“A pleasant experience, except for the creaky floorboards” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Farnborough

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“A pleasant experience, except for the creaky floorboards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is now my 4th stay at Holiday Inn Farnborough. Although the property itself does not seem fascinating, the courteous and helpful staff more than makes up for the extravagance that the place is lacking. Enjoy IHG membership points for your stay here.
The one quality about this hotel that makes it stand out from the rest is the homely feeling you get while staying here. The air is not too professional and the Hampshire weather makes it all the more suited for a quiet place of rest.
The lounge/bar is alright with a host of freshly brewed local beers. If you are an IHG Platinum member, the internet is on the house which is great, except for the fact that its standard medium speed grade access which does not make up for a good experience on youtube.
The train station is not too far and the Rushmoore taxi service available locally is superb. Taxi bookings made through the hotel reception for airport transfers will fetch you pretty good discounted rates. There is also a BAE systems private airport at walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also enjoys proximity to a lot of restaurants and pubs situated in Aldershot and Farnham.
For those staying for a long duration at the hotel, the sticking point of complaint I have with the hotel is there never changing breakfast menu!
If you do need to visit the not-so-happening town of Farnborough, I would recommend Holiday Inn as the most suited place of stay.

Room Tip: Go for rooms 431-436, they are the best in the house. The floor boards on the main tower of the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vishal_Wahal
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Vishal_Wahal,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay at the hotel. I certainly value guest feedback particularly from guests such as yourself who it would appear stayed in the hotel for some time.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff which I was so pleased to hear. Staff helpfulness and friendliness is of the utmost importance in ensuring a great stay for all of our guests.

I am aware that we do have some creaky floorboards in the main hotel building as a result of it's age (Built 1904). We have recently completed a sample room where we have laid new flooring to resolve this issue with the intention of doing all rooms on the top floor to prevent further complaints.

Many thanks once again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards,

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Hotel is nothing exception. Stayed for 3 days in March 14 for business.
Note there are no elevators ( lifts) so you have to carry all your luggage yourself up the flights.
There are no attendants to help. Sad. All other similar hotel I have stayed, always ensured luggage was sent to room. Sad.
Rooms: Regular rooms. Clean and nice. Bathrooms are also nice, clean spacious and have tub.
Breakfast: Enough options ( not for vegetarians). Restaurant on ground floor is small but light and airy.
Staff: Very helpful and friendly. Big plus for that.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dhruvdp
Dear dhruvdp,

I was so disappointed to read your headline as we clearly did not "Wow" you during your recent visit to the hotel. I am however glad the staff were friendly and helpful and I will share your comments with them.

Whilst we do not have elevators in the hotel the staff should have offered assistance with your luggage so I must apologise if this did not happen.

I do hope you will stay with us when you next need accommodation in the area and do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com so we can ensure all runs smoothly for you.

England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Bog standard Holiday Inn let down by poor service at the bar and a poor experience at check out. The staff were too busy asking for my rating out of 10 to get the address on my invoice correct. Nothing special but the choice of pillows is always a nice touch.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear davehelen 1709,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your visit to the hotel. I am sorry that we did not over deliver on your expectations during your stay and must apologise for the poor service you received in the Bar and at Reception.

I will be discussing your review with my team to ensure we are always offering the highest standards of guest care. I do hope you will give the hotel another chance and would ask that you contact me directly on jane.standing@ihg.com.

Once again my sincere apologies

Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was my first stay at HI Farnborough, based on a friend's recommendation - I'll definitely be returning if I'm back in the area. Nice prompt check in, I was given a really nice room with quality fixtures and fittings, and nothing seemed too much hassle for the receptionist. Really liked the spacious relaxing lounge/bar area and general feel of the hotel. Self service breakfast was really good. There's free parking straight outside the front of the hotel with extra spaces around the side. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear AndyJ-001,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to to your first visit to the hotel. I was delighted to learn that you stayed with us after a recommendation from a friend.

The staff were so pleased to read your 5 star review and we really value your feedback.

I do hope you will have a second stay with us very soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay here again, and once again I had an extremely good stay the staff were all still extremely and always welcoming, my main room maid was exceptional and Radha was always doing random spot checks not that I believed she ever found anything untoward, in the bar and eating area Raj and Kisore were managing their staff extremely well making sure the guests wanted for nothing, the girls on reception were as helpful and polite as my first stay and the staff in Spirit health club exceptional, my second experience the was as good as the first even the main managers Jane, Robert and Scott made me almost feel like I hadn't been away for without any prompting they still remembered my name, which I feel this always make any guest feel special and it wasn't just my name they remembered it appeared by listening this was throughout all guests. Since I was there last time I had some spare time and read a few of the other reviews and the biggest gripes seem to be some of the rooms were a bit tired, Internet was chargeable an breakfast was a bit expensive, so while I was there this time I did some investigating and this is what I found, when you check in you are informed that if you book breakfast at reception the night before it's hugely discounted and as it's an all you can eat buffet I think personally this is excellent value, secondly and while I was there 75 rooms were being renovated with absolutely no disruption to any of the guests, so I'm guessing the tired rooms are not tired any more and the icing on the cake and I'm not sure if it's all holiday inn or just farnborough but as from June 2014 all internet wi-fi connections will be free this didn't worry me because whilst I was there my phone was maintaining 4G so all in all my second stay was as awesome as my first stay, I have stayed in other hotels in the area an to be perfectly honest none of them seemed worth of my time to even review them, I'm hoping in the near future to get a third stay, because it just seems that all guests are treated as a family extention.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Blackdeath13,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! I really appreciate your comments and the constructive feedback which I have since shared with my team.

I was delighted to read your review and am so pleased you enjoyed your second stay with us and hopefully there will be a third!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Just want to say what a wonderful wedding we've had! Everyone had a great time, the room looked lovely, food was excellent and the staff was friendly and helpful. All in all a perfect venue :D we would highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel C
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Rachel C

Thank you so much for your recent review following your wedding at the hotel. I was so pleased to hear you had a wonderful day and that the staff ensured it was memorable for you.

We take great pride in running Weddings, they are one of the most important day in a Bride's life so it is important we get it right! Thank you for your recommendation.

Kind Regards

Stamford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

During checkout I was waiting for the question "How was your stay?" but to no avail. Therefore I had to offer up my feedback.

Stayed from 24th to 26th February 2014. Firstly I had food from the bar only to be sick within two hours of consumption. Secondly above my room had some birds nesting, or mice - often heard throughout the night and especially first thing in the morning. Finally the 3rd floor is being decorated and the constant smell of paint drying is highly irritating when trying to sleep naturally.

Despite being a Plantinum Elite member - I will definitely not be returning.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. If you love the smell of paint and can sleep through it ok - then the 3rd flo...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank AnonGGE
Dear AnonGGE,

I was most concerned to read your review and so sorry we didn't live up to your expectations. Please do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com or 07808 098809 so I can restore your faith in the Holiday Inn Farnborough.

Your review is between two 5 star reviews so please be assured that your experience is by no means typical and certainly not up to the standards of guest care and service that I would expect.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!