“Quality friendly service”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Bridgend, Wales, United Kingdom
“Quality friendly service”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Met a few folks staying there. Staff were really helpful & polite. Had dinner of duck, which was cooked as requested & really nice. Dinner was great value & breakfast was good too.

Room was clean & very comfortable. There is a charge for internet use & would recommend you establish the costs when booking. Rates vary for an hour, day etc but I avoided as thought a little salty.

Comfortable stay, thank you.

• Stayed April 2014
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Peter S,

I was delighted to read your recent review about the hotel and pleased to learn that the staff were friendly and helpful during your stay. I was also pleased to note that you enjoyed the food both at dinner and breakfast.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Once again many thanks for your review

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Polish first
Dumfries
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the staff very helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and we had a lovely view of the garden area beside car park. The breakfast was adequate though, like other Holiday Inns we have stayed in, the coffee is atrocious. I do not know why a group as large as this cannot use their influence to purchase better coffee. That said this is a good value hotel and if we were ever in the area again we would retun

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Simmag,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to receive your feedback which I have since shared with my team.

I will forward your comments regarding the coffee to our central Food and Beverage team, I am sorry that the taste did not live up to your expectations. We do serve Starbucks coffee in the lounge which we can offer you as an alternative on a future stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Farnborough having spent many nights there on business some years ago. The hotel itself has, I think, improved, with excellent staff who were friendly throughout my stay. The breakfast was excellent and is highly recommended. Room service was good and relatively quick. However, dinner in the dining room was a little disappointing.

My only real complaint is the swimming pool, sauna, etc. which looks very tired and little, if any, money has been spent on it since my previous visits.

All in all, an excellent stay, but it would have been improved had the leisure area been updated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Richard C,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay at the hotel. I was delighted to hear of the improvements since your last visit and glad that the staff looked after you.

I was sorry to learn that dinner and the Leisure Club did not exceed your expectations, your comments will be reviewed with my team. I can advise however that a new Jacuzzi is being installed w/c 16th June.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

After a busy day travelling and visiting Legoland The Holiday Inn at Farnborough was the perfect combination of price, distance and comfortability. Our room was lovely, as you would expect clean & comfortable. The lady who checked us in on reception was very thorough and very polite and got us checked in quickly whilst making sure we were fully informed. The cookie & milk voucher and welcome packs for the kids were greatly received. Food was ok ...as we had pre paid for dinner & breakfast we were given a slightly restricted budget menu..it was alright. It filled a hole. I wasn't overly impressed with the kids meals , pretty much looked like a microwaved cottage pie! Extremely over priced on the bar drinks (£22 for two brandy's!) but then i don't really know a hotel that isn't. Breakfast was lovely, nice & fresh with plenty of options - definitely value for money and the pancake station was a nice touch. I would stay again but i wouldn't pre pay for dinner as i would have like more options... the other food being brought out looked like it was a much nicer quality but then again you get what you pay for! Overall it was an enjoyable stay with very helpful staff. Nice touch giving the kids goody boxes upon departure.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KeriJJ
Dear Berskwell,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay with us. I was so pleased you and the family enjoyed your stay and that you would return. We pride ourselves on being a family friendly hotel and strive to ensure our younger guests are as satisfied as the older ones!

I have noted your comments about the food and will discuss this with my Head Chef. The dishes on the set menu should be the same standard as those on the a la carte menu. I am sorry if you felt this was not the case.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

we stayed hear april 19th 2014...really really nice..staff amazing did everything they could to make our stay as comftable as possible...the pool is brill n the room are lovely..u must stay hear...best hotel ive been to..so thank u

• Stayed April 2014
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear leannekearney1986,

Thank you so much for your recent review. My team were so pleased to receive 5 stars from you!
I was delighted to hear you had a great stay with us and I do hope it will not be long before we are welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

If I book an executive room, I expect more than just a couple of fluffy dressing gowns! Tiny room, minute bathroom, booked a twin, got a double, we both fidget, before you ask! TV had a mind if its own! Wedding had taken over the place, staff rushed off their feet, public loos filthy, baby room bins full of soiled nappy 's - no management in evidence. Wi-fi charged for? Went out! Breakfast manic, small buffet stuffed in a corner, pancake machine broke, toaster ran on candle power, too many choices? Staff excellent but ran ragged, moved to the lounge for peace and quiet, discovered free Costa coffee thing! Never again ......

Room Tip: Find a room away from the front and function room! No lifts by the way....
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear romoe017,

I was most concerned to read your review as we certainly failed to deliver exceptional service to you during your recent stay with us.

I am not sure how you were able to book an Executive Twin room as the hotel only has Executive Double rooms and I do hope the Receptionist on duty explained this to you. I will be sharing your feedback with my team to review your comments and to put procedures in place to prevent a similar experience for any future guest. I am very disappointed that you did not have a more positive experience and I would ask you to contact me directly on jane.standing@ihg.com so we can make amends.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Grays Thurrock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Stayed again recently after a disappointing previous stay and must say it has improved. The room was spotless and the staff were second to none. Very friendly and professional in a genuine way not the false corporate way you often see at chain hotels. The only let down is the quality of the food but I think this is down to the Holiday Inn group. Overall and good central hotel with fantastic staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear SteveB,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was delighted to see you have increased your rating from 2 to 3 stars since your review last September. I am so pleased you can see the improvements we have made.

I will talk to the Chef about the food but you are correct in as much as the menu design is carried out centrally. However I would value your specific feedback so we can improve further the current offering. Our menus are changing on the 6th May so do let me know your opinion should you stay with us after this date.

I am certainly hoping for a 4 star review on your next visit!

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Holiday Inn Guildford
Holiday Inn Guildford
#4 of 11 in Guildford
Travelodge Farnborough Central

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!