“Good Hotel”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Was booked into the Village hotel for 3 days but needed to move here on the fourth day since the village was full. I wish I was here for the 4 days. The rooms are not as nice as the village but this is a more "real" hotel. Rooms clean and bright. Staff extrememy friendly. Location next to the town so an easy walk. Bar very friendly

Breakfast was good, did not have any other meals.

Would I stay again? Yes

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear John_from_Stafford

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff to be 'extremely friendly' and the rooms 'clean and bright'.

I am pleased to say that an investment has been agreed by the owners for an update of bedrooms and replacement of furniture in 2013 (dates tbc).

Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Visited Friday July 26th
Rooms were average , but smaller than most other hotels.
Staff were friendly but not many off them. Short at bar and check in. Plates left in corridors overnight and still around in the morning.
Tried for breakfast on the Saturday , waited in a queue for 20 mins , not very good.
Not one of the better holidayinns !

• Stayed: July 2013
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear Hopwood25

Thank you for the time taken to review us on TripAdvisor. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive to constantly improve. The positive gives us an opportunity to praise the team and the room to improve gives us clear direction from a customer's point of view.

I apologise for the lack of service during your stay, but am pleased to say that we have new team members on board to ensure high presence during service times and to eliminate queues.

We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Hotel is adequate to very good for business travel. Has all needed amenities. Rooms are a bit small, but typical of a European hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good location for local business needs ... not sure it's the best for "holiday destinations" due to locale. You can walk to a number of decent / very good resturaunts. Only complaint was that the bar service was a bit slow at times.

Room Tip: If you can get a room for the same price in teh "executive" section -- they area a bit big...

Dear Cowhead4

Thank you for your review. Feedback of all kinds is incredibly important to us as we strive to contstantly improve.

I was glad to read that overall you had a good stay with us, but found the bar service to be slow. Please be assured that this has been discussed with the team so that we can prevent similar guests from experiencing the same in the future.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Staying here on Business I fell for the same old trick and found that my room rate of over £160 did not include breakfast (a rip off compared with a Holiday Inn Express I stayed in the following week for half the price).

Second evening meal was a disaster. I'm allegric to tomatoes and clearly asked for a burger without them - burger turned up wit a tomato in it. I stressed I was allergic and waiter took it away and returned in less than a minute with the same burger and the tomato removed. He, and the kitchen staff, did not grasp the importance of customer allergies. I sent the burger back again. It returned a third time. I began to eat it and was alarmed to see a red stain on the bun which I believed was caused by the previously removed tomato. Kitchen staff and waitress said it was a blood stain from the burger which wasn't true as it had been cooked to medium (where there should be no blood). I believe the staff were lying to me.

I will never stay at this Holiday Inn again and I'd advise anyone with any form of food allergy to avoid at all costs.

Dear happy-pilgrim

Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with this.

Firstly, I would like to apologise that you found your stay with us overpriced and not including breakfast. I would like to assure you that our prices are comparable with other hotels in the Farnborough area and we strive to offer the best competitve rates.

I was extremely disappointed to hear of the problem you encountered with respect to your evening meal. I can assure you that we have taken the relevant steps with the individuals concerned and have re-educated the team on the importance of not only customer requests, but also food allergies.

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and if you are to stay with us again in the near future, please don't hesitate to get in contact with me directly.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here for a few nights on business and was generally happy

Pros: Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, plenty of free parking, health club was well staffed and readily available

Cons: Breakfast was only average, however I didn't realise scrambled eggs could be that rubbery and tasteless. Try cooking smaller amounts and top up more regularly. As with all Holiday Inns the Internet access is absolutely extortionate

Room Tip: Away from bar and facing away from main road

Dear Arobajase

I was glad to read that overall you had a good stay with us and have fed back you comments with regards to the eggs during breakfast to our Head Chef so that we can prevent similar incidents in the future.

With respect to the internet charges, IHG have just launched a new scheme for IHG Rewards Club Elite members to have some free internet usuage. This came into effect on 1st July 2013.

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I had a number of issues with this hotel -

1) I recently stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. NEVER AGAIN. My wife booked the hotel but could not travel, in the event myself and my son availed of the accommodation. I went to the restaurant on the first morning of my stay. I asked the price of breakfast, I was told it would be £16 and some odd pence. I specifically asked was that for two persons and was told "Yes". Myself and my Son had breakfast, he paid for the breakfast. Later in the day he remarked that it was expensive at £33.90 for 2 ! £33.90 was a disgraceful price, no doubt Holiday Inn will point to some small print clause.

2) A room with double bed and sofa bed was booked - No sofa bed, I enquired at reception - a tubular camp bed and mattress were procured. Bed base rickety and not fit for purpose, mattress (thin and not sprung) had to be placed on floor - un-hygienic and uncomfortable.

3) Bar service either non existent or painfully slow. I watched the Lions Rugby match on the Saturday morning, I wouldn't normally be drinking that early in the morning, however a combination of a brisk walk earlier that morning and searing temperatures meant I decided to order 1 pint beer each for myself and 2 companions - the match was almost over when the drinks arrived ! Bar unattended for long periods at night, service again very slow.

4) There were weddings on each night of our stay, children running everywhere at night in the bars - is there not a watershed cut-off time for the presence of children in licensed premises - perhaps hotels are exempt.

I stayed in the 'Premier Inn' in Putney and Kensington I night each side of my stay in the Holiday Inn Farnborough. Premier Inn outscores Holiday Inn on every criteria,

As can be seen from my previous postings I am not overly critical or demanding. The price of accommodation in the Holiday Inn (which was booked in February) was actually good value, however the exorbitant breakfast price negatived any value. I would much prefer to be advising other travellers of positive rather than negative experiences, however this Holiday Inn left a bad taste, I will never stay in another one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Marger50

Thank you for taking the time out to provide us with feedback about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

I would like to apologise for the misunderstanding which arose with regards to the breakfast charge for yourself and your son. During the check in process the team do offer breakfast vouchers which are more economically priced and I apologise if this was not communicated to you as our team are very conscious to provide every option for our guests.

With respect to the tubular bed that was provided, we have now taken stock of all our rollaway beds and will be replacing as necessary.

I was disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations with regards to bar service and will investigate the points raised with the relevant members of the team to ensure that the service standards are met for future guests. Also, as we are a family friendly hotel, there is no current cut off time for children in the public areas, although this is something we will monitor closely.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show that this stay was not indicative of our usual high standards and should you wish to stay again in the future, please make yourself known to me personally.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had no problems, 2 adults, 8,6 and 3 year old shared a room. Quality of single "Z" bed was a poor very creaky, no support. Breakfast was very good. There was a wedding reception at the hotel but it did not affect our sleep.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
HIFarnborough, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Jim F

Thank you for your review. It was great to hear that you and the family enjoyed your stay with us and found the room to be quiet and your comments regarding the good breakfast will be fed back to the team as this is something they can be proud of.

I would like to apologise for your displeasure with the "z" bed and will look into the points raised with my Housekeeping Manager.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Nick Aristodemou
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!