“Fantastic ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Farnborough
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We are at hotel now with a coach trip from south Wales . Rooms are good . Spacious clean . Everything you need . Dinner was buffet style for us all was very good . Would definitely recommend. Looking forward to breakfast ,)

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Whitebriefs4,

Thank you for taking the leave a review for the hotel.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and had everything you needed. I hope you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning?

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Robert
robert.head@ihg.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our 2 kids as were goon to Legoland. No faults with this hotel whatsoever. Staff on arrival were brilliant, especially with kids after a long journey from Scotland. Room spacious and very clean. Breakfast was lovely, loads of choice and staff in restaurant very nice. Had dinner here as well. Can't fault this. Kids ate for free from buffet. Very happy with stay and would return.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear stace1377,

I was so delighted to read your 5 star review and to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We put a lot of importance on ensuring our younger guests have a great experience, it is always very exciting for children to stay in a hotel and I am pleased you and your family would recomend us.

We hope to see you again should you decide to return to Legoland.

Aylesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July for 2 night and can recommend this hotel to any travelling businessmen or holiday makers. Room was well appointed and very clean, possibly for me a little cold as the air conditioning was full on but once adjusted was fine. Excellent parking facilities. Front desk staff more than helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was also included in my rate and was a little disappointing as in the peak time no hot food plates were available and the trays of hot food empty. Possibly a bit much for one member of staff with the numbers eating. Choice and quality otherwise good. Bars meals reasonably priced and good. Overall the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was good value for money including also the spa/gym facilities.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Stevewood,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay with us.

I have since shared your comments with my team for their review and I was pleased to note you found the staff friendly and efficient.

I was sorry to learn you found the room a little cold. As July was such a hot month we took the liberty of turning the AC on in each room during the day to ensure the room was cool when guests arrived or returned to their rooms.

With regards to breakfast I must apologise that the plates and buffet items were not replenished quickly enough, I have asked my Head Chef to review this with his team.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Lakenheath, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Budget break for Legoland, but will be only too happy to pay normal rate as we will stay again. Opted for snacks as had our fill earlier in the day, staff extremely accommodating, breakfast great. Swimming too! All in all very happy,well done Hilton Farnborough.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
1 Thank Caroline R
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Caroline R,

Thank you for your recent review and I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was glad to note that you will also stay again with us.

I am sure it was a typo however we are the Holiday Inn in Farnborough, not The Hilton! Fortunately here is no Hilton in sight!

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for family gathering not far away. Hotel is in good condition, nice large indoor bar/sitting area, also has outside sitting areas.

The room we stayed in was a mini-suite (non-smoking) which was a very nice size. It had a separate sitting area and a nice sized bathroom with an excellent power shower. The bed was very confortable and we had a great sleep. We purchased this room well in advance and had breakfast included for £89.00 per night which we thought was great value.

The breakfast was very good with a large selection of hot and cold food. The restaurant staff were very attentive and helpful and Mr Kalpesh Gada (Restuarant Manager) led his team very well indeed. The only down side to the breakfast was they did run out of hot food on both mornings and took some time in replacing it.

The only other down side was the exorbitant bar prices at £10.00 for a glass of very average white wine is a tad excessive. One bar bill for 2 pints of lager, 1 coke, 1 glas of wine and a double G & T = £30.90. Also the food bought at the bar was very pricey. You have been warned.

However, our overall experience at this hotel was a good one.

Room Tip: Our room was Mini-Suite Room # 432 which we thought was very good. The room below us was room # 412...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear DAVID S,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay at the hotel and thank you for your constructive feedback.

I have thanked Kalpesh for looking after you and your family so well and pleased that he made an impression on you. I really value guest feedback and it is always very rewarding when staff members are mentioned by name.

With regards to the bar prices, hotel pricing is traditionally higher than a pub for example and having reviewed our tariff we price very similar to other comparable hotels in the area. I certainly appreciate your views and thank you for your feedback.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good hotel, with very friendly staff.
Arrived on a Saturday to stay for 2 nights for a family christening. Weather was beautiful so spent Saturday afternoon sitting outside in lovely garden area, children had plenty of room to run around after a long journey. We arrived early and room was not ready lovely gentleman at reception did say he would inform us when room was ready, however I had to chase, but he was very busy. Room was large and was very cool which was welcoming on such a hot day, however did find previous families items, in drawers, baby wipes, loom bands etc so housekeeping should have checked prior to new guests. Swimming pool was good, staff were fantastic, on Monday morning they were short on towels and asked us to go back up to room for our room towels, which we didn't mind doing, however some guests may be offended by this.
Breakfast was generally good, however at times the bacon was undercooked, the pancake machine kept braking much to my children's disappointment and on Monday morning we had to ask and wait a considerable time for pastries to be brought out. when they were brought out they did bring them straight to our table warm and delicious.
Although we stayed here for family event, we did not have the time to visit anywhere local like LEGOLAND etc, but we would certainly use this hotel again when visiting family or going to attractions.
All in all nice hotel, lovely building and outside area, helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank samantha h
Dear Samantha h,

Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to write a comprehensive review further to your recent stay at the hotel.

I have shared your comments with my Management team for their review and action and I appreciate you bringing these points to my attention. I was pleased to note that the staff looked after you and your family and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We, a family of four (children aged 9 and 7), travelling with my in-laws with same aged children, used the Holiday Inn Farnborough as a base from which to travel to Legoland. We bought this overnight stay through 'Budget Family Breaks' (cheaper than through Legoland's own website with the same hotel!!).
The Customer Service was the OUTSTANDING feature in this hotel, nothing was too much trouble and all the staff were welcoming, happy, accommodating and helpful.
The hotel facilities were great also. Each room was a good size with a comfortable good sized sofa bed for the children. The rooms were very clean with air conditioning, drinks fridge (chargeable), big TV, iron/board, hairdryer. The hotel also has a health club attached, used by non-hotel members, with a gym, a lovely pool albeit small and a sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.
The children were welcomed with a pack of goodies when we checked in and a FREE cookie and milk voucher, they were also given a goodie bag of healthy snacks when we left - lovely touch.
The only thing with this hotel was the price of the food. You cannot eat a main course for less than £12 per head and although the quality of the food is good, the quantities do not make it good value for money. The childen will eat for FREE from the very well selected children's menu buffet of pasta, shepherds pie, wedges, vegetables, pizzas and fish fingers which does balance out the cost I guess; we liked the idea of the children being able to tuck into the buffet immediately on arrival, especially after a couple of hours in the pool. The good thing is that you can sit in either the bar or the restaurant and choose from either menu. There were not a lot of people eating in the bar or restaurant, I guess because of the price and there are other options locally. There is a great Indian restaurant we tried on the Sunday night just down the road and I also saw another hotel guest receiving a pizza delivery!!
Breakfast was excellent with a full english, cereals, toast, pancakes etc... and again the service was excellent.
Overall a lovely stay and would highly recommend it. Just plan what you are going to eat.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank redeemedbyLove
Dear redeemedbyLove,

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review further to your stay at the hotel.

I was so pleased to hear you found the customer service to be outstanding, from my perspective it's the staff who can really make a guests stay. I put a lot of emphasis on recruiting the right type of person and then ensuring they have excellent training.

I understand your concerns regarding the price of food, however as you say if you take in to account the free food for the children at both breakfast and dinner it makes the overall cost more competitive. Our pricing is very similar to other hotels in the area.

I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and thank you once again for your feedback.

Jane Standing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Farnborough
Aviator Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Premier Inn Farnborough Town Centre
Premier Inn Aldershot Hotel
The Hog's Back Hotel & Spa Farnham

Been to Holiday Inn Farnborough? Share your experiences!