We arrived by public transport, so had a short walk from the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but it was easy to find. Hotel grounds on entry were clean and well maintained. Reception staff were freindly and very efficent. Room was very clean, tea tray well stocked and bathroom had a good supply of toiletries. Temperature was controllable in room and window was easy to open to get air into room. TV reception was very good and beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was buffet style, hot food was hot and quite a good choice. On the second morning they didn't have a cereal that I liked and one of the staff offered to go to a supermarket and buy some!!! That's what I call service, but I choose an alternative. When having breakfast on the first morning, the General Manager walked around the hotel talking to guests. We told him that we were going to a craft show at the venue across the road called Five. When we returned that afternoon, we had a nice note stating that they hoped we had enjoyed our day and this was left with a complimentary peice of cake.
We had a three course evening meal in the restaurant the second evening. The staff were very attentive and the food was faultless. We did get a bit fed up with being offered drinks every time someone approached the table as we had not ordered any as we didn't want any!
Our luggage was stored when we checked out and it felt like we were leaving friends not a hotel. We could not have asked for any more from the staff and we will definetly stay there again if we are in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Hampshire/Surrey border with easy access to the M3/M25, the Holiday Inn Farnborough is a great choice for a weekend break for visiting Birdworld, Legoland, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Wisley Gardens and Aldershot Military Museum.The hotel is within walking distance of FIVE, the South of England's new premier conference venue, the Farnborough Air Show and the Aldershot Army Show, and is two miles from Rushmoor Arena, which hosts the annual South of England Tempest Rally among other events.This Farnborough hotel offers guests comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with high-speed Internet access and full use of the Spirit Health Club with its pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well-equipped gym. Our newly refurbished restaurant offers varied menus with daily specials and themed menus once a week, and light bites are served in the lounge. Kids stay & eat free.*We take pride in delivering an efficient, friendly service for conferences, private parties and weddings. Our 10 meeting rooms offer scope for flexible programmes and events for up to 180 delegates/guests.See the hotel's package page for special overnight packages, hotel offers and our monthly theme/tribute nights.*Terms & conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Farnborough Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hampshire