We, a family of four (children aged 9 and 7), travelling with my in-laws with same aged children, used the Holiday Inn Farnborough as a base from which to travel to Legoland. We bought this overnight stay through 'Budget Family Breaks' (cheaper than through Legoland's own website with the same hotel!!).
The Customer Service was the OUTSTANDING feature in this hotel, nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were welcoming, happy, accommodating and helpful.
The hotel facilities were great also. Each room was a good size with a comfortable good sized sofa bed for the children. The rooms were very clean with air conditioning, drinks fridge (chargeable), big TV, iron/board, hairdryer. The hotel also has a health club attached, used by non-hotel members, with a gym, a lovely pool albeit small and a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.
The children were welcomed with a pack of goodies when we checked in and a FREE cookie and milk voucher, they were also given a goodie bag of healthy snacks when we left - lovely touch.
The only thing with this hotel was the price of the food. You cannot eat a main course for less than £12 per head and although the quality of the food is good, the quantities do not make it good value for money. The childen will eat for FREE from the very well selected children's menu buffet of pasta, shepherds pie, wedges, vegetables, pizzas and fish fingers which does balance out the cost I guess; we liked the idea of the children being able to tuck into the buffet immediately on arrival, especially after a couple of hours in the pool. The good thing is that you can sit in either the bar or the restaurant and choose from either menu. There were not a lot of people eating in the bar or restaurant, I guess because of the price and there are other options locally. There is a great Indian restaurant we tried on the Sunday night just down the road and I also saw another hotel guest receiving a pizza delivery!!
Breakfast was excellent with a full english, cereals, toast, pancakes etc... and again the service was excellent.
Overall a lovely stay and would highly recommend it. Just plan what you are going to eat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Hampshire/Surrey border with easy access to the M3/M25, the Holiday Inn Farnborough is a great choice for a weekend break for visiting Birdworld, Legoland, Thorpe Park, Chessington World of Adventures, Wisley Gardens and Aldershot Military Museum.The hotel is within walking distance of FIVE, the South of England's new premier conference venue, the Farnborough Air Show and the Aldershot Army Show, and is two miles from Rushmoor Arena, which hosts the annual South of England Tempest Rally among other events.This Farnborough hotel offers guests comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms, with high-speed Internet access and full use of the Spirit Health Club with its pool, jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and well-equipped gym. Our newly refurbished restaurant offers varied menus with daily specials and themed menus once a week, and light bites are served in the lounge. Kids stay & eat free.*We take pride in delivering an efficient, friendly service for conferences, private parties and weddings. Our 10 meeting rooms offer scope for flexible programmes and events for up to 180 delegates/guests.See the hotel's package page for special overnight packages, hotel offers and our monthly theme/tribute nights.*Terms & conditions apply. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Farnborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hotel Farnborough
- Farnborough Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Farnborough Hampshire