“Does not live up to expectations”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Farnborough
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My first night was in a groundfloor room and since there is little sound proofing I was kept awake by the person above walking about in the night. At my request, I was then moved to a first floor room, but it had a loose door mechanism so I needed to use a wedge to stop door rattling.
The adjacent Brewers Fayre was okay for breakfast, but the evening meals were dreadful.
The staff advised that the good nights sleep guarantee does not apply to company bookings!

Room Tip: First Floor rooms at rear are only peaceful ones.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Farnborough West (Southwood) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed here on business for an overnighter and it was a very pleasant stay. Staff were helpful and welcoming. Only gripe would be at £92 for a room I would have expected free wifi for the night rather than just for 30mins!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We have used this Premier Inn before as we have familly in the area. Once again our visit was fault free but you get the feeling that if there was an issue it would be dealt with efficiently. My Husband likes Premier Inns because you know what to expect, rooms are large, clean and warm, there is a restaurant on site so no driving around in the dark looking for somewhere to eat. We find them the best budget hotels and use them several times a year, good value for money too.
Farnborough is a really good hotel in a great location, close to the M3 as well, we shall definately be using it again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Nice staff with a very good manner and helpful.
The room is a typical premier inn room with en-suite.
Nice clean room and fresh smelling feel about it.
The Tv was a bit poor as the signal kept breaking up and apart from that its ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you want one or you might end up near the car park at the front.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DenJack
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Usual Premier Inn standard e.g. No frills but clean and comfy. Friendly and helpful staff. Handy location if you are visiting Farnborough Aerospace Centre. Have stayed here a number of times and will continue to do so.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RebeccaMack
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was the nearest Premier Inn to Portsmouth I could get when I made the booking several months ago. However, it's only a comfortable hour's journey from the Ferry Terminal and it shortened our journey north the following morning, as it has good access to the M3 motorway.
The receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful and check-in was silky smooth.
Our room was clean and up to the usual Premier Inn standard and we had a very good night's sleep.
We used the adjoining Brewer's Fayre for our evening meal, which was perfectly adequate. Again, very friendly and attentive staff.
We opted for the full breakfast the following morning and were very pleased with the choice and the quality; well worth paying the little bit extra instead of having the Continental breakfast.
Would we stay there again? Absolutely.

Room Tip: We had room 50 on the first floor. It's a bit of a hike from reception, but was so incredibly qu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my parents for 2 nights. We booked 2 double rooms in one online transaction.

Location wise it was perfect for us. Just a few minutes drive from fleet & church crookham where the family we were visiting lives. It had plenty of parking and theres a brewers fayre on sure and a supermarket and another restaurant a 2 minute drive away.

The breakfast in the brewers fayre was good and the options were good.

The rooms were clean, spacious, comfortable,and had almost everything you'd want. The bathrooms were clean and had good baths with good overhead showers.

The issues were the following:
1) the hotel operates a system of putting single women ( Miss's) upstairsfor safety all, as well as automatic allocation system. Now I'm not sure this is a chain thing or a one off, and in principal I agree with it. My issue was that I was upstairs as far as possible from reception whilst my parents were downstairs. Not a major thing but a little inconvenient. We asked for this to be rectified at check in ( late evening) and it wasn't possible.

2) no room phones, despite a card telling you to use it to contact reception of there are issues and the presence of a telephone point. Now usually I wouldn't use one anyway except because my parents were downstairs to organise meeting or to share info. Also if ladies are upstairs for safety yet far from reception surely a phone is a useful thing?!?

3) in my parents room despite knowing there would be two people in the room they only put 1 bath towel In the room.

And the downstairs room was noisy at times with heavy footed people upstairs and shouting outside.

Staff were helpful and in the morning the same lady was on reception with the manager and they did move my parents upstairs and rectify the towel issue. The receptionist acknowledged these were not new complaints and the manager apologised and said they had training issues.

Despite these small issues we would stay here again

• Stayed: September 2013