Holiday Inn Farnborough
Falcon Hotel(Farnborough)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewspancake machinemilk and cookiesactivity packlegoland deallego landon arrivalswimming poolsofa bedbar priceshealth clubmini bargood sizesteam room and saunathe room was nicewould stay againfamily roombreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We are at hotel now with a coach trip from south Wales . Rooms are good . Spacious clean . Everything you need . Dinner was buffet style for us all was very good . Would definitely recommend. Looking forward to breakfast ,)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Robert-Head, Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Whitebriefs4,

Thank you for taking the leave a review for the hotel.

It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and had everything you needed. I hope you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning?

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Robert
robert.head@ihg.com

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our 2 kids as were goon to Legoland. No faults with this hotel whatsoever. Staff on arrival were brilliant, especially with kids after a long journey from Scotland. Room spacious and very clean. Breakfast was lovely, loads of choice and staff in restaurant very nice. Had dinner here as well. Can't fault this. Kids ate for free from buffet. Very happy with stay and would return.

• Stayed: August 2014
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear stace1377,

I was so delighted to read your 5 star review and to learn how much you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We put a lot of importance on ensuring our younger guests have a great experience, it is always very exciting for children to stay in a hotel and I am pleased you and your family would recomend us.

We hope to see you again should you decide to return to Legoland.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel in July for 2 night and can recommend this hotel to any travelling businessmen or holiday makers. Room was well appointed and very clean, possibly for me a little cold as the air conditioning was full on but once adjusted was fine. Excellent parking facilities. Front desk staff more than helpful and very friendly. Breakfast was also included in my rate and was a little disappointing as in the peak time no hot food plates were available and the trays of hot food empty. Possibly a bit much for one member of staff with the numbers eating. Choice and quality otherwise good. Bars meals reasonably priced and good. Overall the staff were very helpful and friendly and the hotel was good value for money including also the spa/gym facilities.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Stevewood,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a review further to your recent stay with us.

I have since shared your comments with my team for their review and I was pleased to note you found the staff friendly and efficient.

I was sorry to learn you found the room a little cold. As July was such a hot month we took the liberty of turning the AC on in each room during the day to ensure the room was cool when guests arrived or returned to their rooms.

With regards to breakfast I must apologise that the plates and buffet items were not replenished quickly enough, I have asked my Head Chef to review this with his team.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Budget break for Legoland, but will be only too happy to pay normal rate as we will stay again. Opted for snacks as had our fill earlier in the day, staff extremely accommodating, breakfast great. Swimming too! All in all very happy,well done Hilton Farnborough.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Caroline R
Jane S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Farnborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Caroline R,

Thank you for your recent review and I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I was glad to note that you will also stay again with us.

I am sure it was a typo however we are the Holiday Inn in Farnborough, not The Hilton! Fortunately here is no Hilton in sight!

Many thanks once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel for family gathering not far away. Hotel is in good condition, nice large indoor bar/sitting area, also has outside sitting areas.

The room we stayed in was a mini-suite (non-smoking) which was a very nice size. It had a separate sitting area and a nice sized bathroom with an excellent power shower. The bed was very confortable and we had a great sleep. We purchased this room well in advance and had breakfast included for £89.00 per night which we thought was great value.

The breakfast was very good with a large selection of hot and cold food. The restaurant staff were very attentive and helpful and Mr Kalpesh Gada (Restuarant Manager) led his team very well indeed. The only down side to the breakfast was they did run out of hot food on both mornings and took some time in replacing it.

The only other down side was the exorbitant bar prices at £10.00 for a glass of very average white wine is a tad excessive. One bar bill for 2 pints of lager, 1 coke, 1 glas of wine and a double G & T = £30.90. Also the food bought at the bar was very pricey. You have been warned.

However, our overall experience at this hotel was a good one.

Room Tip: Our room was Mini-Suite Room # 432 which we thought was very good. The room below us was room # 412 which was also very good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear DAVID S,

I was delighted to read your recent review further to your stay at the hotel and thank you for your constructive feedback.

I have thanked Kalpesh for looking after you and your family so well and pleased that he made an impression on you. I really value guest feedback and it is always very rewarding when staff members are mentioned by name.

With regards to the bar prices, hotel pricing is traditionally higher than a pub for example and having reviewed our tariff we price very similar to other comparable hotels in the area. I certainly appreciate your views and thank you for your feedback.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.