“No service at all. Gym is the only good thing here.”

Village Hotel Farnborough
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Philadelphia
“No service at all. Gym is the only good thing here.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had business in the area and had to stay here for several days. During that time, the room was not always vacuumed and the trash can was not always emptied. One day, we returned to find bed pillows still on the floor. The room was very, very small. The only drawer was a small one in the closet. The bathroom was so minimal that there wasn't even a hook to hang my nightgown on and there was only one small bar to use for all towels. We often did not receive two towels (even thought there were two of us in the room). The desk personnel were extremely rude and difficult. They claimed ignorance when I asked questions about the area. They called cabs for me, but nothing else. The fitness center is excellent: large pool with lap lanes, large aerobic area, free weight area, nice locker room facilities and fitness classes (if your schedule permits). Lots of locals seemed to like the place for parties and gatherings. If you are here for local business and intend to only sleep here (eat somewhere else), it may be practical for you. It is only a 4-5 pound taxi ride to the train station that will take you into London.

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are the same.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Mark M, General Manager at Village Hotel Farnborough, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.
Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our housekeeping and reception manager.

I hope we have the opportunity in the future to show you our usual standards.

Best Wishes, Mark.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I booked this hotel as my family and I were going to a 25 year wedding anniversary celebration in Farnham. I chose this as it was the best value. It cost £85 for a family room including breakfast, use of gym, swimming pool, steam room and sauna. I also booked my mother in law a double room which cost £65. I booked through laterooms.com.

The hotel was clean, very modern and the staff were lovely especially with the children.

Our room was a king room with 2 pull out beds for our children. They were proper beds but low to the floor as these belong underneath the king bed. The beds were comfy.

The coffee/tea in the room was great and the bathroom was great.

The breakfast was lovely as there was plenty of choice. There were cereals, pastries, toast, yoghurt, fruit and a hot selection.

The surrounding area was also great as there was an ASDA, bowling alley and Wizzy World Soft Play Area all within a short walk.

The only negative thing I can think about was our view as through our window it was just a concrete wall but we were not bothered as we were only there a night.

Room Tip: If you don't want to look at a wall as your view then maybe room 103 not for you but my family d...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes, Mark.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights on this hotel, but when we were doing the check in, the front desk took 2 years of life. My reservation was with breakfast included and she was argue with me saying that did not, after 10 times saying that I did the reservation with breakfast included and she saying the opposite, I opened the reservation on the mobile phone and send one email to her with that detail... Very rude and stubborn lady.
The breakfast was OK, but one 4 star hotel that charge a big money for the breakfast... shouldn't have packed fruit, and have cheese for example, different type of bread...
The hotel accommodations are great, very good room and clean no complainings... Nice swimming pool, gym, and restaurant and pub.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gosport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a fantastic weekend at this hotel, I cannot believe it is only a 3 star. The rooms are lovely, the staff are friendly. The bars are very welcoming and the breakfast was delicious. The leisure facilities were fantastic.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Slough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I visited the hotel twice during May 2014 using a Travelzoo lunch and swim voucher.

Both visits were lovely. Amazing lunches from a specific Travelzoo menu and the leisure facilities are excellent. The gym is huge.

Excellent value for money. Hope the offer comes up again soon.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fleetwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Had a work management evening here recently and stayed in an upper deck room. Really impressed with the room, it was large, the bed very comfortable, great bathroom and loved the Starbucks station! The food in the chop house was pretty decent and surroundings pleasant. Only downside was the bar closed very early forcing you to pay the higher room service rates - not ideal especially as we were a group of 10 plus wanting to have a drink together, not in our rooms. All in all though, excellent value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Paralimni, Cyprus
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was a good hotel with good facilities for the disabled and a much better room than many higher rated hotels. If you use this hotel you might want to take a topper as the bed felt good but perhaps a little firm. The only shock was late one evening when my wife went to get some bottled water from the bar and was charged £6 for it. After that we ate and drank at a nearby local which offered much better value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Village Hotel Farnborough? Share your experiences!