“Reasonable hotel. Nothing excpetional”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Reasonable hotel. Nothing excpetional”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Hotel is nothing exception. Stayed for 3 days in March 14 for business.
Note there are no elevators ( lifts) so you have to carry all your luggage yourself up the flights.
There are no attendants to help. Sad. All other similar hotel I have stayed, always ensured luggage was sent to room. Sad.
Rooms: Regular rooms. Clean and nice. Bathrooms are also nice, clean spacious and have tub.
Breakfast: Enough options ( not for vegetarians). Restaurant on ground floor is small but light and airy.
Staff: Very helpful and friendly. Big plus for that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dhruvdp
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear dhruvdp,

I was so disappointed to read your headline as we clearly did not "Wow" you during your recent visit to the hotel. I am however glad the staff were friendly and helpful and I will share your comments with them.

Whilst we do not have elevators in the hotel the staff should have offered assistance with your luggage so I must apologise if this did not happen.

I do hope you will stay with us when you next need accommodation in the area and do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com so we can ensure all runs smoothly for you.

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
England
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Bog standard Holiday Inn let down by poor service at the bar and a poor experience at check out. The staff were too busy asking for my rating out of 10 to get the address on my invoice correct. Nothing special but the choice of pillows is always a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear davehelen 1709,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your visit to the hotel. I am sorry that we did not over deliver on your expectations during your stay and must apologise for the poor service you received in the Bar and at Reception.

I will be discussing your review with my team to ensure we are always offering the highest standards of guest care. I do hope you will give the hotel another chance and would ask that you contact me directly on jane.standing@ihg.com.

Once again my sincere apologies

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was my first stay at HI Farnborough, based on a friend's recommendation - I'll definitely be returning if I'm back in the area. Nice prompt check in, I was given a really nice room with quality fixtures and fittings, and nothing seemed too much hassle for the receptionist. Really liked the spacious relaxing lounge/bar area and general feel of the hotel. Self service breakfast was really good. There's free parking straight outside the front of the hotel with extra spaces around the side. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear AndyJ-001,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to to your first visit to the hotel. I was delighted to learn that you stayed with us after a recommendation from a friend.

The staff were so pleased to read your 5 star review and we really value your feedback.

I do hope you will have a second stay with us very soon!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here again, and once again I had an extremely good stay the staff were all still extremely and always welcoming, my main room maid was exceptional and Radha was always doing random spot checks not that I believed she ever found anything untoward, in the bar and eating area Raj and Kisore were managing their staff extremely well making sure the guests wanted for nothing, the girls on reception were as helpful and polite as my first stay and the staff in Spirit health club exceptional, my second experience the was as good as the first even the main managers Jane, Robert and Scott made me almost feel like I hadn't been away for without any prompting they still remembered my name, which I feel this always make any guest feel special and it wasn't just my name they remembered it appeared by listening this was throughout all guests. Since I was there last time I had some spare time and read a few of the other reviews and the biggest gripes seem to be some of the rooms were a bit tired, Internet was chargeable an breakfast was a bit expensive, so while I was there this time I did some investigating and this is what I found, when you check in you are informed that if you book breakfast at reception the night before it's hugely discounted and as it's an all you can eat buffet I think personally this is excellent value, secondly and while I was there 75 rooms were being renovated with absolutely no disruption to any of the guests, so I'm guessing the tired rooms are not tired any more and the icing on the cake and I'm not sure if it's all holiday inn or just farnborough but as from June 2014 all internet wi-fi connections will be free this didn't worry me because whilst I was there my phone was maintaining 4G so all in all my second stay was as awesome as my first stay, I have stayed in other hotels in the area an to be perfectly honest none of them seemed worth of my time to even review them, I'm hoping in the near future to get a third stay, because it just seems that all guests are treated as a family extention.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Blackdeath13,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I really appreciate your comments and the constructive feedback which I have since shared with my team.

I was delighted to read your review and am so pleased you enjoyed your second stay with us and hopefully there will be a third!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just want to say what a wonderful wedding we've had! Everyone had a great time, the room looked lovely, food was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a perfect venue :D we would highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel C
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Rachel C

Thank you so much for your recent review following your wedding at the hotel. I was so pleased to hear you had a wonderful day and that the staff ensured it was memorable for you.

We take great pride in running Weddings, they are one of the most important day in a Bride's life so it is important we get it right! Thank you for your recommendation.

Kind Regards

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

During checkout I was waiting for the question "How was your stay?" but to no avail. Therefore I had to offer up my feedback.

Stayed from 24th to 26th February 2014. Firstly I had food from the bar only to be sick within two hours of consumption. Secondly above my room had some birds nesting, or mice - often heard throughout the night and especially first thing in the morning. Finally the 3rd floor is being decorated and the constant smell of paint drying is highly irritating when trying to sleep naturally.

Despite being a Plantinum Elite member - I will definitely not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. If you love the smell of paint and can sleep through it ok - then the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AnonGGE
Dear AnonGGE,

I was most concerned to read your review and so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. Please do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com or 07808 098809 so I can restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Your review is between two 5 star reviews so please be assured that your experience is by no means typical and certainly not up to the standards of guest care and service that I would expect.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly, in particular the duty manager, Neil. Hotel was clean and well positioned. Food was on the high price for a burger but that said it was very enjoyable. Only down side to my stay was £8 plus for a glass of wine, too much for a Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Many thanks for your 5 star review! I certainly appreciate your kind comments, particularly about Neil which I have already shared with him. The prices of our beverages are set by our central Food & Beverage team and I will ensure that your feedback is forwarded to them. I do hope we will have the opportunity of looking after you again some time in the future.
Kind Regards
Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Holiday Inn Guildford
Holiday Inn Guildford
#3 of 11 in Guildford

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!