I chose this hotel for a surprise special weekend with my teenage girls mainly because it had a swimming pool. I chose the area because I thought they would like to go to BirdWorld which is nearby. (I was wrong!)
The hotel is comfortable - I booked a family room which had a large super kingsize bed and a sofa bed. The sofa bed is fine for a child but was really too short for an adult. I shared the big bed with one of my daughters (aka duvet-stealer) and the other one slept on the sofa bed but did find she couldn't stretch out straight.
It was great having the choice of pillows although I couldn't see a massive difference between the firm and soft hollow-fibre ones. We asked for the soft feather pillows which arrived very quickly even though it was late (about 10pm) when we called down as we hadn't noticed the list of pillow choices until then. They were better but still not as squishy as my ones at home.
We spent a few hours the first afternoon in the pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which were all nice. My girls do love swimming so it was a big hit with them. The showers in the changing rooms were lovely; hot and powerful. We didn't want to leave them! An all-in-one shower gel/shampoo was available in the shower stalls. The area for getting dressed is quite small and got cramped when another group came in at the same time as us.
We didn't go for the breakfast as we felt £11.50 each was far too expensive. My youngest wanted a bag of crisps from the bar - it was £1.20 for one, regular-sized bag!!! We were pleased with the free Mars Bar with the tea and coffee making facilities although I did phone down to reception to check it was free before we ate it!
All the staff we met were very polite and happy to help.
Over all, I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Hampshire/Surrey border with easy access to the M3/M25, the Holiday Inn Farnborough is a great choice for a weekend break for visiting Birdworld, Legoland, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Wisley Gardens and Aldershot Military Museum.The hotel is within walking distance of FIVE, the South of England's new premier conference venue, the Farnborough Air Show and the Aldershot Army Show, and is two miles from Rushmoor Arena, which hosts the annual South of England Tempest Rally among other events.This Farnborough hotel offers guests comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with high-speed Internet access and full use of the Spirit Health Club with its pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well-equipped gym. Our newly refurbished restaurant offers varied menus with daily specials and themed menus once a week, and light bites are served in the lounge. Kids stay & eat free.*We take pride in delivering an efficient, friendly service for conferences, private parties and weddings. Our 10 meeting rooms offer scope for flexible programmes and events for up to 180 delegates/guests.See the hotel's package page for special overnight packages, hotel offers and our monthly theme/tribute nights.*Terms & conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Farnborough Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hampshire