms. Very clean. Staff are not the most efficient. The main fault with this hotel is that every time I have stayed there has been a large function on down stairs. The smoking area is at the front of the hotel which made me feel like I was trying to sleep above a night club. In fairness I was moved the same evening but moving rooms at midnight is not the greatest thing in the world when all you want to do is sleep.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,653)

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Hotel okay... Nice and clean and staff friendly enough. Bar drinks and food overpriced but probably the same as in most hotels. Men might not mind but for ladies trying to get ready I'm hard pushed to find enough light to see what make up I' m putting on! I like subdued lighting but also like a decent light if I need it!
There are no toiletries in the room or drawers or cupboards... Just a wardrobe so l think the facilities are not good enough for a hotel at these nightly rates.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I stayed here for a business trip on 1 night, sun 24 nov. i arrived late approx 10:50. The staff were polite and pleasant and got me checked in promptly. Room was on the second floor. Double, nicely decorated and looked out over the car park. The TV in room didn't work not sure if it was remote as i coudn't get it turned on at all, contstant flickering light which maybe suggested batteries?? But as i was late and i was staying only for 1 night i didn't mind. Also the bedside light flickered and crackled a bit which was worrying, anyway i turned off with a note to report in the morning which i did. The bathroom and shower were modern but lacked toiletries. As i had travelled via plane and only stayed for 1 night i had not carried many toiletries like shampoo or shower gel as i thought i could get them at the hotel but the soap at sink was in a large bottle attached to wall and was empty. Shower gel was available but as a lady would have liked some conditioner! Breakfast was standard, bacon, poached eggs (mine smelled off) there were no sausages the selection also had mushrooms, tomatoes and beans which i did not take. There was also a fuit salad, selction of small pastries, and cereal available. I may be back for another trip but will know to bring more toiletries and perhaps get down earlier for a better selection of breakfast?

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at the aviator, which is more expensive. Now this place is pretty good, not as plush as next door as it were, but actually pretty good. Restaurant not bad, the gym excellent. For a gym attached to a hotel I'd say really very good. The bar was lively more pub like, which can be nice. The staff were good, but a bit rushed off. I'd recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I have used this hotel a couple of times. It looks nice and it's a pleasant place to be, but and it's a very big but, the staff are rude and not very helpful. As I am disabled it is difficult to get a disabled parking space as it is normally full of able bodied people. The staff do not help, and they are not interested in helping. One staff member said "what do you want me to do about it?" I said "Enforce the disabled bays." she replied "Yeah right like that's going to happen."
The staff were not interested in helping, but were keen to take the money.
I would not recommend this hotel under any circumstances, there are far better locally at a much better price.
Some might like the location near the Airport but it does make it noisy during the airport operating times.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mrtafft
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I checked in quite late at night 10.10pm and asked what time the restaurant was open until. I was informed that it closed at 10pm so asked if I could order room service but was told there was no room service. The restaurant manager was very helpful and apologised and said that they couldnt arrange anything hot but I could have a salad. I wasnt that hungry so that was fine. They delivered it very quickly to my room. Now, my room! I requested ahead of the booking if I could be put in a quiet part of the hotel away from lifts and stairwells, also on the upper deck which have posturepedic beds which are excellent for my back problems and away from any smoking floors if they have them. When I arrived at my room firstly you came out of the lift and my room was the first room as you came through the main doors by the lifts. As it was this wasnt really a problem and it wasnt too noisy. Secondly, when I went into the room it smelt really badly of stale cigarette smoke. I opened the window but the smell wasnt getting any better. I had a shower and sprayed some pillow spray and that helped for a bit but the smell kept coming back!. I rang down to reception to see if I could be moved but was told there were no more rooms available on Upper Deck and I could move to a standard room. So had to choose whether my back or my lungs were more important so I chose to stay! I had a completely sleepless night. I did complain the following morning and the staff were extremely helpful in particular the duty manager and Sarah on reception. They told me that they would give me another room that day which they did. The room was much better and I have to say I had a fantastic nights sleep. The beds on the Upper Deck are amazingly comfortable and very large! You have the benefit on the Upper Deck of having sky movies etc. The rooms are very modern with lovely coffee and tea making facilities. Ive stayed at the Village in Elstree before and the rooms are exactly the same. I have not stayed in standard rooms so can't comment on those. For me its all about the comfort of the bed and sleep quality and I have to say the second night I got that. I didnt eat in the restaurant in the evening as went into London and reception were very helpful in printing off the times for trains into London and also tube times. Staff were very helpful and friendly. It is a non smoking Hotel and the Hotel said that they do fine people who smoke at the Hotel but this is difficult once they have checked out I think. Anyway, all in all the start of my two days wasnt great but they Hotel were very accommodating and made it good. Would I stay there again? Yes I would!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the back of the Hotel and definitely go for an Upper Deck room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Visited the Village for lunch with friends on 7th November and ended up with a £100 car park fee. It was my regular meeting venue with friends but it wont be any more.

The car park has very recently been taken over CPM UK Car Park Management who's responsibility is to rip people off if they park don't park in the marked bays. This hotel is known for cars to be parked in unmarked bays as the car park is always full at certain times of the day i.e.lunch time, so it was no surprise to find many other cars parked in this way.

There was a small sign outside the entrance to the hotel but it was blocked by 'smokers' so I was unable to read it. I realised when leaving that this sign had been moved to inside the entrance and it was to advised their customers that they accept no responsibility to the changes in the car park.
Just a clear notice to say 'YOU HAVE PARKED YOUR CAR ON PRIVATELY PROPERTY AND PARKING RESTRICTION ARE NOW ENFORCED, SEE NOTICES IN THE CAR PARK' would have been so much clearer.

So much for customer care. The website says 'the great facilities at our Farnborough hotel are sure to make you feel at home'
Yea Right! I shall no longer be using these facilities. Nor will I recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank mary696
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Travelodge Farnborough Central
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Village Hotel Farnborough? Share your experiences!