“Poor restaurant but great hotel desppite that” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Farnborough

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Kent
“Poor restaurant but great hotel desppite that”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for one night during the "You can Make It!" show at the Five centre.

We got a good deal through Hotwire for the Saturday night, and had a great room right above the front dooe on the 2nd floor. The room was a decent size, the beds comfortable and the bathroom spotless. The staff were excellent and very helpful

We chose to eat in the restuarant as they had a meal deal but the waitress didn't seem to realise that I had taken advantage of the bottle of wine for £10 included in the offer - and at first brought me a single glass which would have cost more than half the bottle price. Service was also incredibly slow and not helped by a VERY fussy woman and her two children finding fault with absolutely everything, and a large (very drunk) party who couldn't seem to be able to decide what they wanted to eat.

Breakfast was excellent and very good value for money, and set us up well for a busy day ahead.

I would certainly stay here again - but maybe look around for other places to eat dinner!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear CarolynUK,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on the Trip advisor site as feedback is vital for us as well as future customers thinking of staying with us.

Your feedback was well balanced and appreciate the point of view you provided. The team were delighted to read you found them excellent and very helpful.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise that the service in the restaurant did not reflect the rest of your stay with us. I would encourage you to use the restaurant again during your next stay and if you are not able to see a positive improvement them please contact me directly as we have worked hard to make improvements in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Yours Sincerely

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bradford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012 via mobile

We booked a 4 night stay to visit Legoland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and very clean. We visited the pool a couple of times and it was also clean although could have been a bit warmer! Breakfast was very good - always plenty of choice. We ate dinner in the hotel once which was good - for a hotel the food was reasonably priced and our son ate for free. The only criticism I would have about the hotel was that drinks were VERY expensive but apart from that I'd give it 10/10.

Stayed April 2012
Dear EAWBradford,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on the Trip advisor site.
It was great to read your review named “Great Stay” and all the feedback has been passed onto the team and the point regarding the drinks has been noted and will be passed on to our head office.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

After reading mixed reviews before staying, I wasn't sure what to expect, but my stay here was excellent. The staff were lovely and so helpful, Denise on reception in particular! She asked the reason for our stay which was my partner going to Afghanistan the next day and she immediately upgraded our room. The room was lovely and we then got a knock on the door, wine and chocolates and a lovely letter wishing my partner a safe tour.
Overall the stay was lovely and the staff really made us feel welcome. It was just what we both needed to relax before he went. I would recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Dear Abigail G,

Thank you firstly for taking the time to review us on Trip advisor of which we are very grateful.
Both the team and I were delighted to read your review titled “Brilliant stay” as it truly captures Denise one of the team truly going above and beyond which is what the team are encouraged to do on a daily basis.

Denise has been recognized for her efforts and was also very pleased to read the review.

We wish your husband good luck on his trip.

We also look forward to welcoming you both back in the future.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I am Priority Club Gold member and recently stay for one night in HI Farnborough on business trip.Check in already bit dark and cant see much from outside.
Free parking was a great start with sufficient car park spaces.
As expected Room upgrade from Gold Member went on fine with smooth check in.My recent stay was outstanding from HI Broomsgrove and that have raise HI standard bar to my expectation.
Room was clean and spacious.My hotel room do provide decent flat screen TV but this is actually my first time i say HD channel.I do spend more time compare to normal watching TV after a long day at work.
Toilet there are some cranks on the floor and some uneven surfaces.Obviously toilet start to show its ages and should be due to upgrade soon.
Breakfast with ample hot and cold choices as expect.
I was impressed again during check out when reception as me how do i rate my stay and how they can make it a perfect 10.I replied for executive room internet and Wifi should come complementary. That night i have laptop,tablet and smartphones with me.
I beleive HI gropus is doing and great effort to improve their services and facalities and i will continue to support them.My next trip will be on a week stay in Crowne Plaza very soo

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rashdan R
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Rashdan R,

Thank you for taking the time out to review us on Tripadvisor. I was very pleased to read that we met your expectations and that the changes we are making are noticeable and not just in one hotel but across the country.

With regards to areas to improve, I am very glad to say that work commences the 10th of April on 30 bathroom floors as we also recognise some were in need of refurbishment.

I do hope we get the opportunity to provide you again with “spot on services” and next time exceed your expectations and receive 5 out 5.

Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed in the Holiday Inn Farnborough multiple times and have a bit mixed feelings about it. My first stay (few years back) was a disaster. The aircondition was broken and i could barely sleep. The noise the machine was making was terrible. I called the reception, but they told me that no free rooms were available and i had to endure...

Next stays were better, no major issues, but no highlights - a quiet place to rest after a long day at work, with a comfortable bed, not more.

From the outside, the building looks really impressive, but the rooms are a bit "tired".
The room i got this time was really tiny. The aircondition worked, however it could not be adjusted and the door looked like as if somebody tried to break in (but never succeeded and got frustrated).

The staff in the reception was indeed very nice and helpful, check-in and -out was quick and efficient.

Breakfast was OK, a few warm dishes, cheese, fruits and vegetables. I was offerred a cup of coffee, but never a refill (which i would have enjoyed very much). On the other hand, You can grab a (complimentary) cup before leaving the hotel.

For those in need of exercise: There's a gym (can be quite crowded during afternoon hours) and a swimming pool. The gym is pretty well equipped, but there's a restriction of 10 minutes for the treadmill (maybe because there are only 2 of them). Recommendation: go running outisde!

If You need access to network - there's a WiFi, but it is not free of charge!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Jola L,

Thank you for taking the time to review us after your recent stay. We also really appreciate that you have pointed out that things have improved over time since you first have stayed with us. I especially am glad to read this as we have worked hard to make improvements and enhance the guest experience.

I have shown your review to the team as you have been kind enough to provide specific details of your stay and areas for us to improve on.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and that you have noticed the improvements further.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Chose this hotel because of its leisure facilities and not being to far from home. On arrival receptoionist was lovely, very friendly, we recieved a complimentary upgrade, not sure why but much appreciated. Room was a good size, nice big TV with plenty of channels, well stocked hospitality tray-we got a bathrobe but only one which was strange as it was a double room. Leisyre facilities were lovely, friendly guy on the reception, lovely warm pool and jacuzzi and the sauna and steam room were fab too. We usually eat out when staying in hotels but we decided to try out the restaurant as they accept the tastecard-unfortunately we did not have a good experience seemed to be some lack of communication going on! We ordered a sharing starter which came with something missing, we later found out this was out of stock! had pasta for mains which was OK! waitress offered us free dessert due to the confusion with the starter-I had the rocky road sundae which came not as described on the menu and consisted of just ice-cream. We complained to the restaurant manager and were dealt with very satisfactorily and woke in the morning to a lovely hand written note from the waitress also appologising, i'm sure this was just a one off, just a shame it had to be on our night! Breakfast was lovely good selection, fresh and hot!
Overall we would definately recommend this hotel, we will go back but will just eat out.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear debseydoo101,

Thank you for taking the time to review us after your recent stay. We also really appreciate that you have pointed out both the positive aspects of your stay as well as the areas for us to improve to go from “nearly perfect” to perfect.

It was me that you actually spoke with after your meal and I can only apologise once again for the fact you did not receive the experience you were both hoping for and should have received. Measures have been put in place to avoid any re-occurrences of this in the future so I would ask you to please not only visit us again but also return to the restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We arrived by public transport, so had a short walk from the nearest bus stop to the hotel, but it was easy to find. Hotel grounds on entry were clean and well maintained. Reception staff were freindly and very efficent. Room was very clean, tea tray well stocked and bathroom had a good supply of toiletries. Temperature was controllable in room and window was easy to open to get air into room. TV reception was very good and beds were very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning was buffet style, hot food was hot and quite a good choice. On the second morning they didn't have a cereal that I liked and one of the staff offered to go to a supermarket and buy some!!! That's what I call service, but I choose an alternative. When having breakfast on the first morning, the General Manager walked around the hotel talking to guests. We told him that we were going to a craft show at the venue across the road called Five. When we returned that afternoon, we had a nice note stating that they hoped we had enjoyed our day and this was left with a complimentary peice of cake.
We had a three course evening meal in the restaurant the second evening. The staff were very attentive and the food was faultless. We did get a bit fed up with being offered drinks every time someone approached the table as we had not ordered any as we didn't want any!
Our luggage was stored when we checked out and it felt like we were leaving friends not a hotel. We could not have asked for any more from the staff and we will definetly stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Lisa10001,

Thank you for the time an effort you have taken to write such a detailed and comprehensive review of our hotel. All feedback both positive and room to improve is always welcomed as we strive to be the best and the feedback that our guests provide point us in the right direction to achieve this.

We are all very pleased to read that you felt like you were at a home away from home.
“When we checked out and it felt like we were leaving friends not a hotel”

I am glad you enjoyed the cake!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!