“amazing!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
“amazing!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

we stayed hear april 19th 2014...really really nice..staff amazing did everything they could to make our stay as comftable as possible...the pool is brill n the room are lovely..u must stay hear...best hotel ive been to..so thank u

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear leannekearney1986,

Thank you so much for your recent review. My team were so pleased to receive 5 stars from you!
I was delighted to hear you had a great stay with us and I do hope it will not be long before we are welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

If I book an executive room, I expect more than just a couple of fluffy dressing gowns! Tiny room, minute bathroom, booked a twin, got a double, we both fidget, before you ask! TV had a mind if its own! Wedding had taken over the place, staff rushed off their feet, public loos filthy, baby room bins full of soiled nappy 's - no management in evidence. Wi-fi charged for? Went out! Breakfast manic, small buffet stuffed in a corner, pancake machine broke, toaster ran on candle power, too many choices? Staff excellent but ran ragged, moved to the lounge for peace and quiet, discovered free Costa coffee thing! Never again ......

Room Tip: Find a room away from the front and function room! No lifts by the way....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear romoe017,

I was most concerned to read your review as we certainly failed to deliver exceptional service to you during your recent stay with us.

I am not sure how you were able to book an Executive Twin room as the hotel only has Executive Double rooms and I do hope the Receptionist on duty explained this to you. I will be sharing your feedback with my team to review your comments and to put procedures in place to prevent a similar experience for any future guest. I am very disappointed that you did not have a more positive experience and I would ask you to contact me directly on jane.standing@ihg.com so we can make amends.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed again recently after a disappointing previous stay and must say it has improved. The room was spotless and the staff were second to none. Very friendly and professional in a genuine way not the false corporate way you often see at chain hotels. The only let down is the quality of the food but I think this is down to the Holiday Inn group. Overall and good central hotel with fantastic staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear SteveB,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was delighted to see you have increased your rating from 2 to 3 stars since your review last September. I am so pleased you can see the improvements we have made.

I will talk to the Chef about the food but you are correct in as much as the menu design is carried out centrally. However I would value your specific feedback so we can improve further the current offering. Our menus are changing on the 6th May so do let me know your opinion should you stay with us after this date.

I am certainly hoping for a 4 star review on your next visit!

Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

What a brilliant hotel! The staff could not do enough for us; they were courteous, thoughtful and very respectful of our 7 year old son. The food was fabulous (breakfast = heavenly and the Bombay Banquet = delightful), the room spacious and leisure wonderful. They treat children so well, including them with everything - even giving them a 'registration card' and a courtesy gift card for a glass of milk and a cookie at the bar. We really enjoyed our stay and will happily make a return visit.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear 73Veronica,

I was delighted to read your 5 star review! Thank you so much for your feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in ensuring our younger guests enjoy their stay as much as the parents!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Rural Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed overnight as part of an evening out, somewhere different, in a hotel with facilities.

The hotel was busy (a wedding taking place) but the staff were very good & helpful. Our room was spacious, clean & with a modern bathroom.

We used the leisure facilities & found the pool warm & clean with a really good steam room& sauna on hand.

Breakfast was very good with a good choice of the usual.

What was interesting was the range of nationalities staying there. It made a really nice change (without being in London).

All in all a very pleasant stay & we will return if & when in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear GrandT,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your stay at the hotel. I was delighted to read your comments and have since shared them with the team

Meeting and exceeding guest expectations is key to our success and each and every member of my team is trained to ensure all guests have a great stay. This is of the utmost importance.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you again when you are next in the area.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

It has delightful, caring, considerate staff who really care about your stay. The buffet breakfast is amazing. There is a scotch/American pancake machine!!! The health club has an excellent pool and a bubbling jacuzzi. The bar and restaurant have a warming atmosphere and exceptional menu. One of the only bad things was that because the hotel served Starbucks, it was massively overpriced (£3 for a cup of tea!) The room service is 24hr and you can get the same menu from the restaurant to your room. We didn't use the WiFi because it was quite expensive so I can't comment on its quality. There were always staff on hand to help. The food was delicious and classy. The whole thing was good value. The beds were comfy and there was a good range of in-room teas and coffees and you could ask for decaf and herbal. Although it was next to a roundabout there wasn't much noise. (-:

Room Tip: Can't say much but 209 is lovely...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear mwhite 1968,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and feedback further to your recent stay at the hotel! I was delighted to read your comments which I will be sharing with my team.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is now my 4th stay at Holiday Inn Farnborough. Although the property itself does not seem fascinating, the courteous and helpful staff more than makes up for the extravagance that the place is lacking. Enjoy IHG membership points for your stay here.
The one quality about this hotel that makes it stand out from the rest is the homely feeling you get while staying here. The air is not too professional and the Hampshire weather makes it all the more suited for a quiet place of rest.
The lounge/bar is alright with a host of freshly brewed local beers. If you are an IHG Platinum member, the internet is on the house which is great, except for the fact that its standard medium speed grade access which does not make up for a good experience on youtube.
The train station is not too far and the Rushmoore taxi service available locally is superb. Taxi bookings made through the hotel reception for airport transfers will fetch you pretty good discounted rates. There is also a BAE systems private airport at walking distance from the hotel. The hotel also enjoys proximity to a lot of restaurants and pubs situated in Aldershot and Farnham.
For those staying for a long duration at the hotel, the sticking point of complaint I have with the hotel is there never changing breakfast menu!
If you do need to visit the not-so-happening town of Farnborough, I would recommend Holiday Inn as the most suited place of stay.

Room Tip: Go for rooms 431-436, they are the best in the house. The floor boards on the main tower of the hote...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Vishal_Wahal
Dear Vishal_Wahal,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay at the hotel. I certainly value guest feedback particularly from guests such as yourself who it would appear stayed in the hotel for some time.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff which I was so pleased to hear. Staff helpfulness and friendliness is of the utmost importance in ensuring a great stay for all of our guests.

I am aware that we do have some creaky floorboards in the main hotel building as a result of it's age (Built 1904). We have recently completed a sample room where we have laid new flooring to resolve this issue with the intention of doing all rooms on the top floor to prevent further complaints.

Many thanks once again and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Kind Regards,

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 8 in Farnborough

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!