“Loved my stay”

Ranked #5 of 9 Farnborough B&B and Inns
Stanley, Falkland Islands
“Loved my stay”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I stayed a Oak Tree Guest house, while I was over from the Falkland Island to have an opperation at Frimley Park.
I stayed for a few weeks in October 12.
I must say my room was very welcoming, clean and fresh. Their was ample facilities for me in the room for which i found very helpful, not being a breakfast person myself I found the continental breakfast provided very nice and if I did not eat it in the morning I would have it for supper. Having my own microwave in the room also gave me the option to heat a meal and not have to eat out every day. There are of course quite a large selection of eateries near by.
I found Jo and her family to be very friendly and very helpful.
Having the free WIFI was also an added bonus to keep in contact with family in the falklands.
All in all this is a very comfortable guest house and I would thoroughly recomend it.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Couples
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 15 September 2011

When breakfast is not on the menu.

The Oak Tree Guest House is located 10 minutes from IQ Farnborough technology park. The rooms are simple with small (very small) en suites. Rooms come with a small fridge, coffee/tea making facilities including a microwave, now you know why they don't give you a real English Breakfast, they expect you to either enjoy the "continental" breakfast or make your own.

Personally I miss the traditional English breakfast, so in that respect I was disappointed by the Oak tree Guest House. Having said that you can expect a warm welcome from owner Joanne Dickinson, and that's always a plus.

The rooms are clean and functional, the en suites are very small, but then you don't spend much time there do you.

Wi-Fi is free and very good.

There are three restaurants all within 5 minutes of the guest house, parking is limited so if you take a care make sure to get in early.

At 55 pounds for the room, the local hotels just can't compete, but if you are looking for nightlife then the Oak guest house is not for you, Farnborough probably isn't fo you either, but then that's another story.

If you are still intersted, check out their website

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business