We had booked this hotel for two nights (B&B), as it was close to the Air show (about a 10-15 min walk). Plenty of free parking was available and we were greeted warmly by the desk staff and quickly checked-in. We were given a room on the top (fourth) floor, facing south, with an exceptional view over the Farnborough Business Park which includes the Heritage Quarter where you can find the historic wind tunnel that was constructed in 1935, the old Farnborough Airport Building and a restored airship hangar frame (Shown in the photo).
The planes flew over and around the hotel as they performed their displays so we had exceptional views from the car park, our room and from the shopping centre near by.. for our first visit to the Air Show, we couldn't believe our luck!
The room was quite small for a double but they had gone for a minimalistic look so nothing was cluttered. There was one chair and desk which made up one side of a "bedside table", a smaller "bed side shelf" on the other with a larger shelf running behind the bed. Tea making facilities (supplied by Starbucks) sat on a small freestanding cube (sadly not near a power socket so we had to keep finding space for the kettle on one of the side tables) and a double cupboard that included hangars, shelving, a drawer as well as an ironing board, iron and hair dryer. The room had a floor to ceiling window with really good sound proofing! A small window could be opened but Air Conditioning was available too. Flat screen TV with sky box was housed in a wall mounted panel.
Things were “minimalistic” in the bathroom too, consisting of a walk-in ceiling mounted "Rain" shower with toilet and basin. Surface space was at a premium in here too with just one shelf running along the back of the sink/toilet and the room could have done with a couple more towel rails or hooks as there was only one small towel rail behind the door and one double hook on the back of the door. Hand and Bath towels were clean and fluffy, but no face towel/flannels were provided. The water pressure was not brilliant but it did the job. In addition to the usual complimentary toiletries, our room also had additional wall mounted containers with hand-wash, shampoo, and conditioner and shower gel.
The breakfast was buffet style and offered the usual continental breakfast of croissants and other pastries, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, a hot breakfast was on offer with two types of eggs, bacon, sausages, black pudding, tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms and hash browns and copious amounts of toast, tea and coffee. The restaurant was clean and well laid out, looking stylish but not cold and the staff was quick to greet and seat us, getting tea and coffee on the table before we had sat down!
The hotel has its own pub, restaurant and Starbucks Cafe. The swimming pool and changing areas were very nice and clean.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here, although purely on a personal note, we found the bed too soft and the pillows too soggy and thin, but I have no doubt that had we asked for more pillows, they would have been supplied - we were only there for two nights so it wasn't a problem.
We would happily go back to this hotel again, however the Aviator Hotel is much closer to the pedestrian's access (Gate B). Having spent all day walking around the Air show in staggeringly hot temperatures, walking back to the hotel was quite a chore for us and we may consider something closer for the next time we go up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel Farnborough is located just off the M3 motorway, only 1 mile from Farnborough Airport and Rail Station and just 38 minutes to London Waterloo by train. It is also close to the M25 and M4. Nearby attractions include Windsor Castle, Legoland and Thorpe Park. Village Hotel Farnborough has 123 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Village Hotel Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Village Hotel Farnborough Hampshire