“Large hotel. Excellent, friendly front desk staff”

Holiday Inn Farnborough
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for one night on a stop over on the way to the Goodwood FOS. It was a little further away than we normally would had stayed but slightly closer to home.

Upon arrival the car park was really busy, and whilst of a good size we struggled to park, luckily someone was just leaving. There was a wedding on, and we walked from the back of the hotel through to front reception, seemingly through the wedding party at the bar!

Front desk could not have been more helpful, free chocolate bars handed to us as we are members of the priority reward system that was nice too.

The hotel is quite large, with long corridors. Our room was at the end. The room felt newly decorated, and was clean and fresh. Nice fluffy towels and good room toiletries. Tea & coffee facilities too.

Excellent service, and would definitely use again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear MrsACM,

I was delighted to read that you stayed with us on your way to Goodwood, we are in an ideal location close to motorway links to make this a great option!

Thank you for your feedback and I have since shared your review with my team. I really value guest feedback as it allows me the opportunity to review our facilities and services to ensure we continue to offer the best possible experience to our guests.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I booked to stay in the holiday inn for two nights just me and my 1 year old daughter, on arrival staff were very friendly I
Soon found out there were no lifts and I was on top floor (difficult when you have a suitcase baby and a pram) staff were more than happy to help with my stuff never moaned, they put me on top floor as there was a function going on for a couple day (didn't hear anything) room was small but comfortable enough, toilets not dated but hey it wasn't dirty so that was good, I had quite a nice view, beds were comfy. Perfect for short stay couldn't fault it good bar and costa! Yummy! :) but the staff were really great :)

Dear Georgia H,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your stay at the hotel.

I am sorry we had to allocate you a room on a higher floor but we were keen that you shouldn't be disturbed. I am pleased to hear the staff were helpful and helped you with the pram and luggage.

On your next visit we would be delighted to offer you one of our newly updated rooms on the ground floor which I am sure you will find more convenient.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Booked a family room for one night through legoland website (incl 2 day park tickets) and the whole family enjoyed our stay on 30/6/14 plus overall package v good value for money. Having previously stayed in a Holiday Inn Express at Southampton earlier this year, we were pleasantly surprised by little touches at Farnborough that will make me recommend the place and stay again in future - kids were given vouchers for milk & a cookie, an activity pack (always a god send for a long car journey) and when checking out, a little snack box each. The breakfast buffet had a wide choice and all staff we encountered (reception, restaurant, bar and random cleaner) were friendly & pleasant but polite & efficient. Well done to the management team and the staff as it does make for a noticeably better stay for the guests.

2  Thank Deborah W

Dear Deborah W,

We were delighted to receive your 5 star review and were so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am glad the staff looked after you and your family so well. it is important that our younger guests are also recognised and made to feel as important as the adults!

Should you require accommodation again in the Farnborough area then please do get in touch!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the w/e of 22nd June
We feel that the following staff went a long way to making it a very enjoyable w/e
Hollie and Neil on reception, very welcoming and helpful.
Ruth who procured some Gluten-free bread
Hayley the pleasant and helpful waitress
The ambiance was welcoming, pleasant, light and airy, very clean
The only blot was the bar prices, but the food was very good

Dear JonnyboySalford,

Thank you so much for your recent review and in particular your comments about some of my staff.

As a hotelier I know it really is the people who the guests interact with which make a difference. I have shared your comments with the team and the mentioned staff have been thanked and recognised for their great service.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

The room we were allocated was spacious and had a lovely bay window. It was tired looking and the shower head was covered in orange bacteria mould which shows it had not been cleaned. At night time the floor boards in the room above us creaked excessively and made it difficult to get to sleep. I would stay at the hotel again but ask for a top floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room.
1  Thank Diane W
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Diane W,

Thank you for your recent review. I was most concerned to hear your feedback about the shower and the disturbance from the creaky floorboards. I have asked my Head Housekeeper to address the issue with the shower.

Whilst some guests prefer the country house style accommodation we do have bedroom wings with more contemporary style accommodation. Please do ask for these rooms should you wish to stay with us in the future.

I do hope this visit will not deter you from returning to the hotel and if I can assist in any way please do get in touch on jane.standing@ihg.com.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here on a legoland break and it was truly excellent. We arrived to a very friendly happy member of staff called Neil who explained everything thoroughly but quickly the children had gift packs and milk and cookie vouchers. Our room was very clean and was subsequently cleaned everyday to a verh high standard. The bar staff were also very friendly and there was a lovely atmosphere throughout the hotel. The breakfast were fab even though I'm not a fan of buffet style hot food it was without a doubt the best I've had. The children were made very welcome everywhere even at the pool where I get the impression they get mostly adults. All in all a fab hotel. Location wise we were 30 mins from legoland 5 mins from the train station where u can get a direct train to waterloo. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Dear Rachel S,

Thank you so much for your recommendation and for your 5 star review! I was delighted to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you will visit again soon and I have shared your lovely comments with my team.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My family all met and stayed last night for my mum's 70th. First class staff all made you feel spoilt. Fantastic rooms and beautiful food. Facilities very very good aswell, all round made it a birthday to remember, thanks holiday Inn. Definitely recommend.

Dear Antony1111,

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us whilst celebrating your mothers 70th Birthday. Hotels play an important part in these special occasions and I am so pleased the team looked after you so well.

I do hope we may have the pleasure of hosting another family occasion for you in the future.

Jane Standing

Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham
Falcon Hotel
Falcon Hotel
#7 of 7 in Farnborough

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!