“Very nice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Colne, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely hotel brilliant staff rooms clean and comfortable swimming pool is brilliant our little girl loved it. Breakfast was lovely lots of choice only advice is ask for a room on upper floors we had one on bottom floor and didn't sleep to we'll due to children up stairs running about but don't let it put you off just request a room higher up.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Paul s,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay at the hotel. I have since shared your comments with my team and I was so pleased to hear your feedback.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of looking after you again should you require accommodation in the Farnborough area.

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed here overnight while visiting nearby family. From arrival to departure there was nothing to fault. Car parking was easy. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly , the room was great and clean and the evening meal and serving staff were excellent. The breakfast was the best I've had in a Holiday Inn, all staff that we encountered were warm and helpful. I will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ceri_lewis5,

Thank you so much for your recent review. I was delighted to read your comments and pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team are here to ensure all guests have a really enjoyable stay and I am glad they looked after you well,

Thank you for your comments about the breakfast which I have passed on to the Chef and Restaurant staff. The Holiday Inn breakfast has won several awards over the years which we are very proud of.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel the next time you need accommodation in the Farnborough area.

Derby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I'm a Pest Control Technician who has the pleasure of traveling the Country... I've stayed in some right dives also some top notch places.. I always inspect where I stay..

The Holiday Inn, Farnbourgh, without a doubt head and shoulders above any of their competitors... Remember I'm a contractor and wasn't looking my best after a 14 he shift..

*Check inn.. Polite at reception, clearly able to respect and converse with all types of custom from manual to office types and suits, I witnessed this first hand..

Entrance spotless, attractive looking and comfy feel ..

Corridors to rooms all spotless..

Room mine No237.. I tried, I really did and I know what I'm looking for...!!! Found nothing, no previous occupant evidence, everything clean and spotlessly presented.. Everything you could ever need and there for you like it's never been used before..

This is defiantly going on my repeat list..

** was unable to use the bar area as was driving early the next morning but I noted that every kind where there all enjoying the same..

Thank you Holiday inn..

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Darron P,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review which I read with delight! High praise indeed from someone who knows what to look out for!

My team were so pleased to read your review, particularly the Housekeeping team who do take much pride in the presentation of their bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed at the is hotel for three nights. One of the best Holiday Inns I have ever stayed at and excellent quality. This hotel has a good location, good car parking. Hotel staff could not be more helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alan G,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! My team and I are delighted that you feel this hotel is one of the best Holiday Inns you have ever stayed in.

Thank you so much for your kind comments and we certainly hope you will have the need to stay in Farnborough again very soon.

Kind regards

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is easy to find and in a good location for Farnborough (everything aviation) and Aldershot (everything army). Joining the rewards scheme gave us an hour of free wifi - which was all that we needed to find a cinema in Aldershot and a place to eat there. (NB Parking under the Westgate centre - very convenient and free.) Parking at the hotel was no problem. Small swimming pool and underground gym with lots of equipment - including barbells (very good and unusual for hotels) as well as dumbbells. FAST museum just along the Farnborough Road. Full English breakfast very good. Only down side was the room was a little cold and dark (had to have the lights on during the day as it faced into a small courtyard) but otherwise fine.

Room Tip: Get a room looking outwards rather than inwards
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Shaun H,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay at the hotel. Thank you so much for your constructive feedback and I have since shared your review with my team.

I do hope you will visit the hotel again should you need accommodation in the area and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in order to take advantage of a weekend at Legoland. We couldn't fault it. Kids got milk and cookies voucher on arrival plus a goody bag which was a nice touch. Room was spacious and comfy even with four of us sleeping there...breakfast was fab...great selection to suit all tastes. Pancake machine was brilliant as it persuaded our two fussy children to eat breakfast! On Saturday evening we ate in the bar area where the kids ate free. My husband ordered salt beef hash and the potatoes weren't cooked.... The Asian gentleman in charge of the bar (wish I'd made a note of his name) displayed exemplary customer service... He replaced my husband's meal quickly, gave us free desserts and coffee and told us he didn't want us to leave without a smile! We were amazed at the trouble he went to to ensure we had a good experience. He needs recognition!! We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear MikeJen07,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review further to your recent stay at the hotel!

I was delighted to read your comments and so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your visit. I must apologise for the under cooked Salt Beef Hash but I was pleased the Asian member of staff came to the rescue, I have since shared your comments with him.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The last time I stayed was Christmas 2013.

We came here again because of our pleasant experience last time.

It was very busy but there were plenty of staff.

We were greeted with chocolates this time for being IHG members. I was glad to hear that free internet access is coming in June 2014 for IHG members.

The staff were really friendly. My room as always was lovely and I will stay here anytime I need to be at my friend's house.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are great with minimal noise from the floors above.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear balibelli2011,

Thank you so much for writing a review after your return visit to the hotel. It is always rewarding to get positive and 5 star reviews from repeat customers!

I was pleased to read that you will stay with us again next time you need to visit your friend in the area. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 8 in Farnborough

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!