“Spacious room”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Haworth, United Kingdom
“Spacious room”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room we were allocated was spacious and had a lovely bay window. It was tired looking and the shower head was covered in orange bacteria mould which shows it had not been cleaned. At night time the floor boards in the room above us creaked excessively and made it difficult to get to sleep. I would stay at the hotel again but ask for a top floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Diane W
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Diane W,

Thank you for your recent review. I was most concerned to hear your feedback about the shower and the disturbance from the creaky floorboards. I have asked my Head Housekeeper to address the issue with the shower.

Whilst some guests prefer the country house style accommodation we do have bedroom wings with more contemporary style accommodation. Please do ask for these rooms should you wish to stay with us in the future.

I do hope this visit will not deter you from returning to the hotel and if I can assist in any way please do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com.

Jane Standing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Polish first
Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a legoland break and it was truly excellent. We arrived to a very friendly happy member of staff called Neil who explained everything thoroughly but quickly the children had gift packs and milk and cookie vouchers. Our room was very clean and was subsequently cleaned everyday to a verh high standard. The bar staff were also very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere throughout the hotel. The breakfast were fab even though I'm not a fan of buffet style hot food it was without a doubt the best I've had. The children were made very welcome everywhere even at the pool where I get the impression they get mostly adults. All in all a fab hotel. Location wise we were 30 mins from legoland 5 mins from the train station where u can get a direct train to waterloo. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and for your 5 star review! I was delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will visit again soon and I have shared your lovely comments with my team.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family all met and stayed last night for my mum's 70th. First class staff all made you feel spoilt. Fantastic rooms and beautiful food. Facilities very very good aswell, all round made it a birthday to remember, thanks holiday Inn. Definitely recommend.

Dear Antony1111,

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating your mothers 70th Birthday. Hotels play an important part in these special occasions and I am so pleased the team looked after you so well.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of hosting another family occasion for you in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Only stayed over for one night as we were visiting legoland windsor. There were six of us in the group, me, my husband and our three year old daughter,and my parents and seven year old niece. Excellent services all round. Check in was friendly,quick and easy. The children were given a milk and cookies voucher to hand in at the bar and also a kids activity pack with jigsaw, crayons, colouring book, stickers etc in ,which was a very personal touch they were thrilled.
The room was in very good condition with huge tv and extremely clean with more than enough clean towels. The restaurant was very clean and modern with an excellent choice and quality of food at a reasonable price. The children were given their own menu with puzzles and colouring to keep them busy and their meals were free. In addition upon leaving the restaurant we were asked if the children would like complimentary ice cream sent up to our rooms. The check out was just as quick and easy and upon leaving the children were given a snack box each.I cannot recommend this hotel enough. Would definitely return. Thank you.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Philippa B
Dear Philippa B,

Thank you so much for your recent 5 star review and in particular the headline "the best hotel we've stayed in". I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff looked after you.

My team are crucial in ensuring that all guests have a great stay and I do hope you will be back to visit Legoland perhaps later in the year.

Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I was at the Hoilday Inn for 2 weeks for business. Definately a first class hotel!!!!! They have a full gym with plenty of equipment for everyone to use, a nice pool and sauna. However, it is the staff that makes this a great and friendly place to stay. The staff always have smiles on their faces and called me by name everyday. They will go above and beyond to make you stay great!!!!! I highly recommend this Holiday Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ryan L
Dear Ryan L,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit particularly as you stayed with us for 2 weeks.

It's the staff that make a hotel and I was delighted that they looked after you so well. We look forward to your next visit!

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed for two nights in a room that was soooooooooo quiet it was unbelievable, especially considering the number of guests in the hotel. Also there was a football match on in the bar and we could not hear anything.

The room was cleaned to a very high standard and had blackout curtains which really worked, bed was very comfortable with super pillows. Lots of coffee and tea but no biscuits!

We dined out so I can not comment on the food although my hubby said that the breakfast was good. It is definately a hotel that we will stay at again when visiting the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Patsy10red,

I was delighted to read your recent review and pleased that you found the hotel to be a quiet place to relax. I have since shared your comments with my team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We have just returned from a legoland package break and we are so pleased we chose this hotel. It was comfortable, quiet and the staff were amazing. The food was also delicious and plenty of it. Our room was spacious and with 2 adults, 2 children and a baby we still had room to move about easily. The pool is kept clean and tidy with helpful friendly staff. Our waitress was Hayley and she was very helpful and always smiling, which made us feel very welcome. We loved all the little extra touches the package provides for the children and we will definitely be returning soon. Well done holiday inn :)

1 Thank MrsCK1
Dear MrsCK1,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review further to your stay at the hotel. I was so pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff an in particular Hayley who looked after you so well. I do hope you will stay with us next time you need to be in the Farnborough area.

Kind regards

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Holiday Inn Guildford
Holiday Inn Guildford
#3 of 11 in Guildford
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!