“Great!”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
doncaster
“Great!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Clean friendly staff, weatherspoons underneath, sainsburys round corner, and a shopping center behind!! Problems are rooms are very hot in warm weather, and noisy if windows open! You can hear the extractor fans from sainsburys behind the building. On the front you have all the drunks from weatherspoons. Hey ho, still great digs though

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank whitto92

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

as others have said this is a fairly newly modernized travelodge, everything was clean and comfortable but...and its a big but.. only if the temperature is mild, the building is very warm anyway and this combined with one of he hottest summers in modern memory made it unbearable, the heat was so stifling, as to make you feel sick, and so you had no option but to leave your windows wide open, normally not a problem right!....wrong the lodge is situated directly over a wetherspoons pub, so the noise is akin to that found at an all night hen party, and again no mention was made by the staff of the availability of fans prior to possibly the worst nights sleep have ever had, although the hen party sounded brill! breakfast was ok but staff slow to fill up the food when it fell low, other than that they were nice and friendly, so go in winter by all means, or in the summer if your on a hen party!

Room Tip: any that might have aircon
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lee S
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in hotel for 3 nights the room was clean but very warm when ever room was serviced window was closed, so when arrived back room was like an oven. As for the food would not recommend as it's microwaved! There is no parking at the hotel but there are a few very close £5 for overnight.

Stayed July 2014
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Rooms very clean. Huge, comfortable Bed. Only fault was that it was too warm and you can't leave the window open as the Travelodge is on main street - not too noisy with window closed. having said that, there are fans available at reception (didn't know until leaving)

Best advice is NOT to include meals with your booking as the Travelodge is literally over a wetherspoon pub (Tilly Shilling), which offers good food at much cheaper prices. All in all, a good place to stay and even better if you can get the saver rates

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This travelodge, as with many others I've stayed in is very good value. It's clean, well positioned and comfortable. The staff were well mannered and happy to help. I had booked a twin room and was upgraded to a family room as they weren't busy. The only problem with this (and other travelodge's) is there is not air con at all! When I stayed, it was a very hot day and night and as my room was on the 3rd floor, the window only opens a crack so I didn't get a great nights sleep. It wasn't only the room that was hot, all the corridors and the lifts were boiling hot.

As I was leaving early in the morning the staff were kind enough to get the breakfast stuff out for me so I could have coffee and toast before I left.

Overall a great stay, just wished it was cooler!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Travelodge was clean and well presented, the staff were welcoming and the onsite food was good. I would stay again, but would ask for a room at the back of the hotel to avoid the revellers at kicking out time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wrote a review soon after staying here, but for reasons unknown to me it seems to have been removed - perhaps the truth hurt a little too much maybe? So I will try again because you need to know this. I hope I'm not contravening any review guidelines.

The room was dreadful and dirty; grubby black marks all over the walls, frayed and stained carpet, dried food smeared all over the menu and a filthy stained cover on the sofa bed, it was disgusting. There wasn't even a set of curtains against the window. I asked at reception if all the rooms were of this standard and was told "yes".

The food in the cafe bar was all microwaved (even the coleslaw was warmed) and poor quality so I left most of it. I decided not to bother with breakfast so went next door to the pub for my porridge (the Travelodge staff didn't know what porridge was).

I did try to find somewhere else for the night nearby but failed to do so as it was quite late when I arrived.

The only saving grace for this place was the staff, very friendly and pleasant.

I would never stay here again, and always try to avoid work booking me into Travelodges from now on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank seapirate
TravelodgeUK, Nicolas from Customer Services at Travelodge Farnborough Central, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your review seapirate. We are very sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your stay. We require our staff to follow a strict routine in the cleaning of our rooms and we would expect them to be cleaned and maintained to our high standards. We can happily confirm however that the hotel has since been refitted and we are working hard to make sure that we can provide the same high standards in all of our properties. Furthermore, the food we offer in our bar cafes is also standardised across all our hotels and our staff are trained in how to prepare and present it so it is regrettable to learn that the food did not meet with your expectations. We are sorry for the experience you had with us and would like to investigate the concerns that you have raised. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.