I stayed Christmas Eve and Christmas night 2013 so I could spend Christmas with some friends who lived nearby.
This hotel was a really pleasant surprise as I had not stayed there before.
There was plenty of free parking available.
I found check in was quick, friendly and informative.
My room was clean and the bed was comfortable.
The shower had full water pressure and really hot water, which is on the things you don't find in many hotels these days.
I bought a voucher for breakfasts for both mornings. There was plenty of good coffee and they cooked exactly what I asked for (poached eggs and brown toast). There was also all the usual hot and cold foods but I did not consume any of those. Staff at breakfast were friendly, efficient and professional. They were also mindful that it was the festive season and wished me a merry Christmas.
When I got back from Christmas day at my friend's house, there was a nice card from the manager and box of chocolates waiting for me in my room. I thought that was an excellent surprise from the staff.
Mu constructive criticism is that internet/Wi-fi prices were too expensive. If you wish guests to have access and also use the service, you may need to consider review. Most places either have free access or very reasonable rates in the current economic climate. I would personally like access included in my stay.
I am a member of IHG rewards club and try to stay at the chain's hotels when possible to earn airline miles. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to others based on my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Hampshire/Surrey border with easy access to the M3/M25, the Holiday Inn Farnborough is a great choice for a weekend break for visiting Birdworld, Legoland, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Wisley Gardens and Aldershot Military Museum.The hotel is within walking distance of FIVE, the South of England's new premier conference venue, the Farnborough Air Show and the Aldershot Army Show, and is two miles from Rushmoor Arena, which hosts the annual South of England Tempest Rally among other events.This Farnborough hotel offers guests comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with high-speed Internet access and full use of the Spirit Health Club with its pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well-equipped gym. Our newly refurbished restaurant offers varied menus with daily specials and themed menus once a week, and light bites are served in the lounge. Kids stay & eat free.*We take pride in delivering an efficient, friendly service for conferences, private parties and weddings. Our 10 meeting rooms offer scope for flexible programmes and events for up to 180 delegates/guests.See the hotel's package page for special overnight packages, hotel offers and our monthly theme/tribute nights.*Terms & conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Farnborough Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hampshire