Village Hotel Farnborough
Holiday Inn Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$127
HolidayInn.com
SACO Aparthotel Farnborough(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$101
Hotels.com
Colebrook Guest House(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$81
Orbitz.com
The Alexandra(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$65
Travelodge Farnborough Central(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$61
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
US$86
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre(Farnborough)(Great Value!)
US$86
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Melford House(Farnborough)
US$124
TripAdvisor
1,721 results
All reviewsthe upper deckclub roomthe pubtribute nightleisure facilitiesthe vervepublic housesteam roombusiness parkbusiness tripmodern hotelwalk in showercourse mealcomfy bedstarbucksgym
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for just 1 night as we were at a family wedding. When we arrived at the hotel (as guided by the satnav) we thought we had come to an office block, especially as the hotel is situated in an industrial estate. We even had to ask a member of the passing public if we were anywhere near the hotel as there is NO sign anywhere on the building saying that this was the Village Hotel Farnborough. However once inside the hotel it was a different story. The decor was smart and up to date and the reception staff were extremely pleasant. Our room was on the first floor and was really rather nice. It was furnished in a very modern style with a flat screen television, tea and coffee making facilities and a very nice bed.The bed linen was nice and fresh. The en-suite was a joy....It was a wet room and a large one at that. It was clean, fresh and had no dirty or cracked tiles. The rest of the hotel (and the rooms where the wedding was held) were just as pleasant and well maintained....we even had a private patio to sit out in the sunshine. The breakfast had a good selection of items and there was plenty of tea and coffee.
Overall this hotel was a pleasant experience and we would come back again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor overlooking the car park which was surprisingly quiet. As we weren't in the room much the view didn't bother us
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Mark M, General Manager at Village Hotel Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind remarks and excellent rating, which I have shared with our staff.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed as we had an early christening to go to in the area, but wish we'd stayed at home & left extra early to get to the service! Only booked here as the hotel we wanted was full & from the reviews it looked mostly good. We had what was advertised as a family room, when it was in fact a standard room, with 2 very small beds squashed in, 1 of which was blocking the wardrobe, so we couldn't use it! The room was very dark, as the lighting isn't very good & overlooked the multi story car park next door! Toilet seat was very odd shape & the hand held shower head came off whilst my husband was having a shower, meaning he effectively had to 'hose' himself down! Don't even get me started on the meal we had in the chop house, see my review & find out just how awful it was..! Won't be going back & wouldn't recommend to anyone..!!

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I spent last weekend at this hotel and, overall, I was pleased with standard. Rooms were bright and spacious, modern design and all facilities catered for, The staff were very pleasant and welcoming and I enjoyed my time in the pool area.
Breakfast was quite substantial and staff were attentive.
Where it did fall down though, was that during my stay (3 nights) my room wasn't dusted. Also the cups and spoons which had been used by myself and rinsed out were never cleaned properly, dried and returned to the tray in the room. They were left draining in the bathroom.
Also, on my departure day, housekeeping knocked my door shortly after 9am. Surely, it should have been annotated somewhere that I was leaving at 11am and to leave my room until then.
One of the bulbs on the bedside lights was out (my side of the bed) which was reported to reception on the first night and this was still out when I left.
Overall, I would return but I think a few improvements need to be made.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards of Housekeeping, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have reviewed your feedback in detail with our Housekeeping Manager.

We hope you do return.

Best Wishes, Mark.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was very pleased with the quality of the room here - all appeared newly decorated and the finish was excellent. Spacious bed, really nice bedding, smart design of room and large flat screen; bathroom also spacious and well stocked. Really impressed and nothing to suggest for improvement. Whilst I did not stay for breakfast I did peer in and it all looked nice and the gym and pool is very good indeed - overall a pleasant and comfortable stay and would definitely return.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if all rooms have been decorated / refurbished to the same level, so I'd check to make sure that you are getting a newer style room - well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Pleasantly surprised by the hotel.Very well laid out and done out, clean and staff on reception were so good.

Rooms and bathrooms are above and beyond what I expected. Location on laterooms put this hotel 9 miles from Guilford, its infact nearly 15, not great.

Bar staff very young and talking about their social life and couldn't change a barrel, 3 beers were out.

but overall these are small points, good pool and spa areas

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We welcome all constructive feedback, as it helps us to get better. Thank you for highlighting the issues and for the positive review.

Best Wishes, Mark.