“Won't be going back..!”

Village Hotel Farnborough
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed as we had an early christening to go to in the area, but wish we'd stayed at home & left extra early to get to the service! Only booked here as the hotel we wanted was full & from the reviews it looked mostly good. We had what was advertised as a family room, when it was in fact a standard room, with 2 very small beds squashed in, 1 of which was blocking the wardrobe, so we couldn't use it! The room was very dark, as the lighting isn't very good & overlooked the multi story car park next door! Toilet seat was very odd shape & the hand held shower head came off whilst my husband was having a shower, meaning he effectively had to 'hose' himself down! Don't even get me started on the meal we had in the chop house, see my review & find out just how awful it was..! Won't be going back & wouldn't recommend to anyone..!!

Stayed: August 2014
Mark M, General Manager at Village Hotel Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Best Regards,

Mark.

There are newer reviews for Village Hotel Farnborough

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I spent last weekend at this hotel and, overall, I was pleased with standard. Rooms were bright and spacious, modern design and all facilities catered for, The staff were very pleasant and welcoming and I enjoyed my time in the pool area.
Breakfast was quite substantial and staff were attentive.
Where it did fall down though, was that during my stay (3 nights) my room wasn't dusted. Also the cups and spoons which had been used by myself and rinsed out were never cleaned properly, dried and returned to the tray in the room. They were left draining in the bathroom.
Also, on my departure day, housekeeping knocked my door shortly after 9am. Surely, it should have been annotated somewhere that I was leaving at 11am and to leave my room until then.
One of the bulbs on the bedside lights was out (my side of the bed) which was reported to reception on the first night and this was still out when I left.
Overall, I would return but I think a few improvements need to be made.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards of Housekeeping, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our Housekeeping Manager.

We hope you do return.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was very pleased with the quality of the room here - all appeared newly decorated and the finish was excellent. Spacious bed, really nice bedding, smart design of room and large flat screen; bathroom also spacious and well stocked. Really impressed and nothing to suggest for improvement. Whilst I did not stay for breakfast I did peer in and it all looked nice and the gym and pool is very good indeed - overall a pleasant and comfortable stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all rooms have been decorated / refurbished to the same level, so I'd check...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Mark.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel.Very well laid out and done out, clean and staff on reception were so good.

Rooms and bathrooms are above and beyond what I expected. Location on laterooms put this hotel 9 miles from Guilford, its infact nearly 15, not great.

Bar staff very young and talking about their social life and couldn't change a barrel, 3 beers were out.

but overall these are small points, good pool and spa areas

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We welcome all constructive feedback, as it helps us to get better. Thank you for highlighting the issues and for the positive review.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We spent the evening here at a special event for a Hen Party.Had a great evening,the music was good,food tasty & well presented.The staff were excellent,very friendly & helpful.The rest of the hotel looked very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great Tribute Night feedback. We host many similar events each year.

Hope to see you again soon.

Healthy Regards, Mark.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed here for the air show....really lovely hotel...the Red Arrows where staying there, if it's good enough for them.....

Ideal location for the air show and Legoland.

Food really nice. But rather slow replenishing foods at breakfast.

Oh and I though the pool changing rooms were a tad dated. However, the decor through out was really trendy. It was really lovely to sit outside and have a glass of wine.

It's not somewhere I would stay for a weekend treat. But defo handy for business ppl and Farnborough explorers...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Mark M, General Manager at Village Hotel Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. The Red Arrows should be returning to our Hotel in 2016 as they also enjoyed the facilities and service.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed here on the 'upper deck' (top floor-slightly fancier rooms) with my fiancée for a child-free weekend.
Room was slightly smaller than we were expecting and the bathroom had no bath, only a shower but really it made no difference.Pillows were the most comfortable I have ever slept on!
The pub, restaurant and function rooms downstairs make the ground floor quite busy but in a good way. People also seem to meet up here as well as just staying in the hotel.
We loved it- perfect for people watching but you could not hear any of this noise in the bedroom.
We had some issues with the tv in our room and reception were up to fix it straight away.
Would recommend

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely comments. The team will be delighted.

We hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes, Mark.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough
Macdonald Frimley Hall Hotel & Spa

Been to Village Hotel Farnborough? Share your experiences!