This is now my 4th stay at Holiday Inn Farnborough. Although the property itself does not seem fascinating, the courteous and helpful staff more than makes up for the extravagance that the place is lacking. Enjoy IHG membership points for your stay here.
The one quality about this hotel that makes it stand out from the rest is the homely feeling you get while staying here. The air is not too professional and the Hampshire weather makes it all the more suited for a quiet place of rest.
The lounge/bar is alright with a host of freshly brewed local beers. If you are an IHG Platinum member, the internet is on the house which is great, except for the fact that its standard medium speed grade access which does not make up for a good experience on youtube.
The train station is not too far and the Rushmoore taxi service available locally is superb. Taxi bookings made through the hotel reception for airport transfers will fetch you pretty good discounted rates. There is also a BAE systems private airport at walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also enjoys proximity to a lot of restaurants and pubs situated in Aldershot and Farnham.
For those staying for a long duration at the hotel, the sticking point of complaint I have with the hotel is there never changing breakfast menu!
If you do need to visit the not-so-happening town of Farnborough, I would recommend Holiday Inn as the most suited place of stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Hampshire/Surrey border with easy access to the M3/M25, the Holiday Inn Farnborough is a great choice for a weekend break for visiting Birdworld, Legoland, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Wisley Gardens and Aldershot Military Museum.The hotel is within walking distance of FIVE, the South of England's new premier conference venue, the Farnborough Air Show and the Aldershot Army Show, and is two miles from Rushmoor Arena, which hosts the annual South of England Tempest Rally among other events.This Farnborough hotel offers guests comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with high-speed Internet access and full use of the Spirit Health Club with its pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well-equipped gym. Our newly refurbished restaurant offers varied menus with daily specials and themed menus once a week, and light bites are served in the lounge. Kids stay & eat free.*We take pride in delivering an efficient, friendly service for conferences, private parties and weddings. Our 10 meeting rooms offer scope for flexible programmes and events for up to 180 delegates/guests.See the hotel's package page for special overnight packages, hotel offers and our monthly theme/tribute nights.*Terms & conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, IHG, Priceline, Hotel.de, HotelsClick, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Farnborough Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hampshire